GDT: Lightning and Pens @ Johnstown - 7PM?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Maybe I'm heartless, but my response to any complaining about that is that I don't care. It's the preseason, ffs, and their schedule is packed. It would have been nice for those people but that's actually not the point of the preseason, and rosters are never guaranteed.

I'm predicting an injury in this game.

Don't care either. And as a STH forced to buy pre-season tickets at the same price as regular season I appreciate them playing Sid & Kessel for the home games.

Huge surprise that Milbury took a shot at the Pens, though. That probably made his entire week. :laugh:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Milbury is crapping all over our D.
Doesn't see us improving our position from last year was the implication.

I mean, he could be right and it's looking that way with the how the pre-season is going.

It's also pretty annyoing that almost every team is cutting down thier roster for thier last 3 pre-season games and our opponents have iced thier A-roster the last 3 games, yet here we are, still with 50 guys in training camp and not geling at all yet.

Think it's gonna make for a rough start for us.
Especially on D. We need to cut down to 8 or 9 guys and start getting some chemistry going quick.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Whenever they ask a pro hockey player what their favorites lines/scenes from "Slapshot" are it annoys me and I want one of them to just be like "I can't say them because they're littered with cursing and sex jokes.".

Agalloch1986

Nov 26, 2012
I'm surprised Farnham isn't dressed for this game. Coach praised him highly in the game he dressed in and he hasn't played since. He'd look great on that 4th line with Sundqvist!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don't get the Pens organization sometimes. These people are your fanbase. You will never play in this arena again. Play your frigging A team. They make the easy decisions look so hard!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
When he didnt play last night I thought for sure Crosby would play in this game especially since the town actually won a contest to get this game AND it was being played in Penn.

Oh well, at least Malkin is in there.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I'm surprised Farnham isn't dressed for this game. Coach praised him highly in the game he dressed in and he hasn't played since. He'd look great on that 4th line with Sundqvist!

He went into the boards face-first and was held out of practices after. I think he might still be banged up.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

He got injured a couple games ago in Buffalo.
Still rehabbing.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

In what world does farnham ever look great playing hockey?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Lineup%20Card-Next%202%20Games.jpg

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Maybe the Pens are still pissed at the reffing last year and are sticking it to the league? (By not sending Sid and Phil)

Just a thought running through my head right now.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Here we go with the "The Pens are dicks for not dressing Sid!"

I hate to agree with Milbury on anything but they kind of are. Playing the Habs in Quebec City rankled the fans there but they added that game to their schedule late so too bad I guess. But now a unique game at the storied Johnstown rink (Penguins territory to boot), and they don't dress Sid again? For an organization who loves to toot their own horn when it comes to fan friendliness that's pretty tone-deaf.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
War Memorial brings back awesome memories for me. This is good stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad