Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Position: Lean Aho (full-time center)
Contract: Lean Draisaitl (extra year of term)
Durability: Push (both have played 242 games over the past three seasons)
Player Quality: Lean Draisatl?

Over the past two seasons, the Oilers scored 2.25 GF/60 5v5 with Draisaitl on the ice sans McDavid (Link). The Canes have scored 2.69 GF/60 5v5 with Aho on the ice sans his best linemate, Teravainen (Link). However, the Oilers have really bad forward depth that puts downward pressure on Draisaitl's effectiveness. When the Canes split Aho and Teravainen in January, Aho's linemates became Niederreiter and Williams, a couple 50 point caliber guys. If Draisaitl plays with that type of talent, to what extent does that number improve?

I'll give the edge to Draisaitl based on raw production,. but this one continues to be close.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think Aho has much better on ice presence. Just one of the smartest players in the game, and I think he can carry a line better than Draisaitl.

Reactions: djboos22 and duga

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
I think Aho has much better on ice presence. Just one of the smartest players in the game, and I think he can carry a line better than Draisaitl.

I’ve seen this argument three times now. What does that even mean? Aho can carry a line better than Draisaitl? Draisaitl literally puts the team on his back whenever mcdavid isn’t playing.

Reactions: KidLine93

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Close but Aho has shown he can be a ppg+ player without Mcdavid....Draisait hasnt shown that..throw him on line 2 and watch him get 70-75pts again

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Close but Aho has shown he can be a ppg+ player without Mcdavid....Draisait hasnt shown that..throw him on line 2 and watch him get 70-75pts again

Considering 70-75 is still higher than Ahos career average id still take Draisaitl.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I’ve seen this argument three times now. What does that even mean? Aho can carry a line better than Draisaitl? Draisaitl literally puts the team on his back whenever mcdavid isn’t playing.

Aho makes his linemates better to a greater extent than Draisaitl.

He finds chemistry with everybody and is always making the right plays.

Aho and two scrubs are more dangerous than Draisaitl and two scrubs.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Go look at mcdavid stats with and without Draisaitl. I’d say Draisaitl is making his linemates better.

Well no shit Mcdavid is going to have much better stats when you replace Chiasson with Draisaitl.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Well no **** Mcdavid is going to have much better stats when you replace Chiasson with Draisaitl.

Well no **** Draisaitl is going to have much better stats when you replace Chiasson with Mcdavid. When it comes to Draisaitls stats with mcdavid it’s all “oh mcdavid carries him” but when it’s the other way around it’s because drai is better than chiasson? Drai isn’t helping mcdavid at all?

Last edited:

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
Bahahahah it is when you factor in that buddy boy went and paged his friends in an oiler thread and half the votes on draisaitl are oiler fans. Lol.

I didn’t mention any poll in the oilers forum lol but sure let’s use that as an excuse now.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Aho is unquestionably the superior player, don't really see any arguments in Draisaitl's favor.

Reactions: 6ix and EP40

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think a team becomes a contender if they are building the franchise around Aho or Draisaitl. You need a couple players just as good if not better to really become a contender. Both will be stars in the league for the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad