OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Blue Beetle in Imax with my son today.

For a DC movie I have to say they did a good job, it is no black panther but again, for a dc movie it is good. If flash was a disapointment I think this movie is a step up.

That being said , even if pg13 it feel like a super hero family movie. CGI is great, battles are good, acting if pretty good, lots of funny scenes and references for adults. Lots of easter egs as well.

Stay for the mid credit.

I gave flash a 5 on my super hero movie scale so I will give this one a 6.5 (solid for a dc movie)

I think they have something good here, just hope they don't f it up with a cross movie.

They also used one of my favorite song in a battle scene, pretty epic

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
So I watched the first two episodes of Ahsoka. I do think if you’ve watched Rebels, you’d be pretty happy in general. I especially geeked out when Chopper and Hera were arguing during a pursuit.

The show itself so far is just ok for me. At least we’ve gotten two lightsaber duels so far which was like all Obi-Wan had all season! One thing I will give this series some credit for so far is it looks like they are doing some real world building instead of just rehashing every Star Wars trope we generally get.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Ya and they have basically become national treasures here. But the truth is that they are a bit of a pest problem. Anyone who owned those Japanese style fish ponds now just own Japanese style ponds.

And no, no one eats them (it's illegal to touch them, even more so to kill them). Not as far as I'm concerned. But I wouldn't put it past the PCR folks of doing it. They secretly also catch the wild chickens.
You mean coy ponds? talk about easy pickens for them,the human equivalent of hunting cows.lol

I wouldn't know. I'm neither a terrorist nor a NFL fan.
Good on ya! not a fan of sheep anyways.lol

Reactions: Runner77

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There's a lot of depth to Star Wars -- up to the time it was purchased by Disney. Most of what's come since has been quite poor, and I look forward to new management.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I've been watching Winning Time, on Max, about the 1980s Lakers Dynasty.

I wonder if they could make such a compelling show about Geoff Molson?

• Haha

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
From what I understand it's because he's actually extracting value from the EU. Ashoka, for example, is an EU character. I might watch that.

He is though Ahsoka is a little complicated as she existed in both canon and legends. Her current character is derived from canon material.

The final season of the Clone Wars is must watch IMO. Her duel with Darth Maul and surviving Order 66 was freaking epic stuff. Also, her squash job of the Sixth Brother was badass.

To be honest, I’m still lukewarm on her in live action.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad