Lehtonen in AHL playoffs: 3-0, 1.33 GAA, .956 Save Percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Steve Latin said:
This thread should finally put all "Lehtonen vs. Fleury" comparisons to rest ;)

S L

I think Pittsburgh's exuberance with MAF hindered his development. They may pay for that poor judgement for a while but Fleury will ultimately develop into a star.

Kari has been brought along slowly and prudently. He could have played more but the Thrasher's staff decided to let him grow into North American hockey slowly. Kari will see plenty of NHL ice next season (whenever that is). Plus, I believe that since he is on an AHL roster now, he can play AHL next year should there be a lockout.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
I was kind of nice to see this get over a page before the F word came up.

I think his performance is a sign of what a fine job the Thrashers did in bringing Lehtonen along this year. With the inconsistent play of Nurminen and Dafoe and the dreadful January-February slump it would have been very easy for the Thrashers to bring up Lehtonen to the NHL too early.

Let the kid get his first taste of NA playoff hockey in the AHL, and then hope the Thrashers can give him a chance to try the real thing next year.

I also want to add that Michael Garnett is perhaps one of the most underrated goaltending prospects around. He is well in the shadow of Lehtonen, but he has proven himself at every level he has played this year. After a full year in the AHL he could be major trade bait.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Name GP Min GA GAA W L T ENG SO Saves SvPct
Kari Lehtonen (G) 4 239 6 1.50 4 0 0 0 1 117 0.951

Samsonites

Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
markov` said:
I'm glad to have the 1st overall pick in the next draft of my fantasy hockey league!

This might be out of content in this thread but in a keeper league where Esche and Raycraft are available, would you select Lehtonen in front of the other two? Goalies are awarded 3 pts for a win and 2 extra for a SO.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Samsonites said:
This might be out of content in this thread but in a keeper league where Esche and Raycraft are available, would you select Lehtonen in front of the other two? Goalies are awarded 3 pts for a win and 2 extra for a SO.

I understand your frustration, the fantasy hockey board here is dead. I've resorted to taking my questions to the polls board :D..

If you're looking towards the future, yes. I think Lehtonen will eventually be better than both of the others, but I would say that wouldn't I.. ;) Its a tough call.

KariyaIsGod*

Lehtonen32 said:
I understand your frustration, the fantasy hockey board here is dead. I've resorted to taking my questions to the polls board :D..

If you're looking towards the future, yes. I think Lehtonen will eventually be better than both of the others, but I would say that wouldn't I.. ;) Its a tough call.

Luckily I have both Lehtonen AND Raycroft on ym fantasy keeper team. Throw Giggy into the mix and the goalies look nice..

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Steve Latin said:
So now it's Chiodo vs. Lehtonen? Let's not turn this into a Malkin vs. Ovechkin or Stone vs. Fehr thread too :)

S L

Yeah. Just because there's another good (or lucky?) goalie out there, doesn't make Lehtonen's performance worse.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
KariyaIsGod said:
Luckily I have both Lehtonen AND Raycroft on ym fantasy keeper team. Throw Giggy into the mix and the goalies look nice..

I'm always going to be skeptical of rookie goalies in Boston.. Hopefully this kid will prove me wrong.

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
I think Atlanta's patience with developing him is going to pay off big time. There was no point in rushing him as I don't believe an goaltending prospect (even one as talented as he is) was likely to take Atlanta anywhere during the last two years anyways. Now he's developed his game both technically and mentally, and the organization as a whole is ready to take one big step forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad