OT: Let's Remember Some Guys

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
Here’s one, Normand Rochefort
I've gone back a re-watched a lot of the '94 Eastern Conference Playoffs and Brian Noonan played some really good hockey—espcially in the early rounds.
Rochefort was your typical "meh" defenseman that the Rangers were sprinkled with during that timeframe. They all blend to be the same person to me.....Rochefort, Mark Hardy, Joe Cirella, Milo Horava, Randy Moller.

Noonan: He had a terrific series vs the Islanders and Capitals. I believe he was at or very close to a point per game by the time the Caps series ended. While he still played a valuable role as a checker in the latter two rounds, his offense fell off a cliff.

Noonan was also a strong player with decent offensive numbers for us in 94-95. Matteau of course had that clutch factor going for him since the trade. Matteau had a terrific series vs the Devils, but was mostly offensively invisible for the other rounds in 94.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Rochefort was your typical "meh" defenseman that the Rangers were sprinkled with during that timeframe. They all blend to be the same person to me.....Rochefort, Mark Hardy, Joe Cirella, Milo Horava, Randy Moller.

Noonan: He had a terrific series vs the Islanders and Capitals. I believe he was at or very close to a point per game by the time the Caps series ended. While he still played a valuable role as a checker in the latter two rounds, his offense fell off a cliff.

Noonan was also a strong player with decent offensive numbers for us in 94-95. Matteau of course had that clutch factor going for him since the trade. Matteau had a terrific series vs the Devils, but was mostly offensively invisible for the other rounds in 94.
Don't forget Jay Wells as part of this group

Reactions: Unpredictable1

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Never understood how Jay Wells ever produced a 40 point season that one time.

Seemed like all he ever did was stand in front of Richter and cross check people, and dump the puck out to the redline.
Jay Wells was created by Cyberdyne to go back in time and stun NHLers

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Jay Wells was created by Cyberdyne to go back in time and stun NHLers
Stun NHLers? That's Emily's job

Noonan was the real GWG scorer in game 7 against Van

Reactions: will1066

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
For some reason, John Ogrodnick was my brother’s favorite player as a kid, despite my brother being named James Patrick, Patrick was his second favorite. I don’t truly remember hockey until probably 1990, so Ogrodnick never pinger my radar much.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
For some reason, John Ogrodnick was my brother’s favorite player as a kid, despite my brother being named James Patrick, Patrick was his second favorite. I don’t truly remember hockey until probably 1990, so Ogrodnick never pinger my radar much.
I remember him has having great hands but he wasn't flashy or incredibly skilled. He had a nose for the net and finished his chances.

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
Johnny O was a good Ranger who was a solid goal scorer overall. Part of a very popular line with Kelly Kisio and Brian Mullen. Closest recent comparison I can think of as a Ranger is Frank Vatrano.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Vic Hadfield. Why did we trade his production on the GAG line for defenceman Nick Beverley’s 3-15-18. If it was playoff dissatisfaction from the previous season, we were out in three games the season after his departure. Hadfield then went on to have two 30+ goal seasons with the Pens before retiring. Was Emile Francis really all that? As Hadfield said, “I had given him 13 years of my life,” said Hadfield. “We ate together, slept together, flew together. He was more like a father to me than my own father. Then he turns around and does something like that and you lose all the respect you have. It's like your father lying to you. I was just asking for a little honesty"

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
As Hadfield said, “I had given him 13 years of my life,” said Hadfield. “We ate together, slept together, flew together. He was more like a father to me than my own father. Then he turns around and does something like that and you lose all the respect you have. It's like your father lying to you. I was just asking for a little honesty"
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad