Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Been fun seeing these guys do well in north american style rink. Now lets grab a few more in a very good 2018 draft. 3 more preferably in round one.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Granted that the sample size is still miniscule, but you can't ask for better if you're tying to rebuild on the fly. It typically takes draftees 2-3 years before they even sniff the AHL

Reactions: haveandare

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Granted that the sample size is still miniscule, but you can't ask for better if you're tying to rebuild on the fly. It typically takes draftees 2-3 years before they even sniff the AHL

Lias played on a championship team last season and he wasn't a passenger either. That's a good indication and probably what convinced our scouting staff

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The NYR don't practice until Wednesday...so maybe he is just taking in the city on an off day....
Yeah, that was my thoughts as well. Wolf Pack don't play until Friday, and probably won't practice until Wednesday or Thursday (their game is at home), so it makes sense that he's in the city...call-up or not.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Unless Lias is getting a quick look for a game or two I don't see him getting called up now. Maybe for the last 9 games of the season. They aren't burning a year off his ELC for nothing. Team even went on record saying as much.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Unless Lias is getting a quick look for a game or two I don't see him getting called up now. Maybe for the last 9 games of the season. They aren't burning a year off his ELC for nothing. Team even went on record saying as much.

After the deadline, where we trade Zuccarello, McDonagh, Holden, Desharnais, Grabner and Nash, I can see Chytil, Lettieri, Andersson, Nieves, Tambellini Gropp being called up. The 2 slide-risk contracts no more than 9 games though.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchenvich
Miller-Hayes-Chytil/Gropp
Lettieri-Andersson/Tambellini-Fast
Vesey-Nieves-Holland

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Gilmour-DeAngelo
Graves-Pionk
Kampfer

As inexperienced as that team is, I can enjoy seeing these kids get a shot and show what they can do in some meaningless games.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
As a fan watching the old faces playing bad waiting for a trade to a contender and just dogging it around is much worse then looking at some fresh faces getting (even thu they are worse players) their first games in the big show. The new guys may never be full-time NHL'ers, but it gives us fans something new to follow and cheer on. During a rebuilt it will be our young guys progress that makes me turn on the games, not our hunt for a play-off spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad