LGBTQ Pride Night Tonight At Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
there's something called the Charter of Rights and Freedom.
if someone says something that is hateful towards a person based on their sexual orientation, skin colour or religion, then yes, i speak up. otherwise, being silent is akin to saying the insult yourself.
don't "buy" what i have to say if you don't want to. something tells me that we don't shop at the same stores.

The internet can make anyone into a hero in their own minds.
We dont shop at the same stores lol. Ya I shop on Earth where anyone can make up anything on the internet.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I know many women in soccer and hockey have come out openly as gay. Are men more reluctant or is it possible not as many gay men are actually playing professional sports?

First of all, only about 2-3 % of the entire male population would be gay in general. The men that are attracted to heavy contact aggressive sports, are mostly the hi- testosterone type males, and are not the gay types. I doubt that many men in the NHL are gay. If there are some, I highly doubt they would come out of the closet. There is "no benefit" to do so, only discrimination.

If a male player is gay, there is "no advantage" for him to come out and declare. He would not get any endorsement deals from companies, and a lot of the fan base would turn on him-- "so why would he come out."

Case in point-- there's a lot of speculation that Aaron Rogers, NFL quarterback is gay, and his former roommate and lover had admitted this on social media. Why would Rogers come out of the closet ???- it would cost him millions -- "he won't" . He actually hires women to pretend they are his girlfriends, and pays them a lot of money, to do just that. Create a "straight image."

As for the women-- I can see the more hi- testosterone females coming out,( butch types) and there's a lot of those types of women that are attracted to aggressive sports. The more feminine women, just are not attracted to sports that much, and may be bi-sexual, but there are not that many. There's quite a few "openly gay " women's tennis players, and I won't name them here-- but there's quite a lot of them. You can sort of tell by looking at them, and the way they act. Samantha Stosur is one that is openly gay, for women's tennis players, and there are many others.

The women are "more open" about this kind of thing, because it's more acceptable, but I cannot see this happening with the men in sports. ( maybe the odd one ?? but I sort of doubt it)

I don't see much changing at all regarding the men in sports - "just not acceptable." to the masses.

Last edited:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Today one of my gay neighbours got into a black F-150 with a Confederate flag covering the back window. I don't know what to think but I'm dead set against F-150s. There an abomination.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
okay then.

Conversation and human social interaction is a far more complicated issue than your sententious morality would suggest. And I guarantee you that you've passed at least once on an opportunity to upbraid someone for insulting someone using language "hateful towards a person based on their sexual orientation, skin colour or religion". There's simply no way the human psyche could handle being so constantly outraged. Social media would eat you alive in a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeseeing

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

First of all, only about 2-3 % of the entire male population would be gay in general. The men that are attracted to heavy contact aggressive sports, are mostly the hi- testosterone type males, and are not the gay types. I doubt that many men in the NHL are gay. If there are some, I highly doubt they would come out of the closet. There is "no benefit" to do so, only discrimination.

If a male player is gay, there is "no advantage" for him to come out and declare. He would not get any endorsement deals from companies, and a lot of the fan base would turn on him-- "so why would he come out."

Case in point-- there's a lot of speculation that Aaron Rogers, NFL quarterback is gay, and his former roommate and lover had admitted this on social media. Why would Rogers come out of the closet ???- it would cost him millions -- "he won't" . He actually hires women to pretend they are his girlfriends, and pays them a lot of money, to do just that. Create a "straight image."

As for the women-- I can see the more hi- testosterone females coming out,( butch types) and there's a lot of those types of women that are attracted to aggressive sports. The more feminine women, just are not attracted to sports that much, and may be bi-sexual, but there are not that many. There's quite a few "openly gay " women's tennis players, and I won't name them here-- but there's quite a lot of them. You can sort of tell by looking at them, and the way they act. Samantha Stosur is one that is openly gay, for women's tennis players, and there are many others.

The women are "more open" about this kind of thing, because it's more acceptable, but I cannot see this happening with the men in sports. ( maybe the odd one ?? but I sort of doubt it)

I don't see much changing at all regarding the men in sports - "just not acceptable." to the masses.

Yikes. An amazing lack of understanding of human biology and the hormone system in this post.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yikes. An amazing lack of understanding of human biology and the hormone system in this post.

What I've posted is basically "all factual" insofar as what the years of life experience has taught me. If you think something I stated is wrong-- just let me know, and make your case. There probably is, or has been a few gay men in the NHL, but I doubt you'll see them coming out of the closet.

My post was not judgemental, but just my observation of the facts - "they way it is."

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
What I've posted is basically "all factual" insofar as what the years of life experience has taught me. If you think something I stated is wrong-- just let me know, and make your case. There probably is, or has been a few gay men in the NHL, but I doubt you'll see them coming out of the closet.

My post was not judgemental, but just my observation of the facts - "they way it is."

Any evidence you have supporting your proposition that testosterone level directly relates to homosexuality rates in men and women, would be super useful :)

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

What I've posted is basically "all factual" insofar as what the years of life experience has taught me. If you think something I stated is wrong-- just let me know, and make your case.

So are you a scientist who researches the hormones and their effects in your day job? Or do you go about collecting samples from men of different sexualities to determine what their "testosterone" levels and how they correlate to their sexuality? If so I would love to read your "all factual" evidence. Heck, you would get published in scientific journals and become an overnight celebrity. ;) In anycase a quick google search before making that post would have saved you from making that preposterous claim.

Unless you are sitting on earth shattering evidence, what you are saying sounds like classic "bro-science" to me.

Edit: Back on topic. It's great that TNSE is doing this. It can only have a positive impact. I have no problems with it even if it is motivated by making money. Capitalism and the free market has brought more equality, justice and improved the lives of billions of people around the world than many would like to admit. It doesn't matter to me what TNSE's or NHL's motivation is as long as they are doing something good. The cynicism by some is unwarranted.

Last edited:
Reactions: HannuJ

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Any evidence you have supporting your proposition that testosterone level directly relates to homosexuality rates in men and women, would be super useful :)

Sorry, I don't have any scientific evidence of this, but I believe it's right, just on my everyday observations.

When you see a "very effeminate" man, with a high pitched voice, who has female mannerisms, there is a good chance he will be gay.( very good) On the other hand, the more "male types" it's hard to tell, and I'd guess their testosterone levels would be more similar to the average male. I have dealt with a lot of them in my business, and I always pick up on this right away--just a sense. I don't judge them--just deal with them.

Take a look at these male dancers and ballet men -- I'd bet a lot of them are gay. Most men are just not attracted to those types of things. -- "just one example"

In summary -- I have "no scientific" evidence, but I would think I'm quite correct, and there always is exceptions to the case, as it's a complex issue.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I feel like if this thread was a car it was driving at 30 miles per hour on a country road......slowly we entered the highway and took it up to 60 MPH’s.......now we are up to about 90 MPH passing some danger signs of winding roads ahead.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
So are you a scientist who researches the hormones and their effects in your day job? Or do you go about collecting samples from men of different sexualities to determine what their "testosterone" levels and how they correlate to their sexuality? If so I would love to read your "all factual" evidence. Heck, you would get published in scientific journals and become an overnight celebrity. ;) In anycase a quick google search before making that post would have saved you from making that preposterous claim.

Unless you are sitting on earth shattering evidence, what you are saying sounds like classic "bro-science" to me.

Edit: Back on topic. It's great that TNSE is doing this. It can only have a positive impact. I have no problems with it even if it is motivated by making money. Capitalism and the free market has brought more equality, justice and improved the lives of billions of people around the world than many would like to admit. It doesn't matter to me what TNSE's or NHL's motivation is as long as they are doing something good. The cynicism by some is unwarranted.

As I said in my last post -- I have "no scientific" evidence of this, as it's just my opinion. I make no judgements about people in the Gay community, and treat everybody the same. I can always tell a gay man when I see one, but I cannot say the same for females that are gay. ( very hard to tell)

I'm not asking you to accept my opinions as fact, as they are just my opinions, but you have to admit, they have a lot of truth to them.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
General life advice GNP, believing something because it "feels right" to you without any proof is opening yourself up for embarrassment/awkwardness at best and creating danger for yourself and those around you at worst. For instance, not long ago many used to believe that epilepsy was caused demonic possession because it "felt right" to them.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
General life advice GNP, believing something because it "feels right" to you without any proof is opening yourself up for embarrassment/awkwardness at best and creating danger for yourself and those around you at worst. For instance, not long ago many used to believe that epilepsy was caused demonic possession because it "felt right" to them.

I'll let you have the last word Jet's Fan, as I've stated my thoughts. I will say that a lot of people would agree with what I've said, and some will not.

With this being said, I treat everybody with respect, and don't judge them, whatever their orientation may be -- "and justice for all." ;)

Note-- I probably shouldn't have commented on this sensitive issue !!! :cool:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I feel like if this thread was a car it was driving at 30 miles per hour on a country road......slowly we entered the highway and took it up to 60 MPH’s.......now we are up to about 90 MPH passing some danger signs of winding roads ahead.
And asking Jesus to take the wheel would just be more gasoline into the flames.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Heck, in this day and age, even if you DO have scientific evidence for a contentious subject, you're opening yourself up for a world of hurt :P

And asking Jesus to take the wheel would just be more gasoline into the flames.

I was going to mention how I could all but hear the horn blaring "Dixie" as we take to the air, but wanted to let someone else jump in the way of that bullet for me :P

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I was going to mention how I could all but hear the horn blaring "Dixie" as we take to the air, but wanted to let someone else jump in the way of that bullet for me :P

I have taken your sins to carry, my son.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There's some joke about a stuffed animal called "Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear" that I can't quite shoe-horn in, so I'll just leave it at that.
Apparently there's some Lainie guy suspected of being a shooter, so there's some potential in any case.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Conversation and human social interaction is a far more complicated issue than your sententious morality would suggest. And I guarantee you that you've passed at least once on an opportunity to upbraid someone for insulting someone using language "hateful towards a person based on their sexual orientation, skin colour or religion". There's simply no way the human psyche could handle being so constantly outraged. Social media would eat you alive in a day.
well, i admit that your ridiculous post does somewhat outrage me.
you know that humans aren't binary? it's not off or on.
sure, your guarantee is correct. is it about batting 1.000 or is it about batting 0.000? i hope i err on the side of speaking up more than being cowardly and letting things slide.
is it about the "upbraid"? no. sometimes it's about a conversation correcting what someone says or dismissing what they say. it's not always about shoving someone's nose in a pile a doodoo to show how dumb they are.
does this perceived failure of human spirit somewhat satisfy you? i pretty much fail to see the point you're making. it's not about everyone being godlike. it's about people trying to make an effort to make their lives and the lives of others better on a more frequent basis and not to be passive all the time or make the world a worse place.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Incorrect. As much as I don't agree with the views you've expressed, you should feel comfortable in expressing them. I have a much bigger problem with the people who feel that certain views should never be given a public forum, and do whatever they can to prevent that from happening. Even sadder is that these people are often associated with institutions of higher learning. This is a dangerous direction to head down, and anyone that supports free speech should be outraged by this.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
As I said in my last post -- I have "no scientific" evidence of this, as it's just my opinion. I make no judgements about people in the Gay community, and treat everybody the same. I can always tell a gay man when I see one, but I cannot say the same for females that are gay. ( very hard to tell)
I'm not asking you to accept my opinions as fact, as they are just my opinions, but you have to admit, they have a lot of truth to them.
you're literally talking about stereotypes. and sure, some people may "look" gay. but...if they are gay, why do you care? why are you busy trying to establish which females are straight or gay? it's just an odd obsession to have.

by the way, you state that you make no judgments about gay people but then literally make judgments about them with your next sentence. so there's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad