Pre-Game Talk: Let's Speculate on 15 Wins

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

You can only play the team in front of you. Never mind that during this season the Oilers lost to the worst team in the NHL (San Jose) and also beat the best team in the NHL (Winnipeg).

14 wins is 14 wins. I've seen this team drop some very winnable games over the years. Trying to quantify this is garbage clickbait.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I'm convinced that Connor Brown will have an empty net shot that will go right in the middle of the net, only to deflect off an invisible force field at the goal line. Right after this he will take his gloves, helmet and stick and lay them down on the ice then head straight down the tunnel. Never to be seen again.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

Some weird cherry picked stats there. Mentioning LA is 2-8 in their last 10 despite us playing them 12 games ago. Look at their record when we played them. Mentioning that Seattle is on a 4 game losing streak despite them being 8-2 in their last 10 when we played them. Mentioning Quick being in net like that is an advantage for us when he is statistically better than Shesterkin this season.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The Blackhawks will probably play pretty much the identical game we saw from the Blue Jackets last night.

Feel like a broken record here, but we are fully and completely in control of if we win this game or not. Predicated purely on if we decide to show up and play hockey rather than what we did the last time out against them or Columbus and float around and turn the puck over most of the game.

Losing this game essentially means they chose to lose this game.
I don't know they play in Seattle today should be a tad tired

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Lol look at all the cute little excuses he added in there.
There is a reason I have this clown blocked on Twitter. Analysis is easy from 500 feet when you don't even watch the games being played

I'm convinced that Connor Brown will have an empty net shot that will go right in the middle of the net, only to deflect off an invisible force field at the goal line. Right after this he will take his gloves, helmet and stick and lay them down on the ice then head straight down the tunnel. Never to be seen again.
Connor Brown will score 7 goals in the run to the cup ;)

Reactions: BlackDogg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I get it, but at the same time why the hell aren't other teams coming up with massive win streaks?

Maybe we had a bit easier schedule than some, but other teams have had some lay ups as well and I don't see them putting up 7 or 8 game winning streaks let alone 14.

I'm also waiting to hear that if we ever hit the record or beat it that it doesn't count as Pittsburgh didn't have OT or SO rules

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I seen that idiots tweet lol. I don't even remember who we beat in the 8 game streak that should have been a 9 gamer after Tampa. I wonder what he said about that one

Imagine being so bitter after winning a cup lol

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I get it, but at the same time why the hell aren't other teams coming up with massive win streaks?

Maybe we had a bit easier schedule than some, but other teams have had some lay ups as well and I don't see them putting up 7 or 8 game winning streaks let alone 14.

I'm also waiting to hear that if we ever hit the record or beat it that it doesn't count as Pittsburgh didn't have OT or SO rules

On this streak the Oilers have beat the Devils, Rangers, Kings, Leafs, Kraken, Flyers, and Red Wings. All of these teams are generally considered to be at least "good" by most people. This was after beating the Hurricanes, Devils, Jets, Golden Knights and Capitals in the previous 8 game streak.

I'm not really sure what the expectation is supposed to be here. Short of playing the Nucks, Stars and Avalanche in there somewhere I'm not sure how much harder it is supposed to be to make the streak(s) acceptable. The 23-3 run we are on is now stretching over two calendar months. Over that amount of time everything tends to average out as far as quality of competition goes, which has pretty clearly happened here for anyone not dumb.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Some weird cherry picked stats there. Mentioning LA is 2-8 in their last 10 despite us playing them 12 games ago. Look at their record when we played them. Mentioning that Seattle is on a 4 game losing streak despite them being 8-2 in their last 10 when we played them. Mentioning Quick being in net like that is an advantage for us when he is statistically better than Shesterkin this season.

Didn't LA fall apart precisely after we beat them, think that loss rattled them hard. Prior to that they had won 4 of 6 games I believe.

This stuff is dumb anyway, I don't even give a crap about the streak, more I would point to since Nov. 10th, which is 2 1/2 freaking months ago now, the Oilers have I believe the no.1 record in the league.

For a season that's not even 4 months old, that means they've been the top team in the league for more than half of it.

Reactions: stewy04 and TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

It's the best part.

A team listed there that you can't get away with calling shitty? Better qualify it to explain why they were really shitty on that particular night exclusively.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I seen that idiots tweet lol. I don't even remember who we beat in the 8 game streak that should have been a 9 gamer after Tampa. I wonder what he said about that one

Imagine being so bitter after winning a cup lol
Drew Living stoned

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Made it to Edmonton folks

Cactus club by the west ed mall currently for supper

1706148562766.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Didn't LA fall apart precisely after we beat them, think that loss rattled them hard. Prior to that they had won 4 of 6 games I believe.

This stuff is dumb anyway, I don't even give a crap about the streak, more I would point to since Nov. 10th, which is 2 1/2 freaking months ago now, the Oilers have I believe the no.1 record in the league.

For a season that's not even 4 months old, that means they've been the top team in the league for more than half of it.
LA fell apart precisely the moment the Islanders came back to win a game after being down 2 goals. The Kings including that game were losing more than winning since that game, which only continued after the Oilers game. The only clubs Kings were able to beat after the Islanders game was Sharks twice, Kraken once, and Flames once. Against any good club Kings are losing. Just what it is.

Made it to Edmonton folks

Cactus club by the west ed mall currently for supper

View attachment 809777
What the hell is in your drink? ;) If there was a bandaid in there too I would be nervous.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad