Recalled/Assigned: Leivo Recalled

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Cap friendly site is usually reasonably fast at keeping up with transactions.

They are showing Leivo on the roster and Sosh still on the roster - making it 16 forwards (Lupol and Horton not counted on the active roster of course).

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cap friendly site is usually reasonably fast at keeping up with transactions.

They are showing Leivo on the roster and Sosh still on the roster - making it 16 forwards (Lupol and Horton not counted on the active roster of course).

Apparently Soshnikov isn't on the official roster, as per Shilton.

They couldn't have called up Leivo without making a move... so something happened. Capfriendly probably is just waiting for official confirmation.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Bernier went on a conditioning stint last season for no other reason other than that he sucked in the NHL for an extended period of time.

Ottawa tried to send Hammond on a conditioning stint a couple days ago, for no other reason than the fact that they had 3 goalies. When he declined (his contract gives him the right) they waived him. Clearly the stint would have been to delay waiving him as long as possible.

Bernier was coming of a groin injury.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

They couldn't have called up Leivo without making a move... so something happened. Capfriendly probably is just waiting for official confirmation.

She corrected that because sosh has never been listed for some reason, since his callup e hasn't been added to leafs roster on the website

But in saying that he would be the easiest move to make

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

She retracted that, using a teams roster isn't really the best source, especially when people mentioned he wasn't on it weeks ago.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
LOL Only Lou (and his staff) know who is on the Leafs roster these days.

Pretty much haha. That's why hiring the guy that wrote the cba was a great move. Is it pridham? I can't remember which guy it was but we have him

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
She corrected that because sosh has never been listed for some reason, since his callup e hasn't been added to leafs roster on the website

But in saying that he would be the easiest move to make

She retracted that, using a teams roster isn't really the best source, especially when people mentioned he wasn't on it weeks ago.

It's still the only move the Leafs can make right now. With that said, they can go over the roster limit since they don't play until tomorrow, which means they can use the waiver at noon to get to the 23 man roster by game time tomorrow.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's still the only move the Leafs can make right now. With that said, they can go over the roster limit since they don't play until tomorrow, which means they can use the waiver at noon to get to the 23 man roster by game time tomorrow.

Yep maybe someone will throw a pick for holland that's pretty much the only other move. Someone mentioned Corrado on waivers that won't work we will have too many forwards

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We could stand to dump a few guys and swap them out. That or pull a legit trade. I would test Bozak for a pick and prospect. The guys been really good for a while @ good money.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
We could stand to dump a few guys and swap them out. That or pull a legit trade. I would test Bozak for a pick and prospect. The guys been really good for a while @ good money.

I doubt a team goes for bozak now, deadline sure but it is too early for teams to say let's do it all in. Mid December is when a bozak type player would be traded for

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yep maybe someone will throw a pick for holland that's pretty much the only other move. Someone mentioned Corrado on waivers that won't work we will have too many forwards

I would think Calgary would be interested in some forward depth right about now.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I don't think Bozak is going anywhere this year. He serves a purpose with Marner and JVR. With 7 rookies someone has to stay at a key position.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
No he wasn't. It was Reimer that injured (and re-tweaked) his groin last season.

Bernier was healthy and had to grant the Leafs permission to send him down for two weeks.

You can go down to 'condition' without being injured.

Bernier was placed on injury reserve first week of November with a lower body injury.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think Bozak is going anywhere this year. He serves a purpose with Marner and JVR. With 7 rookies someone has to stay at a key position.

At face value i agree. When I really think about it, depending on the demand... If its there with the big injuries happening to key players ATL(Around.. ) you gotta pull the trigger. If need be you can pull back a vet we sent down.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
No he wasn't. It was Reimer that injured (and re-tweaked) his groin last season.

Bernier was healthy and had to grant the Leafs permission to send him down for two weeks.

You can go down to 'condition' without being injured.
Oh ya that's right. Reimer came back from a lower body but I recall Bernier also tweaking something. Or am I misremembering?

But he also didn't play for a long stretch so that was also reason for a conditioning stint especially for a goalie.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Oh ya that's right. Reimer came back from a lower body but I recall Bernier also tweaking something. Or am I misremembering?

But he also didn't play for a long stretch so that was also reason for a conditioning stint especially for a goalie.

Bernier only missed a couple at the beginning of November, due to an undisclosed lower body I believe. As posted above, he was sent on his stint long after being back and just playing really, REALLY badly.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Bernier only missed a couple at the beginning of November, due to an undisclosed lower body I believe. As posted above, he was sent on his stint long after being back and just playing really, REALLY badly.
I remember his atrocious play but didn't he ride the pine until reimer got injured and then Babs started sparks until reimer came back?
I recall JB sat for a while but as I demonstrated earlier my memory can be a bit swiss cheese.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I remember his atrocious play but didn't he ride the pine until reimer got injured and then Babs started sparks until reimer came back?
I recall JB sat for a while but as I demonstrated earlier my memory can be a bit swiss cheese.

Nah, Reims legit won the job off him in November and his groin issues didn't happen until December after Bernier was back from the Marlies.

Reimer injured it mid December, 2015, missed a few games, came back, played one game, a 1-0 loss to Minnesota where Parise fell directly on, you guessed it, his groin, while charging the net.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I agree. I don't think Bozak is going anywhere this year or maybe even next. Center depth is critical in this league and we don't have that center depth...yet. I don't know if Willie will ever be a center but even if he does become one it probably won't be for another year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad