Let's say we start TANKING, do you...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If you've ever played hockey you know it's not. I don't think there's a sport on earth where the mental side of the game is as important as hockey. When you fell like your goalie is impenetrable, it builds confidence and you start taking time to go for effective plays instead of mass shooting. It's partially why our Corsi was so low and our PDO was so high in 2014-2015.
Price being in nets explains our Corsi being low in 2015? That doesn't make any sense.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
U.s. handmade treasure. Nothing quite like it around, piece of art.

I'm curious to see it. I love my Japanese knife. They're produced hand made like Samurai swords. I think mine was around $350. They're harder to sharpen because of the angle of the original grinding. A lot of those knives are left or right handed.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm curious to see it. I love my Japanese knife. They're produced hand made like Samurai swords. I think mine was around $350. They're harder to sharpen because of the angle of the original grinding. A lot of those knives are left or right handed.
Yes, I own two Japanese gyuoto, one Shun and another authentic japanese gyuto which the brand slips my mind.

Aura chef is the make of the US made ones. Beautiful knives.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yes, I own two Japanese gyuoto, one Shun and another authentic japanese gyuto which the brand slips my mind.

I have some butter knives...
I usually only have these ones out in open view when the Habs are playing.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
a) Price won't be at his best when he comes back due to rust.
b) Obvious flaws with the team such as the lack of offense and the left side being weak on defense. Team can't score at all and trading away picks for a short fix while Price isn't at his best is pointless. Might as well throw away this season and prepare for next year instead. As I've pointed out in this thread after the OP, maybe a retool is the proper term here rather than tank. Our window is now until 2018. This doesn't change a whole much considering that getting a Vrbata won't turn us into a legit threat for the Cup.

It doesn't take that long to shake off the rust, a couple weeks at most. Price will be back and will have shaken off the rust well before the playoffs start. The question is whether we will still be in the playoff race by the time he comes back.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I don't see how a team goes into a season thinking they are a contender ends up tanking and the coach keeps his job. Injuries or not it's just unacceptable, and honestly we've lost 1 guy, we should be able to handle one star player being injured without becoming completely inept.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
(mod) At least we can count on a team that will surely face the adversity and rebound despite the ***** fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'll check them out. I'm a 30 year food professional. But almost all front end. I'm a talented kitchen amateur.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
At this point we are 13th in the league.
Seems we can wait to be 20th before tanking.
BTW Anaheim is now 20th, they still have a good chance to make the PO.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
The argument that goal scoring is down due to Price's injury is complete garbage.

hm no it's not complete garbage. Teams with the lead have lower shooting rates but end up with higher scoring rates. Doesn't explain everything but it's a part of it.

(per game basis)
with Price
shot attempts for: 48.36364
shot attempts against: 53.09091

without Price
for: 56.75
against: 46.15625

Last edited:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I think it should be obvious to everyone that we should tank. This team is not good enough to win the cup.

We lack scoring
we lack size
we lack leadership
we lack grit
our PP is brutal
we have a coach the doesn't have a game plan but to grind " Avec le village des schtroupfms"
Our D isn't good enough

All of this as been in front of our eyes for the last 2 months.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
Yup!! Should tank and get rid of the vets!!! This team needed a change 1- 2 years ago when could've got 1st +A prospect for Markov and pleks. Now lucky fet a 2nd
MB not noticing that top 6 and LD were major problems is so fing dumb!! So he drafts another RD when that position is full and locked for 8 years instead of making a trade. Had a good LD in tinordi but we know what happened.

Top of the league with great players available to trade for from a position if strength just to hold out cost the club. Johansen would have change this team enormously even if it ment trading Beaulieu. Cause then top 6 would be fixed for the most part and just worry about LD has the only problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad