OT: Let's Remember Some Guys

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I want Hags back, kreibanajad could use his blazing speed and tenacious forecheck.

(Yes, i am aware he is too old now)

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Not exactly way back, but this is one of my
favorite goals of the last few years, goat always seemed on the cusp of better things

mti79

May 11, 2007
I forget wife and I were talking about old games we went to and how I always like the guys nobody else does but I will never live down when we were at a have and one of "my guys" scored and when I jumped up to celebrate I may have elbowed her in the head. And then instead of checking on her, I celebrated with other fans.

That random Ranger was none other, then #20, Freddy Sjöström

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I forget wife and I were talking about old games we went to and how I always like the guys nobody else does but I will never live down when we were at a have and one of "my guys" scored and when I jumped up to celebrate I may have elbowed her in the head. And then instead of checking on her, I celebrated with other fans.

That random Ranger was none other, then #20, Freddy Sjöström
IMHO, Torts was too quick to reject the depth guys he inherited, Freddy and Betts and Korpi

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
this is sad
he was big and tough but he could skate and and seemed to be a fun teammate
like him as NYR
last NYR before Zib who i recall with long dark hair flowing behind his helmet
will always be remembered as part of the Lindros trade

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
this is sad
he was big and tough but he could skate and and seemed to be a fun teammate
like him as NYR
last NYR before Zib who i recall with long dark hair flowing behind his helmet
will always be remembered as part of the Lindros trade

Very sad news

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Really shocked and disturbing that the Rangers didn't not post anything about Chris Simon death on their Twitter or Rangers website

RIP Chris Simon

Last edited:

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
He was one of the pleasant surprises during a God awful year of Rangers hockey in 03-04. He knew how to throw down and was a decent offensive contributor for a 4th liner. Also gave us the best return from the 04 trade purge (Blair Betts). RIP Chris. Saddened to read this.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Really shocked and disturbing that the Rangers didn't not post anything about Chris Simon death on their Twitter or Rangers website

RIP Chris Simon

More often than not when an ex-Rangers player dies they don't. A lot of players from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's are at an age where their ages are in the kind of range where it's almost normal when a player does pass. Simon is a bit early for it though shit happens. I'm in my 60's and I've known plenty of people who have died younger than me. Sometimes quite a bit younger than my age now. There have been maybe 30 or so Ranger players that I've seen play as Rangers since I started following the Rangers in 1971-72 that are gone now. It's not that abnormal at least for me.

Reactions: cwede

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Joel Lundqvist question, anyone know why Joel Lundqvist went back to Sweden and never tried to make a comeback to the NHL? I always thought he’d be a 3rd liner in the NHL at some point. He was not awful for Dallas. It would have been a nice story to see Lundqvist brothers be teammates on the Rangers at some point.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Watching Kings (loss to Oil) last night
and realized Jim Hiller (their new in-season coach) sounded familiar.

Jim Hiller's Final\3rd NHL season was 2 games for 1993-94 NYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad