Pre-Game Talk: Let's Speculate on 15 Wins

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't mind someone pointing out that there have soft opponents on the streak. These soft teams beat all kinds of teams too. It's still a very impressive streak.
A Steve douche dangle producer. Why do we care what a Leaf’s homer is crying about?
Well at least it means he is indirectly bashing the Leafs.

"The Oilers aren't so impressive! They beat the shitty Leafs!"

Reactions: RegDunlop

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I don't mind someone pointing out that there have soft opponents on the streak. These soft teams beat all kinds of teams too. It's still a very impressive streak.
Well at least it means he is indirectly bashing the Leafs.

"The Oilers aren't so impressive! They beat the shitty Leafs!"
I think he's an avs fan

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don’t get your point with this tbh.
That its easy to flip the switch against an AHL club, completely dominate, and win the game convincingly playing only one period. A strong breeze blows the Blue Jackets over in 3rd periods. Worst 3rd period club in the league. Oilers got the scouting report on that, lol

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Me imagining what the leafs reeling looks like...

office.gif

Reactions: TB12 and BlackDogg

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Doesn't matter where the teams are in the standings though because with the parity of the league anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Guaranteed you could give every team this exact same type of schedule and there's probably very little chance anyone rattles off 14 in a row. People need to give EDM their flowers.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Doesn't matter where the teams are in the standings though because with the parity of the league anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Guaranteed you could every team this exact same type of schedule and there's probably very little chance anyone rattles off 14 in a row. People need to give EDM their flowers.
Just like the top team, the Canucks. Their last losses were to the Devils, Sharks, Leafs (reeling), Knights, Colorado, Seattle, Calgary, Devils, Minnesota, Philly, Dallas, Blues, Columbus

It's really really random.

Reactions: Biltmore

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
How’s the ‘scenery’ tonite?? :D

Is this your first Oiler game in person?
Very good!
I think Knoblauch was here too. They said coach was and he looked just like it. Crazy. Ate a couple tables beside us

I went to one in Vancouver. Never in Edmonton!

LA fell apart precisely the moment the Islanders came back to win a game after being down 2 goals. The Kings including that game were losing more than winning since that game, which only continued after the Oilers game. The only clubs Kings were able to beat after the Islanders game was Sharks twice, Kraken once, and Flames once. Against any good club Kings are losing. Just what it is.

What the hell is in your drink? ;) If there was a bandaid in there too I would be nervous.
Lmao. Hahahahaha. It was an old fashion. Wasn’t bad!!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Some weird cherry picked stats there. Mentioning LA is 2-8 in their last 10 despite us playing them 12 games ago. Look at their record when we played them. Mentioning that Seattle is on a 4 game losing streak despite them being 8-2 in their last 10 when we played them. Mentioning Quick being in net like that is an advantage for us when he is statistically better than Shesterkin this season.
Funny how context can sometimes turn things upside down. No?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
But he will be part of a highlight reel save. That is almost a given.
He's making goalies look good most of the time. The save the goalie made against him a couple games ago on the 2 on 1 should have been the easiest goal he's ever scored. Instead he completely missed the 3 feet of open net and fired across into the goalies glove. I predict that when he does eventually score (can a forward playing regularly go an entire season without scoring?), it will be greasy, bouncing off a body part or something like that. I'm not sure I'd trust him even if he was going on in alone on an empty net breakaway, a la Patrick Stefan.

Chicago can ice 2 players with over 20 points and one with more than 10 goals.

Sad that their Connor is injured.
Yup, Murphy is a big piece.;)

• Haha
Reactions: Gordian Knot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad