Jason Ward

Brad Isbister

Jeff Woywitka

Chad Wiseman

Aaron Voros

Jason Strudwick

Marcel Hossa

And the infamous Sean Avery!! :popcorn:

Lmao during our HBO 24/7, they made Woywitka pick up the restaurant tab for the team during card roulette. Lundqvist as well.

I remember some poster saying, "For f***'s sake, Lundqvist has to feed them too???" rofl

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Last year I was in Helsinki for work in late November/early December and I decided to catch a Jokerit game and they played against Amur in the KHL. Look who was sitting in front of me:

Wrap-around legend!

GRF2RQ3.jpg

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The first thing that popped into my head were the revolving door of terrible defensemen from the dark ages:

Igor Ulanov
Dave Karpa
Sylvan Leferbvre

and the granddaddy of them all, the guy that actually admitted he was miserable in NY when the rest of the roster simply played like it, Stephane Quintal

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Shane Churla. Dude had the worst wrist shot I have ever seen.

Dave Karpa. Last thing I remember about him was when the dumbass fired the puck into the Rangers bench and broke someones wrist.

Other randoms - Bill Berg, Todd Harvey, Brian Skrudland. I don't know why I but I remember a lot of guys from the late 90's.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Other names post ('04-'05) lockout....

Blair Betts

Ryan Hollweg

Jason Ward

Brad Isbister

Jeff Woywitka

Chad Wiseman

Aaron Voros

Jason Strudwick

Marcel Hossa

And the infamous Sean Avery!! :popcorn:

Got to have a few pops with the three in Bold on a few occasions. Good guys, all of them. Struds was huge in person, but didn't appear that way on the ice always. These guys hung around Local, and Cafe 31 quite a bit. Fired down Jameson shots with Hollweg when the Rangers lost game 6 to the Sabres. Half of the Wolfpack squad was there as well. Stayed there most of the night.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Shane Churla. Dude had the worst wrist shot I have ever seen.

Dave Karpa. Last thing I remember about him was when the dumbass fired the puck into the Rangers bench and broke someones wrist.

Other randoms - Bill Berg, Todd Harvey, Brian Skrudland. I don't know why I but I remember a lot of guys from the late 90's.

They are imprinted into your brain because, God willing, we will never see worse/less-inspired hockey again

I remember when the Rangers overpaid Skrudland and Mike Keane because the brain-trust figured it was a lack of bottom 6 guys that was holding the team back. Keane went on to end Pat LaFontaine's career in a mid-ice collision when LaFontaine was playing really well for the Rangers

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Also, one time Ranger Steve McKenna played part of a season in the Australian Ice-hockey league during the 04-05 lockout, and then coached the Australian national team in 2007-8

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Who could forget Silvertips alumnus Ivan Baranka who literally played 1 game for us? He plays for Vitkovice and I was at a Kometa Brno game last season against Vitokvice. Unfortunately I was behind the goal in the standing area and had no good opportunity to take a photo but he had an absolute awful game haha. Had 2 turnovers that lead to goals :laugh:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Who could forget Silvertips alumnus Ivan Baranka who literally played 1 game for us? He plays for Vitkovice and I was at a Kometa Brno game last season against Vitokvice. Unfortunately I was behind the goal in the standing area and had no good opportunity to take a photo but he had an absolute awful game haha. Had 2 turnovers that lead to goals :laugh:

Kondratiev. I remember Sam and JD hyping that kid up to no end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad