Rumor: Lehner requests trade

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I actually think he has done a decent job this season considering he is getting no goal support and key defensemen like Bogosian have been out all season (McCabe out for rest of season now too).

I think that NYI would be stupid not to at least try to get him. They are dead last in goals against. Getting Brandon Davidson alone will not solve that problem. Halak and Greiss have both stunk big time.

Teams like Carolina, Calgary(Smith is old) and even Florida(Luongo is old) should look at Lehner as well.

Considering he is an upcoming RFA and his numbers this season are average, I doubt Buffalo will be asking for a lot here...maybe a 2nd and a prospect.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
A goalie prospect as the main piece isn't getting you Hoffman. I mean the Sens got one just as good as the secondary piece for Brassard.

At least put up someone like Fox on table if you want your proposal to be taken seriously...

Well obviously something of a lot more value would be added. I was more or less spit balling. I'd think the Sens would think long and hard about Bennett + Rittich/Gillies for Hoffman.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Biggest choker i've seen play goal in the 25+ years i've been a hockey fan. Can only hope he's gone by the end of the day.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Would make sense to me, they need a goalie. Dont know what kind of value Lehner has, no real playoff experience to know for sure he is a clear upgrade over Allen come crunch time...if they make the playoffs
Yeah, Lehner seems like an odd choice to bet on to shore up their goaltending, but I felt the same way about Dubnyk when we traded for him. Put him behind a good defense and maybe he steps up big?

I don't know what he'd cost, but the Blues might be in a place where they take a bit of a calculated risk here.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Pretty sure if the Isles want to get him Greiss has to go the other way, although he's injured. Halak has been playing pretty well as of late though.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I get it. He searching for a new contract this summer and Sabres are searching for a better draft pick. He wants to be put in as best of a position as he can

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Lehner has such a bad attitude. Whenever I see highlights of him he always gets furious and looks like he's about to take someones head off.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
whether he requested a trade or not, we've been shopping him for awhile now... there's a very good chance he gets moved today. He's on the last year of his deal, and I don't think management wants to give him a long term deal, so they'll be pushing to trade him

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What's the story on Jarry? Do they just want him getting more starts in the A to develop?
Management said earlier this year they wanted a more established backup. JR signed Niemi, who obviously was a failure. Maybe not Lehner, but a vet backup is needed in Pittsburgh. Murray constantly gets injured and he’s played poorly this year. We need this insurance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->