OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
upload_2021-6-14_15-15-32.jpegGonna have to see this again as I had my own version of it earlier. Had a perfect tee shot down the middle of a long par 5 and getting closer to play our next shots,a jackal came from a bunker and started playing with my ball and then took off running away with it still in its mouth. After that the rest of the round was tainted as no one really knew what rule to apply:confused:Been seeing more and more of them lately,good sign none the less.:thumbu:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Am I the only maniac left still buying DVDs (or blu-rays)? I can't explain it, but I sense something wrong when I don't possess a physical copy of whatever I buy.

Granted, I got rid of a bunch of DVDs I never watch that are a dime a dozen, mostly post-2005 stuff, but I've been collecting rarer series/movies while keeping my classics.

I just bought the entire Columbo series on DVD. Hey, I have them all on my computer too, and most likely if I wanna watch it, I'll watch it on my PC. Despite this, it feels good to have them on the shelf. Go figure.

Reactions: angusyoung

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm at Season 3 of Castlevania and man it's hard to go through, it advances at a glacial paste. In Season 1 it was "holly crap, only 3 episodes, why, it's so good!". Now it's "God it's torture, nothing is going on, when is this going to end?".

BTW, I don't know how the original series was but this one really hit you over the head about the Evils of Christianity. We get it already Ellis! lol There's a guy that went to Hell because he is not Chistian and he was a thinker and that is pretty stupid. It would go against all laws of the Christianity or physics. In the scheme of things, you actually have to have commited Evill things to go to Hell.

But as a whole the show suffered a lot in my opinion by *spoilers*

The Death of Dracula. I was wondering what it lacked the other day and that's that. Nothing wrong with the other characters and Belmont is cool but it's a show about Dracula, he was so fascinating to watch. There's a limit about doing a show where the characters live in the shadow of a character who is not there anymore.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm at Season 3 of Castlevania and man it's hard to go through, it advances at a glacial paste. In Season 1 it was "holly crap, only 3 episodes, why, it's so good!". Now it's "God it's torture, nothing is going on, when is this going to end?".

BTW, I don't know how the original series was but this one really hit you over the head about the Evils of Christianity. We get it already Ellis! lol There's a guy that went to Hell because he is not Chistian and he was a thinker and that is pretty stupid. It would go against all laws of the Christianity or physics. In the scheme of things, you actually have to have commited Evill things to go to Hell.

But as a whole the show suffered a lot in my opinion by *spoilers*

The Death of Dracula. I was wondering what it lacked the other day and that's that. Nothing wrong with the other characters and Belmont is cool but it's a show about Dracula, he was so fascinating to watch. There's a limit about doing a show where the characters live in the shadow of a character who is not there anymore.

I agree about Season 3, feels like they were just making episodes for the sake of having more episodes at all because the first 2 seasons were such an unexpected hit they didnt know how to continue, Season 4 is going much better, and they are clearly leading up to the return of a certain someone you mentioned lol

Reactions: Kimota

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So this is happening:

Brilliant trolling. I'm sure the outrage will be strong, which is exactly what they want. They don't even have to try anymore, people just keep falling into the same trap over and over again. I'm sure even the trolls themselves are in disbelief and a bit disturbed by their automatic and continued success.

Reactions: calder candidate

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I agree about Season 3, feels like they were just making episodes for the sake of having more episodes at all because the first 2 seasons were such an unexpected hit they didnt know how to continue, Season 4 is going much better, and they are clearly leading up to the return of a certain someone you mentioned lol

Yes! :vampire:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
So I follow Wild Earth which is a YouTube show daily where safari guides drive around and you get close to some animals. I following the Northern Avoca males (3 that control 2 prides) and they have 2 older brothers that are the Southern Avocas. Then I followed the Othawa male, he and his sister were the only surviving cubs when a new coalition of males took over his pride. They kill the cubs and drive away (or kill) subadults. They were raised by an "aunt" and the Othawa male's future didn't look very bright but somehow he managed to survive until he became one of the most beautiful lions, if anyone would do a tourist brochure he could be the lion. He took over the Mangheni pride and did not kill the cubs, instead he accepted them which is very rare. 4 weeks ago I saw him live on the evening filming. Then he followed a female and apparently he was attacked by 2 males and was killed. Somebody did this little video. Well, now my other daily live show started yesterday, the brown bears of katmai Alaska.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So I follow Wild Earth which is a YouTube show daily where safari guides drive around and you get close to some animals. I following the Northern Avoca males (3 that control 2 prides) and they have 2 older brothers that are the Southern Avocas. Then I followed the Othawa male, he and his sister were the only surviving cubs when a new coalition of males took over his pride. They kill the cubs and drive away (or kill) subadults. They were raised by an "aunt" and the Othawa male's future didn't look very bright but somehow he managed to survive until he became one of the most beautiful lions, if anyone would do a tourist brochure he could be the lion. He took over the Mangheni pride and did not kill the cubs, instead he accepted them which is very rare. 4 weeks ago I saw him live on the evening filming. Then he followed a female and apparently he was attacked by 2 males and was killed. Somebody did this little video. Well, now my other daily live show started yesterday, the brown bears of katmai Alaska.

Over the last few years there has been some very fascinating footage of animals being followed for lengthy periods and it really shows some insight to their individual personalities. As much as it's great to see them in the wild, one would never be able to see and appreciate them in this unique way. As much as it's thrilling and exciting to spend time overlooking a water hole during dry season and the interaction of the beasts, will never get the same insight as to what these shows bring.
Helpful hint, if ever staying at observation lookouts and sleeping nearby or outside,bring earplugs!:nod:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Black Hawk Down is really the best movie ever. In all History of filmmaking, never such a thing has been achieved.

I mean, 45 minutes in or so, you have Orlando Bloom dying (or being severely incapacitated, same thing). And in a very ridiculous scenario, as he's just falling off a chopper. There's even one of his fellas asking 'how did that happen?'

There's nothing like seeing Orlando fail hard.

And the good thing is, you're sure he's not showing up for the rest of the movie! There's nothing that I hate more than looking at a movie with the constant threat of Orlando showing up somehow.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Black Hawk Down is really the best movie ever. In all History of filmmaking, never such a thing has been achieved.

I mean, 45 minutes in or so, you have Orlando Bloom dying (or being severely incapacitated, same thing). And in a very ridiculous scenario, as he's just falling off a chopper. There's even one of his fellas asking 'how did that happen?'

And the good thing is, you're sure he's not showing up for the rest of the movie! There's nothing that I hate more than looking at a movie with the constant threat of Orlando showing up somehow.

You like living in the past, really..

I haven't seen mr bloom in a movie in ages

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Ant-man villain

He often plays narcissistic/sociopathic jerks

If this is directed towards me,still have no clue what you're talking about. Looked up his creds and no ant man film or whatever. Any move he has done that I've seen,still no recollection of him or the films,must be unmemorable for a reason.

The Mr. Jones film is based on a true story,so they can only stretch a character so far.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
If this is directed towards me,still have no clue what you're talking about. Looked up his creds and no ant man film or whatever. Any move he has done that I've seen,still no recollection of him or the films,must be unmemorable for a reason.

The Mr. Jones film is based on a true story,so they can only stretch a character so far.

Directed at you?? :huh:

Yeah, I got him mixed up with his clone, Corey Stoll.

Anyway, Sarsgaard played the villain in Green Lanthern.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Directed at you?? :huh:

Yeah, I got him mixed up with his clone, Corey Stoll.

Anyway, Sarsgaard played the villain in Green Lanthern.

Yup! thought you were addressing movies with Sarsgaard in them.
Have no idea who Corey Stoll is either and that Green lantern movie from what I remember sucked.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I disagree. Saving Private Ryan is the best movie ever. In all History of filmmaking, I have found a greater thing ever achieved.

About halfway through the film, you have Vin Diesel dying. Simply the greatest moment in film.

In all seriousness, Bloom played a real person, Todd Blackburn, and those events (the 90’ fall) actually happened. While fast roping, Blackburn lost his grip and fell. He was unconscious and was airlifted out of there. Only mentioning this as wasn’t a fictional person and thankfully he survived, unlike a lot of soldiers on both sides that day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad