News Article: Lehner goes into detail about his time in Buffalo

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Marty Biron had some good thoughts on WGR this morning:

- Sports organizations run media training for athletes. They are taught to stay on message.

- Many in the media will try to get you off message.

- If Robin's intent is to talk about mental health then he is off message by complaining about the Senators, Sabres, and all teams (for not giving him a long term contract).

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
No offence to alcoholism as it's a serious disease, but when you self-admit that you've went out on the ice drunk in a professional sports game where your main job is having stellar eye hand coordination, I don't think you have much room to insult people on how they do their job.

Guy is a clown in every take he ever states publicly, related to Sabres or not irregardless.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Marty Biron had some good thoughts on WGR this morning:

- Sports organizations run media training for athletes. They are taught to stay on message.

- Many in the media will try to get you off message.

- If Robin's intent is to talk about mental health then he is off message by complaining about the Senators, Sabres, and all teams (for not giving him a long term contract).

This is just very unintelligent by Biron lol.

-To fix mental problems you must get help.

-To get help you must tell people about it.

->If you will be underpaid for the rest of your career despite performing tremendously well if you tell people about mental health issues — people won’t do it.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

->If you will be underpaid for the rest of your career despite performing tremendously well if you tell people about mental health issues — people won’t do it.

-to ask for help you must be in an environment surrounded by people you feel safe disclosing those personal issues with

Sports, especially hockey, locker rooms aren't known for providing that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
-to ask for help you must be in an environment surrounded by people you feel safe disclosing those personal issues with

Sports, especially hockey, locker rooms aren't known for providing that.

I know them pretty well and not sure this is the case, but it’s besides the point.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Biron was referring to talking to the media to create awareness about mental health.

I should have directly quoted him, so you wouldn't have been confused by what I wrote.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Biron was referring to talking to the media to create awareness about mental health.

I should have directly quoted him, so you wouldn't have been confused by what I wrote.

Sorry no matter what it’s just dumb. Biron fails to understand the connection between the problems with mental health and the fact that people that have issues with it are discriminated.

This is what people need to become aware of. By discriminating people with mental health issues you create more mental health problems, because people will try to hide them. This is exactly what Lehner is saying.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Sorry no matter what it’s just dumb. Biron fails to understand the connection between the problems with mental health and the fact that people that have issues with it are discriminated.

This is what people need to become aware of. By discriminating people with mental health issues you create more mental health problems, because people will try to hide them. This is exactly what Lehner is saying.
If that is what Lehner is trying to say, then he is off message. He is not getting his point across because he is bitching about other stuff that is distracting from his message.

Reactions: brian_griffin

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
The lack of understanding and compassion about those with mental health disorders shown in this thread is extremely telling.
True but unfortunately not surprising. And obviously not just in this thread. Biron in particular, while a pleasant and generally well meaning guy, is just unaware and misinformed about a lot of things he comments on.

Reactions: SnS

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
boy oh boy what comment can I make that wont be torn apart by one side or the other...
nvm Lehner sucks and that trade to get him was lopsided. I hope to see him fight one of the Paul brothers soon just to make money after he craters again.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Why is it unreasonable to think Lehner can't compartmentalize his opinions while playing here? Regardless of anything else the doctors really pulled the chute on the ankle rehab if he needed surgery because of an injury after it was sprained.

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

yes but talk to a therapist or friends not a news outlet;
its like the opposite of getting better its making things worse

Reactions: Jacob582

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
yes but talk to a therapist or friends not a news outlet;
its like the opposite of getting better its making things worse

The teams should provide professional help, not what the Islanders and co did to Lehner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad