Leon Draisaitl vs Sebastian Aho

Drai vs Aho

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

izi

Apr 16, 2017
I don't think a team becomes a contender if they are building the franchise around Aho or Draisaitl. You need a couple players just as good if not better to really become a contender. Both will be stars in the league for the next decade.
Yupp, spot on. One didn't drag his team to a wildcard spot, later on conference final during his ELC, playing 21min/night during the playoffs and leading the team in points both in regular season and in the playoffs.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Yupp, spot on. One didn't drag his team to a wildcard spot, later on conference final during his ELC, playing 21min/night during the playoffs and leading the team in points both in regular season and in the playoffs.

Playoff stats
Aho: 15GP 5G 7A 12 points
Drai: 13GP 6G 10A 16 points

Oh and one didn’t get swept in his first playoff appearance on his ELC.

Reactions: BertMcDrai

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Playoff stats
Aho: 15GP 5G 7A 12 points
Drai: 13GP 6G 10A 16 points

Oh and one didn’t get swept in his first playoff appearance on his ELC.

Just like your useless stats these are pretty useless too. Doesn’t change the fact that drai is better.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Aho he’s younger never had a peak year drai could have peaked. I think aho will be the better player.

Unless drai could put up 50-50 with out Mcdavid and at center I’d pick him.

izi

Apr 16, 2017
Just like your useless stats these are pretty useless too. Doesn’t change the fact that drai is better.
You basically said that neither aho or drai is good enought to carry a contending team on a first line. I just said that if you make the conference finals your team is most likely a contender and aho played the biggest role on that team the whole year.

Sure they got swept in the finals but they also beat last years stanley cups champions and swept the islands which swept the Penguins.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dragging his team into wildcard during ELC doesn't mean he would be able to lead his team to a cup.
And No , CAR is not a contender despite winning a couple rounds.
Oilers weren't contenders even after Drai and Oil took ANA to game 7

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm pretty skeptical of Draisaitl's ability to carry a team without McDavid by his side, and he definitely has not proven it thus far. But Aho is being quite overrated in this poll.

Aho's past 3 seasons: 1.94 P/60
Draisaitl's past 3 seasons without McDavid: 1.77 P/60

Given the discrepancy in quality of teammates, I honestly think LD's production is more impressive here. Granted, Aho is trending upwards in this department while Draisaitl is trending down, but Draisaitl's team was such an absolute tire fire this season that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Neither player is anything to write home over defensively.

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Went Aho just cause I like his curve more and I think he is still to hit his true breakout season. Drai had an insane season, but somehow it feels like a peak one and not easy to repeat.

Aho had his 'rookie' seasons center and has gone up in performance each season and seems like a true student of game who doesn't cheat on his training and learns from his mistakes.

Biggest factor obviously is that I'm a Finn, this would have been much harder call to make if I wasn't.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Aho he’s younger never had a peak year drai could have peaked. I think aho will be the better player.

Unless drai could put up 50-50 with out Mcdavid and at center I’d pick him.

Why does Draisaitl have to put up 50-50 without McDavid? Kind of high expectations before you'd give him credit, no, considering even the very best players in all of hockey will have a difficult time reaching those numbers?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not to mention you guys have way better puck moving D than the Oilers.

Our D’s “breakout” is to bank it off the boards or glass in our own zone and hope for the best. When all else fails fall on your stomach and do a starfish ala Kris Russell.
Again true. On the flip side, Aho is the best player on Carolina and Draisaitl gets to play with the best player in world.

As I said, I voted Draisaitl so I’m no knocking him, nor am I saying he’s a product of McDavid, because he isn’t. He’s a stud. just need to provide balance to some of the justifications being stated.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm pretty skeptical of Draisaitl's ability to carry a team without McDavid by his side, and he definitely has not proven it thus far. But Aho is being quite overrated in this poll.

Aho's past 3 seasons: 1.94 P/60
Draisaitl's past 3 seasons without McDavid: 1.77 P/60

Given the discrepancy in quality of teammates, I honestly think LD's production is more impressive here. Granted, Aho is trending upwards in this department while Draisaitl is trending down, but Draisaitl's team was such an absolute tire fire this season that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Neither player is anything to write home over defensively.

Does this mean you’ve ended your Crusade? :naughty:

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Why does Draisaitl have to put up 50-50 without McDavid? Kind of high expectations before you'd give him credit, no, considering even the very best players in all of hockey will have a difficult time reaching those numbers?
Learn to read I said for me to take him over Aho he needs to repeat those numbers without mcdavid.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Aho was 10th in Hart voting with 21 votes.

And wasnt aho playing injured In playoffs? I heard rumors he was not 100%

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Learn to read I said for me to take him over Aho he needs to repeat those numbers without mcdavid.

Only Draisaitl has to repeat at 50/50 year to be considered good. Any other player and you would be singing their praises.

Tell me, if 50/50 is so easy with McDavid then why has no other player done it? Also, how many players have actually achieved that milestone?

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Only Draisaitl has to repeat at 50/50 year to be considered good. Any other player and you would be singing their praises.

Tell me, if 50/50 is so easy with McDavid then why has no other player done it? Also, how many players have actually achieved that milestone?

The 50 + 50 club is super easy to be in bro.

Reactions: Ryan Pat80

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Leon Draisaitl is a better player. Numbers game game falls in Drais favour easily. Aho is dam good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad