Confirmed with Link: Lehner and Legwand to BUF for 21st overall

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015
Guys why are we worried?

We know all of Lehner's weaknesses right?? Right?? pls someone

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Fail if it was for only a 1st. What a waste of development.

Got to remember the dump. That all by itself is something. 21 gives us another shot at a player were had at 18 range. Or package to move up. 18, 21, 42, 48.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I've thought about it for like 5 minutes.

Really like this deal.

I'll check back in a few hours to see the chaos unfolding in here.

Dat cap/roster spot dump is sweet.. nevermind the 1st!

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Keeping Hammond and acquiring O'Connor makes this an alright move for me.

Now we just need the Greening and Phillips contracts gone and we're sitting pretty good for a big contract.

BigBush*

Some people on this board have been so dumb lately, and not just Sens fans.

The amount of times I heard people say Murray screwed himself by signing 3 goalies and how it was terrible asset management...

This is so awesome

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Wasnt there a reported quote from Karlsson about his Swedish teammates being plucked away? Well here's another one.

Lehner was barely around this year anyway. EK had just gone through a divorce too so that's likely a compounding factor at the time.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Solid deal, excellent value considering the timing and circumstances of the goalie trade market right now. The market was flooded with avail goalies in Talbot and Lack, and we managed to score a good 1st round pick in a crazy-deep draft year.

Hopefully our scouts knock it out of the park with the 21st pick.

I only wish it was Greening instead of Legwand but there's lots of time left for other deals.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Keeping Hammond and acquiring O'Connor makes this an alright move for me.

Now we just need the Greening and Phillips contracts gone and we're sitting pretty good for a big contract.

Meh. Hammond's nothing special but there was literally no interest for him around the league, apparently. I would've kept Lehner/Anderson combo around for 2 more seasons and then seen where Lehner was development wise. If he still struggled, move him and bring O'Conner up to compete/back up Anderson. Once Anderson gets too up there in age, let O'COnnor take over.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I'm glad we made that deal. I think that we had a better return because Buffalo are in the same division as us. I'm pretty sure we would have a worse deal if Lehner would have gone to the west.

You ask for more when you trade with a team in your division.

Now, what if Murray use a 1st and 2nd to get higher ? Would you guys do it ? We would get a better player and still would have our original 3 pick that we had before the trade.

WhiteLight*

I think this will be a steal for BUF down the road.... people think TMurray is a ****, but the guy knows talent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad