Lehtonen in AHL playoffs: 3-0, 1.33 GAA, .956 Save Percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman

Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
Lehtonen had another stellar performance in the AHL playoffs tonight, making 29 of 30 saves vs Grand Rapids. He has started in 3 playoff games so far and is 3-0, having saved 87 of 91 total shots in those games. :bow:

Lehtonen already has a reputation as a goalie who steps up in big games (winning playoff MVPs and tournaments in Europe) and his performance so far in the AHL playoffs is just further cementing that perception. :banana:

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
"Jäämies"

Iceman

Nickname given to Lehtonen when he didn't seem to know he was in the SM-Liiga playoffs and saved shots with ease and confidence that looked like he was a veteran of half a dozen playoff runs..

He's developing in great fashion, HYVÄ KARI!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Raimo Sillanpää said:
"Jäämies"

Iceman

Nickname given to Lehtonen when he didn't seem to know he was in the SM-Liiga playoffs and saved shots with ease and confidence that looked like he was a veteran of half a dozen playoff runs..

He's developing in great fashion, HYVÄ KARI!

I haven't seen a better goaltending prospect since Patrick Roy. Lehtonen's athleticism, savy, and lateral movement are off the hook.

:bow:

NewHabsEra*

Taxman said:
Lehtonen had another stellar performance in the AHL playoffs tonight, making 29 of 30 saves vs Grand Rapids. He has started in 3 playoff games so far and is 3-0, having saved 87 of 91 total shots in those games. :bow:

Lehtonen already has a reputation as a goalie who steps up in big games (winning playoff MVPs and tournaments in Europe) and his performance so far in the AHL playoffs is just further cementing that perception. :banana:

Lehtonen is definitively a futur NHL all star and I expect him to be in the same category as Luongo and Thedore if not still better... But we Habs fans have the solution to beat him... His name? Alexander Perezhogin!! :D

He had his first AHL hat trick against him earlier in the season and had beaten him on a breakaway at his last WJC!

SwOOsh*

Not trying to steal anything from Lehtonen as I believe he is the best goalie prospect in the game but Maxime is playing great hockey for Portland

29 Ouellet, Maxime 2 120:00 2 0 0 2 1.00 57 .966

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
SwOOsh said:
Not trying to steal anything from Lehtonen as I believe he is the best goalie prospect in the game but Maxime is playing great hockey for Portland

29 Ouellet, Maxime 2 120:00 2 0 0 2 1.00 57 .966

Not trying to steal anything, yet you hijack a Lehtonen thread to mention him....

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Yes Ouellet is having a good tournament so far too. One thing to remember though, Lehtonen is only 20 years old while Ouellet turns 23 in 2 months. :) He is 2 1/2 years older than Kari.

I was at a Thrasher's game at the end of the season and a fan in the stand had a great nickname for Kari on his poster. It read Kari "Let None In". :banana:

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
That sure is gonna be one helluva goaltenders duel in the Southeast Division for years to come.

Yes, it will be. I expect Luongo and Lehtnonen to be the 2 best goalies in the NHL in a few years. :jump:

Blatny Spears

Feb 27, 2002
Toxostoma rufum
Visit site
Raimo Sillanpää said:
"Jäämies"

Iceman
What's his other Finnish nickname? "The weasel"? I can't remember the exact translation.

Speaking of Thrasher goalies, Michael Garnett has been very good in the ECHL playoffs as well. He's not in Kari's league, but he's a very solid #2 goalie prospect.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Taxman said:

I'm glad to have the 1st overall pick in the next draft of my fantasy hockey league!

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
NewHabsArea said:
Lehtonen is definitively a futur NHL all star and I expect him to be in the same category as Luongo and Thedore if not still better... But we Habs fans have the solution to beat him... His name? Alexander Perezhogin!! :D

He had his first AHL hat trick against him earlier in the season and had beaten him on a breakaway at his last WJC!

Yup, I see that in 5 years:

Montreal vs Atlanta, game 7, overtime. Perezhogin is on a breakaway, against Lehtonen...he shoots, he scores! His 6th goal of the game! :joker: :joker:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Yeah, this guy is my hero. I'm still pissed off that he left Jokerit to play in the goddamn AHL. They could've let him play more in Atlanta and maybe they would be in the playoffs now. Nurminen did OK, but the other what's-his-name goalie really seemed to play with his eyes closed.

st_roland

markov` said:
I'm glad to have the 1st overall pick in the next draft of my fantasy hockey league!

What pool of players are you drafting from? The entire NHL? Players with rookie status next season?

st_roland

tommi462 said:
Yeah, this guy is my hero. I'm still pissed off that he left Jokerit to play in the goddamn AHL. They could've let him play more in Atlanta and maybe they would be in the playoffs now. Nurminen did OK, but the other what's-his-name goalie really seemed to play with his eyes closed.

Byron Dafoe?

SwOOsh*

sveiglar said:
Not trying to steal anything, yet you hijack a Lehtonen thread to mention him....

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Like I said, I think Lehtonen is a superior goalie, and the same thing happened to the Oulette thread down below, someone mentioned Lehtonen, don't try and make a big deal out of it, there both good goalie prospects and it's a good thing to make comparisons.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Blatny Spears said:
What's his other Finnish nickname? "The weasel"? I can't remember the exact translation.

I did check that from online dictionary. It`s "The ermine" or " The stoat" :teach: . I think both of those mean same animal.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
gib said:
I did check that from online dictionary. It`s "The ermine" or " The stoat" :teach: . I think both of those mean same animal.

"Kärppä", associated with quickness.

I kind of expected this, although it was anything but fair. This takes me back to the playoffs of 2002, a fan can't really respect a player more for anything than owing him for a championship.

Now I've jinxed the Wolves many times over, but I did the very same that spring.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
markov` said:
Yup, I see that in 5 years:

Montreal vs Atlanta, game 7, overtime. Perezhogin is on a breakaway, against Lehtonen...he shoots, he scores! His 6th goal of the game! :joker: :joker:

question......which Montreal goalie gives up at least 5 then?

Steve Latin*

This thread should finally put all "Lehtonen vs. Fleury" comparisons to rest ;)

S L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad