OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Twisted Metal : Despite the raw action scene, free violence and everything in between, this one was fun and esay to watch as all episodes are about 25 minutes. Mackie and Beatriz worked very well together and Samoa Joe as Sweet tooth is perfect. No down time for sure. Thought this one would suck and I wsa pleaseantly surprise, 8.9 / 10

Painkiller : The subject isn't new, the acting is okay at best but as something that affected so many lives, the series felt botched and and not go deep enough on the subject. It's the same storie as the series Dopesick and it sucks comparing to Dopesick so it's 5.5/10

The Bear season 2: Empty and full at the same time. Loved it as the 1st season. A welcome change of pace compared to the typical shows out there these days. Acting is simply a step ahead of most series out there 9.1/10

Netflix actually released a documentary on opiods called "the pharmacist" back a few years ago, which follows a pharmacist who lost his son who then gets obsessed to first find his killer, and then to shut down a pill mill while constantly getting his nose into the DEA, fbi, and local authorities business.

He literally tape recorded his life in those days, and we get to hear it all.

I thought it was more gripping than painkiller, even though painkiller was the dramatized version of the epidemic.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yes, because you know this for certain.
Hey I've been a Tom Cruise guy for years and years and years.. I truly loved him, when it comes to film, and particularly action film, one of the greatest to ever do it, and a lot of special pop corn flicks to show for it.
I'll always defend his 'film work'

But for the part that covers him exclusively in that Scientology docu 'Going Clear' ... it's.. not great.

If people wanna slam Tom for all that shit and that f***ing monstrosity of an organization that should be wiped off the face of the earth, by all means , you can slam him and them.

Just don't slam Top Gun Maverick lol

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Cruise was definitely wacky at one point but a lot of the Scientology stuff kinda died down since. As for being a POS on set, if people are referring to his tirade while filming the most recent MI, while it was extreme, I did agree with his message he was trying to convey.

Anyhow, I got no skin in the game and don’t know him. However, a quick google on his behaviour on set does mention his rant, but there are many articles about how nice he is as well. Which is it? Probably a little of both but it’s obvious he’s ultra passionate about his craft.

Maybe he’s abusive, plays mind games and torments his co-stars and staff, but to be honest, there’s no evidence of that. At least based on what I see as a fan, he’s passionate and expects high standards from those around him but he holds himself to the same standards. Does he yell and scream? Sure, but he’s also putting in the time, effort and all of himself into the project as well.
I was talking about Michael Jackson. Has Tom Cruise been accused of being a pedo too?

Hey I've been a Tom Cruise guy for years and years and years.. I truly loved him, when it comes to film, and particularly action film, one of the greatest to ever do it, and a lot of special pop corn flicks to show for it.

But for the part that covers him exclusively in that Scientology docu 'Going Clear' ... it's.. not great.

If people wanna slam Tom for all that shit and that f***ing monstrosity of an organization that should be wiped off the face of the earth, by all means , you can slam him and them.

Lolol, somehow these conversations got mixed. I never mentioned Cruise. I was talking about Michael Jackson and then was quoted as supporting a pedo. Somehow these 2 conversations collided. I don’t have any opinion on Tom Cruise other than to say I enjoy some of his work.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Cruise was definitely wacky at one point but a lot of the Scientology stuff kinda died down since. As for being a POS on set, if people are referring to his tirade while filming the most recent MI, while it was extreme, I did agree with his message he was trying to convey.

Anyhow, I got no skin in the game and don’t know him. However, a quick google on his behaviour on set does mention his rant, but there are many articles about how nice he is as well. Which is it? Probably a little of both but it’s obvious he’s ultra passionate about his craft.

Maybe he’s abusive, plays mind games and torments his co-stars and staff, but to be honest, there’s no evidence of that. At least based on what I see as a fan, he’s passionate and expects high standards from those around him but he holds himself to the same standards. Does he yell and scream? Sure, but he’s also putting in the time, effort and all of himself into the project as well.

The scientology stuff has not "died down" and he doesn't need to declare his allegiance at every opportunity because his involvement at the highest level of this organization is well known.

The only thing that will persuade this narcissistic sociopath to turn on his criminal business partners is for people to boycott his films. I am just praying that Tarantino never hires this bag of d**ks as that would be a nightmare scenario for me lol. Tarantino apparently considered him in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood but thankfully asked Pitt instead. However, If Tarantino casts Cruise in an Inglorious Bastards type scenario where Scientologists replace the Nazi's and Tom plays himself and is brought to a terrible demise ala Hitler, Himmler etc in the movie theater inferno........I could get behind that lol.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
The scientology stuff has not "died down" and he doesn't need to declare his allegiance at every opportunity because his involvement at the highest level of this organization is well known.

The only thing that will persuade this narcissistic sociopath to turn on his criminal business partners is for people to boycott his films. I am just praying that Tarantino never hires this bag of d**ks as that would be a nightmare scenario for me lol. Tarantino apparently considered him in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood but thankfully asked Pitt instead. However, If Tarantino casts Cruise in an Inglorious Bastards type scenario where Scientologists replace the Nazi's and Tom plays himself and is brought to a terrible demise ala Hitler, Himmler etc in the movie theater inferno........I could get behind that lol.
I thought I saw that Tarantino is making only ONE last film and then he's done with the industry.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

You had me till Top Gun Maverick. I thought it was a steaming pile of diarrhea, so I'll slam it even if it offends your feelings.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Finished Hijack last night. Thought it was a pretty good series, though felt the last second surprise in the penultimate episode was a little hokey.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Weinstein is out of Hollywood so Tom takes over. He is the face of scientology PR and he loves it. It is for all intents and purposes a criminal organization being protected by idiotic American Laws and should be brought up on racketeering charges. He is fully committed and dedicated to keeping the veil pulled over the public's eyes as much as he possibly can. There are plenty of accounts of him being a p.o.s to work with as well

Cruise is complicit in enabling and promoting slavery, psychological abuse, extortion, blackmail, child abuse, fraud, criminal harassment and in some cases actual physical violence etc, etc.......I couldn't watch him act in any film/show even if I was forced to because I would only see the self centered pile of sociopathic garbage that he is and not the role that he is portraying.

I am certainly not a cancel culture guy but if/when this organization is brought to justice I hope he goes down with the ship and his entire career is forever stained.

He distanced himself from Scientology ever since their leader, David Miscarriage, oops sorry, I mean, David Miscavige has been on the run from the law. Supposedly, his wife hasn't been seen since like 2012 and everyone thinks he offed her. That's just the cherry on top of a slew of indictments he'll be facing once they nab him.

Cruise would be (well, he might be already) crazy to take over the organization. I guess if he does, it'll just show how much of a sociopath he is.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I was talking about Michael Jackson. Has Tom Cruise been accused of being a pedo too?

Lolol, somehow these conversations got mixed. I never mentioned Cruise. I was talking about Michael Jackson and then was quoted as supporting a pedo. Somehow these 2 conversations collided. I don’t have any opinion on Tom Cruise other than to say I enjoy some of his work.

Sorry, I thought you meant Cruise, but my points about him stand.

As for MJ, well, he was acquitted and I believe settled out of court for another case, but there’s still not enough for me anyways to say without a doubt that he was a pedo. Unless there is some damning evidence that’s new and says otherwise, I‘ll remain a little skeptical but I do feel MJ didn’t do anything wrong.

Before anyone gets outraged and calls me a pedo supporter… I’m not. FWIW, I don’t for a second think that of you either @BehindTheTimes. Some people go a little too far at times.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You had me till Top Gun Maverick. I thought it was a steaming pile of diarrhea, so I'll slam it even if it offends your feelings.

I thought it was great, a wonderful escape from the typical garbage out there. Sometimes I just want to suspend disbelief and have fun for a couple hours, Maverick did this. Even though it was a retelling of the original, the jet scenes were over the top, etc etc.. it was fun when I needed it

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Damn the Meg 2 was....something, I guess. I expected giant sharks but we mainly see them towards the end, I shit you not. All the things they did to save money on the CGI you would not believe. And the CGI is not great. I would take the rubber shark from 1975 any day. I mean what we see is entertaining but it's mostly human action. I should have known when the movie started that Statham instead of playing Jonas the character went full Statham beating a bunch of guys. This is one is very much a Statham movie and there's another just like him but he's Asian. I expected stupidity but I got another sort of stupidity.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Damn the Meg 2 was....something, I guess. I expected giant sharks but we mainly see them towards the end, I shit you not. All the things they did to save money on the CGI you would not believe. And the CGI is not great. I would take the rubber shark from 1975 any day. I mean what we see is entertaining but it's mostly human action. I should have known when the movie started that Statham instead of playing Jonas the character went full Statham beating a bunch of guys. This is one is very much a Statham movie and there's another just like him but he's Asian. I expected stupidity but I got another sort of stupidity.
Can't wait for the next movie in the series. Apparently the title of the movie leaked. It will be called : Statham 3: The meg can't swim fast enough.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Sorry, I thought you meant Cruise, but my points about him stand.

As for MJ, well, he was acquitted and I believe settled out of court for another case, but there’s still not enough for me anyways to say without a doubt that he was a pedo. Unless there is some damning evidence that’s new and says otherwise, I‘ll remain a little skeptical but I do feel MJ didn’t do anything wrong.

Before anyone gets outraged and calls me a pedo supporter… I’m not. FWIW, I don’t for a second think that of you either @BehindTheTimes. Some people go a little too far at times.
Was weird how the multi quote ended up. I can see how you thought I was responding to the Tom Cruise piece.

I don’t know if Michael did anything or not, but if I was a billionaire being accused of something that could completely ruin my life forever or I could pay a few million bucks to make it go away and not risk jail time, I think, I think long and hard about that and I don’t consider that an admission of guilt.

Reactions: sandviper

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I thought I saw that Tarantino is making only ONE last film and then he's done with the industry.
You in Singapore? we passed through a while back,what's the deal with the otters? Cute buggers,you don't eat them there do you?

Actually, you're missing quite a lot. American jingoistic propaganda, cardboard thin characters with even thinner relationships, sophomoric dialogue, and an action sequence lifted directly out of the first Star Wars.
So all the grooming and conditioning that goes on doesn't only apply to terrorists and NFL fans then eh? lol.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You in Singapore? we passed through a while back,what's the deal with the otters? Cute buggers,you don't eat them there do you?

So all the grooming and conditioning that goes on doesn't only apply to terrorists and NFL fans then eh? lol.
I wouldn't know. I'm neither a terrorist nor a NFL fan.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Not going to lie… I’m a little concerned and disappointed with the review. I expected it to be stupid but I was sorta looking forward to just some dumb shark mayhem. Guess not as much as I’m going to hope.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not going to lie… I’m a little concerned and disappointed with the review. I expected it to be stupid but I was sorta looking forward to just some dumb shark mayhem. Guess not as much as I’m going to hope.

Yea but if you're going with low expectations you might be happily surprised contrary of me.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore

Ya and they have basically become national treasures here. But the truth is that they are a bit of a pest problem. Anyone who owned those Japanese style fish ponds now just own Japanese style ponds.

And no, no one eats them (it's illegal to touch them, even more so to kill them). Not as far as I'm concerned. But I wouldn't put it past the PCR folks of doing it. They secretly also catch the wild chickens.

Reactions: rik schau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad