Proposal: Let's get rid of the White-out

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
As long as we have snow and blizzards, it’s only fitting we have the white out. It seriously represents us, the life we live here, hardships and struggles. Our success and pride. Only people from here know how it’s like from the Peg, sure we complain, but deep down inside we love it in our hearts. It’s the only way!

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Ofcouse the White-out is for the fans. And what's wrong with that? Reading some of the responses, I'm guessing the push back is that the Jets don't wear white at home anymore. I hope that's not the main argument because that's a very weak take. Red wing fans originally threw octopus on the ice because the 8 legs represented the 8 wins needed to win the cup. Now is 16 wins, so should wings fans stop the tradition? Ofcouse not .

To those against the white out : explain to me how it doesn't rally the fans to support the team . Please explain.

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
1713326941826.gif

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
OP seems to suggest starting a new tradition is like ordering a pizza. Traditions start, they sometimes change and evolve. It's organic. Not all traditions " makes sense" . A tradition is not a math equation that needs to be exact or correct
Speak for yourself - I've been the catalyst for several big goals this season by shifting my position on the couch if things arent looking good! :sarcasm:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
How deep do the jets need to go these playoffs for fans to realize the color of clothes fans wear don't determine the outcome of the game?
I don't think any fans believe the colour of clothes effects games. IMO it is a way to express province wide solidarity with our team in a fun and tradition filled way. It is a way for even the most casual of fans to embrace the moment and enjoy the experience.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
OP seems to suggest starting a new tradition is like ordering a pizza. Traditions start, they sometimes change and evolve. It's organic. Not all traditions " makes sense" . A tradition is not a math equation that needs to be exact or correct
Well, Pizza Pizza is now selling a Whiteout pizza so starting a new tradition isn't as easy as ordering pizza 🤣

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
hahaha this dumb shit again. It's a party for the fans. It has no impact on the actual outcome of the games. It's not why we win and it's not why we lose. It also isn't going anywhere. There's no getting rid of it so get over yourselves. It also has absolutely nothing to do with home jersey colors. It's a freaking blizzard! It's Winnipeg. Jeez.

and another thing! If you want to make a "proposal" to get rid of the Whiteout, doing it here isn't accomplishing anything. Maybe start spamming Chipman or the local media with your proposal and see if you can get some traction. We here at this forum don't decide what the playoff fan party looks like.

Last edited:

Bladerunner62

Mar 16, 2022
Yawn... Maybe its the team play and nothing to do with everyone wearing a colour. Maybe Calgary should stop wearing red? Maybe Washington too. Maybe toronto should wear orange or brown...

Who cares its unity in fandom and adds layers to help create an electric atmosphere. And it has a very well founded reputation.
100% agree. Would however like to see the Jets wear the heritage white for the home games.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Fans don't wear white to determine the outcome of any games

They do it to... wait for it.... "have fun"

You try that "having fun" thing sometime yourself

I don't think any fans believe the colour of clothes effects games. IMO it is a way to express province wide solidarity with our team in a fun and tradition filled way. It is a way for even the most casual of fans to embrace the moment and enjoy the experience.
Yes, that's the point of my post. Op thinking it has an effect on the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad