Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I read somewhere that the Rangers got scrubs in the Stepan deal. Isn’t a 19-year-old putting up almost a point per game in the AHL the definition of a scrub?
Scrub for a scrub. D Step’s points were bound to regress due to lack of foot speed which, ironically, is Anderson’s pitfall. D Step won the lottery being able to garner anything over 30 points in a season- must have been tertiary assists. Clearly neither will amount to much in today’s nu NHL did you hear its the fastest game on ice and speed trumps Trump.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Scrub for a scrub. D Step’s points were bound to regress due to lack of foot speed which, ironically, is Anderson’s pitfall. D Step won the lottery being able to garner anything over 30 points in a season- must have been tertiary assists. Clearly neither will amount to much in today’s nu NHL did you hear its the fastest game on ice and speed trumps Trump.

What in the...

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Let's not get carried away with this reaction that we ran away with the Stepan deal. I like Lias, but it still remains to be seen how he pans out. Meanwhile, Stepan was traded away after a career-low shooting percentage in the playoffs, and is struggling to match his past offensive production on an atrocious Arizona team, but he remains an excellent player, and one that I would still love to have on the Rangers.

MikeSteaks

Sep 30, 2017
Let's not get carried away with this reaction that we ran away with the Stepan deal. I like Lias, but it still remains to be seen how he pans out. Meanwhile, Stepan was traded away after a career-low shooting percentage in the playoffs, and is struggling to match his past offensive production on an atrocious Arizona team, but he remains an excellent player, and one that I would still love to have on the Rangers.
The Rangers killed in the trade. That Stepan contract will be considered awful any day now.

Reactions: Rangers743

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Rangers killed in the Stepan deal

there was no market for him

some people still think we threw in Raanta for no reason when he was a very significant portion of the deal

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Judging by the play of Stepan this season and the play of Andersson this seaon I think we won that trade by a mile. Potential future captain and a rough dman prospect who just needs to be polished and can be a fantastic player. For what 1 year of Raanta and a balding mid-6 C? I loved Stepan but the whining about that deal needs to stop.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

Agree... was frustrating as he was to watch sometimes he was a good player overall and played with a decent amount of heart.

To say we won that deal this early is incredibly premature. It was the right one to make at the time though

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Judging by the play of Stepan this season and the play of Andersson this seaon I think we won that trade by a mile. Potential future captain and a rough dman prospect who just needs to be polished and can be a fantastic player. For what 1 year of Raanta and a balding mid-6 C? I loved Stepan but the whining about that deal needs to stop.

I'm not whining about the deal; I'd make it again. But I think Stepan is getting a lot of unfair criticism; he's not just a "balding mid-6 C." He's a guy that played a lot of great hockey in NY and was driven out of town after one snakebitten postseason. And while Stepan's point-production this year has not been good, just about anybody would struggle if they were brought on to be "the guy" on that terrible Coyotes roster.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
After the deadline, where we trade Zuccarello, McDonagh, Holden, Desharnais, Grabner and Nash, I can see Chytil, Lettieri, Andersson, Nieves, Tambellini Gropp being called up. The 2 slide-risk contracts no more than 9 games though.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchenvich
Miller-Hayes-Chytil/Gropp
Lettieri-Andersson/Tambellini-Fast
Vesey-Nieves-Holland

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Gilmour-DeAngelo
Graves-Pionk
Kampfer

As inexperienced as that team is, I can enjoy seeing these kids get a shot and show what they can do in some meaningless games.
Yes. Though I would consider keeping Zucc if he telegraphs a willingness to take a team-friendly deal. Rangers should be stockpiling talent of course, but also players who want to be Rangers.

Reactions: lucky13

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Yes. Though I would consider keeping Zucc if he telegraphs a willingness to take a team-friendly deal. Rangers should be stockpiling talent of course, but also players who want to be Rangers.

How about Nash and Zucc resigning in NY after the season? I mean, trade them as rentals now and then take them back on team-friendly deals. Not out of the realm of posibility given how much both of them love the city.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Would you do the same for McDonagh? I keep hearing how Zucc took a team friendly deal. McDonagh did even moreso. Why assume Zucc would do it and not McDonagh?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I understand the sentiment

In hindsight this was 100% correct move. Gorton would be crucified right now around here if the team was stuck with 4 more years of Stepan at his $6.5m salary while going thru rebuilt (and not turning him into any kind of assets that would fit into rebuilt).

Reactions: Rangers743

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
Would you do the same for McDonagh? I keep hearing how Zucc took a team friendly deal. McDonagh did even moreso. Why assume Zucc would do it and not McDonagh?
Different situations ....
Mac signed his right out of his elc...
Zucc has taken a few friendly deals already... not just the one...
Macs also eligible to sign a deal that zucc wouldn’t get

Reactions: UnSandvich

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Balding mid-6 C :laugh::laugh::laugh:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Andersson is great & DeAngelo has been our best defenseman since his callup. Andersson should be a 2nd line center and DeAngelo should be a top 4D. Not to mention we may not have drafted the steal of the draft (Chytil) had we not made that safe Pick first.

Reactions: Rangers in 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad