Status
Not open for further replies.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
What Carolina Hurricanes’ Brett Pesce says about all the trade rumors about him

Mostly addresses how he wants to remain a Hurricane and hoped and prayed that he'd be back.
“Obviously, this is where I want to be, where I call home,” Pesce said.

“Anything can happen,” Pesce said. “I just try not to think about that side of it.”

Pesce, one of the Canes’ most popular players, wants that time to continue. He said he has gotten no recent feedback from management since returning to Raleigh but has no complaints about it. “I’m just eager to get out there and play,” Pesce said. “It’s been a long wait this summer and I’m ready to get camp going.”

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

This seems to be a fairly liberal interpretation of what was in Eliotte's 32 Thoughts article yesterday lol.

The actual blurb from his article: 32 Thoughts: What's next for the Blue Jackets?
14. Carolina did give some permission for teams to talk to UFA-to-be Brett Pesce during the offseason, but that’s evaporated. The Hurricanes are in it to win it, and they’re better with Pesce around. We’ll see if the contract gap can be bridged along the way.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The 2 year presence of Orlov, IMO, plays an asset management role for the Hurricanes, because even if Skjei and Pesce both leave for large UFA contracts, they will still have three of the top-6 D locked in next season. What also helps the Hurricanes hold on to Pesce for a large cup push is twofold:

1. The UFA market for RHD is potentially quite talent-rich next season (notable alternatives to Pesce include Tanev, Montour, Roy, and DeMelo, with Tanev as my personal preference).
2. The Hurricanes are still under the cap and can accumulate deadline space to add a forward in exchange for picks and prospects instead of a roster player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad