Recalled/Assigned: Lehtonen, Barabanov among those assigned to Marlies. Several taxi squad changes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think Barabanov and Lehtonen will really affect anything going forward. If they don't work out they go in the Ozhiganov, Aaltonen, Rosen and Borgman pile. If they work out, it's a second contract like Mikheyev (and Zaitsev).

The only unfortunate thing is I'm not sure they know what we have in them.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This was the perfect storm for adding depth to the blueline, between wanting to be prepared in case of a near repeat of last season's injuries, in addition to the expanded rosters. I thought he might have played more to this point. However, the blueline has mainly been both healthy and effective.

Blueline seems a little shakier after the Edmonton series.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Robertson is back?

upload_2021-3-11_22-22-46.gif

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lets be honest, when a d man gets hurt for an extended period of time, Liljegren will be called up. That might have been why they wanted him around the team so he can be comfortable, as they might need him later.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The only unfortunate thing is I'm not sure they know what we have in them.
I’m on the opposite side of that fence. The team knows a lot more than we do....they’ve got eyes on them all day long, every day.
If they’d beaten guys out, they’d be playing.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Right? It's hard to see the benefit of giving guys like Marincin a call up here.
Besides the fact that it gets Lilly and the others some game time. They cannot sit all season and then be fed to the wolves when needed. This gives barabanov and Lett the chance to actually show something. Much better having MM not even on the ice at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad