Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Can’t help but laugh at Castellanos.
Phillies Wins Above Average by position
Best to Worst
SP (+2.9, 2nd MLB)
3B (+0.9 2nd MLB)
SS (+0.9 3rd MLB)
LF (+0.5 4th MLB)
CF (+0.4 3rd MLB)
1B (+0.4 4th MLB)
C (0.0 18th MLB)
2B (-0.2 16th MLB)
RF (-1.1 30th MLB)
RP (-1.6 26th MLB)

Fangraphs has Castellanos at a -1.0 WAR (worst of any position player).

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Phillies just scored a run with Turner on 1st and Schwarber on 3rd with 1-out after the pitcher threw to first base three times trying to pick-off Turner and got called for a disengagement violation/balk which advanced both runners so Schwarber scored.

You can throw over to first twice, but on the third attempt if you don't successfully pick-off the runner it's a balk.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Phillies just scored a run with Turner on 1st and Schwarber on 3rd with 1-out after the pitcher threw to first base three times trying to pick-off Turner and got called for a disengagement violation/balk which advanced both runners so Schwarber scored.

You can throw over to first twice, but on the third attempt if you don't successfully pick-off the runner it's a balk.
eh...not sure i like that really

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanchez hasn't been as good this season so far. Hopefully Orion can bail him out here.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kerkering failed to get it done. Still not sold on him yet. Kids still raw though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Topper bringing Seranthony into a tied game in the 7th. Im sure this will end well.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Sanchez hasn't been as good this season so far. Hopefully Orion can bail him out here.
He's been one of the better back end guys in the league. Shaky tonight though obviously.

1000003707.jpg

Underlyings also paint a promising picture

1000003709.jpg

Difference has been walks thus far. He didn't walk a soul last year. 4 walks/9 this season, 1.5 last year. Once/if he pulls those walks back down he'll be money

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Surprise surprise, Seranthony allowed 2 runs. Could see that wild pitch coming from 1000 miles away. What an absolute f***ing bum. I think that pushes his ERA over 10.00 on the season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Marsh fails to deliver in both the 7th and the 9th. Seranthony with another L.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I was near Baltimore for work yesterday and decided to stay for the Orioles game. There’s just never a bad time in that ballpark. I’ve been to Wrigley and Fenway and Oracle. Camden Yards is still the best place to see a game. I’d take PNC Park over the famous ones every time too.

Clarke Schmidt’s Kunckle Curve is nasty in person.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Why is Trout batting lead off?
Get your best hitters in the 1-2 spots it's some advanced metrics thing.

Dude is killing it this year. Glad I took the chance on him for Fantasy Baseball.

I was near Baltimore for work yesterday and decided to stay for the Orioles game. There’s just never a bad time in that ballpark. I’ve been to Wrigley and Fenway and Oracle. Camden Yards is still the best place to see a game. I’d take PNC Park over the famous ones every time too.

Camden Yards, PNC, Great American (slightly biased) are great places to see a game along with the Bank.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Camden Yards, PNC, Great American (slightly biased) are great places to see a game along with the Bank.

I haven’t been to GAB yet, but heard good things. I’m headed out there for the first time in August. Going with a buddy who somehow grew up a giant Reds, Rams, and Nets fan. :laugh:

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

You can't get more Philly sports than this name.

Reactions: mja

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I haven’t been to GAB yet, but heard good things. I’m headed out there for the first time in August. Going with a buddy who somehow grew up a giant Reds, Rams, and Nets fan. :laugh:
Friend is like me.... Reds, Broncos, Flyers.... no basketball team so Sixers get my attention when I watch.

Auto Merge struck again...
I need to ask something is 8 HR and 18 SB good for the month of April?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Friend is like me.... Reds, Broncos, Flyers.... no basketball team so Sixers get my attention when I watch.

Was it particular athletes that hooked you? Eric Davis and Eric Dickerson got him as a tiny kid and I understood that completely. Those were top of the world athletes. But I always laugh at him because his Nets fandom exists because he could go to games for less than $5, so he just kept going.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Was it particular athletes that hooked you? Eric Davis and Eric Dickerson got him as a tiny kid and I understood that completely. Those were top of the world athletes. But I always laugh at him because his Nets fandom exists because he could go to games for less than $5, so he just kept going.
Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan for the Reds.
Gradishar, Tommy Jackson for the Broncos.

Moose and Ed VanImpe... for the Flyers.

And yes the Reds will be seeing a spike in Fandom with Elly DeLaCruz.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

I went to a Nets/Clippers game in the late 90’s or so. The toilet bowl of toilet bowls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad