Rumor: Lehner requests trade

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Management said earlier this year they wanted a more established backup. JR signed Niemi, who obviously was a failure. Maybe not Lehner, but a vet backup is needed in Pittsburgh. Murray constantly gets injured and he’s played poorly this year. We need this insurance.
Ah I see. That makes sense even though I'm a big believer in Jarry and see him as a high end goalie prospect. Thanks.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Lehner sucks. He’s had countless chances to turn his career around and he didn’t. Comes up as an arrogant whiner who throws fits to boot. I bet he won’t be missed in BUF.

Reactions: pigpen65

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
we need a REAL goalie, not a paranoid headcase

unless youre sending a 1st with him for a 7th no interest whatsoever, the whole islaner interest thing is one poster ONE

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I really don't know much about the situation in BUF but this has "good riddance" written all over it. Lehner never looked happy there. At least that's my impression from the few time they played the Rangers. Also the team seems to lack ... system? Sense?

The rebuild has been going on for so long it seems.

Buffalo targeting Skarek maybe? What are the top goalie prospects?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
P7ssEJt.jpg

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
I really don't know much about the situation in BUF but this has "good riddance" written all over it. Lehner never looked happy there. At least that's my impression from the few time they played the Rangers. Also the team seems to lack ... system? Sense?

Has Lehner ever looked happy?

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
Management said earlier this year they wanted a more established backup. JR signed Niemi, who obviously was a failure. Maybe not Lehner, but a vet backup is needed in Pittsburgh. Murray constantly gets injured and he’s played poorly this year. We need this insurance.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
There was some pushing in Buffalo’s celebration line yesterday between Lehner and another Buffalo player after their win against Boston. I rewound the NESN feed that caught it because watching it live I couldn’t tell if it was playful / joking or not - after watching it 5 or so times it definitely didn’t look like they were joking with each other, it looked personal. Take that for what it’s worth.

Edit for clarification: Chad Johnson was in net for Buffalo yesterday but it was Lehner that was being pushed and was pushing the Buffalo skater back.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

There's actually a couple good ones.

Ukka-Pekka Luuoken, Finnish goalie that did well at the world juniors went in the 2nd Round, but before him there is 2X Reigning AHL All-Star Linus Ullmark.

There's a few others but these are the only two of significance, both have starter/backup potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad