Confirmed with Link: Lefebvre relieved of his duties. Search for a new coach in Laval thread

Who Should Be Laval's Next Coach?

• Total voters

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He will put on a fake moustache only to get another job in the organization.

The Bobby Valentine Special, lol.

3d5630083d452083f04b581d1d6b1b6f.jpg

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Didn't Carriere just say he was very happy with the work he did in Laval like last week??

Yeah I guess Carriere is next on the list. Or these guys don't talk to each other. How can you be satisfied by his work (30th and last in the league), decide to fire him, and then keep your job. Anyway not sure what Carriere was doing anyway. The ones i want gone are the PK coach and the pro scout(s) who recommanded the hire of Alzner/Ott/Martinsen/King/Lucic/Bonino as 2C/Hemsky/Streit/Semin/Schlemko/Benn

Reactions: dralaf

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
"I would like to sincerely thank Sylvain for his loyalty, his hard work and his contribution to the Montreal Canadiens' organization over the past six seasons with Hamilton, St. John's and Laval. Challenges are extremely demanding as a Head Coach in the AHL, and Sylvain and his group had to overcome several difficult situations over the years. The decision to remove Sylvain from his coaching duties was a difficult one because I have a lot of respect for him and I consider him to be an excellent coach. I took the time to discuss the situation with Larry Carrière, and concluded that our development team needed a new direction in the head coaching position," said Bergevin.

Hopefully he's completely gone from the Habs organization for good. They should've cleaned house there including Larry Carrière while they were at it.

Reactions: Runner77

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Well, it's 3-4 years late.....better late than nothing though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Relieved of current duties. It’s not what is said...it’s what is not being said. I bet he is still moved to JJD’s spot.

Reactions: Zorba

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Did Sly have a bad attitude?

he was too doggy

"I would like to sincerely thank Sylvain for his loyalty, his hard work and his contribution to the Montreal Canadiens' organization over the past six seasons with Hamilton, St. John's and Laval. Challenges are extremely demanding as a Head Coach in the AHL, and Sylvain and his group had to overcome several difficult situations over the years. The decision to remove Sylvain from his coaching duties was a difficult one because I have a lot of respect for him and I consider him to be an excellent coach. I took the time to discuss the situation with Larry Carrière, and concluded that our development team needed a new direction in the head coaching position," said Bergevin.

Reactions: OldCraig71

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Bouchard !!!!!!!

We need him

Personally..he would be head coach with the big team but with Julien's contract.....

Bouchard has the complete package`

Great communicator with his players and the press
Great motivator
Can be tough with his players
So good technically

Charisma.

even a good looking guy..lol

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I remember MB saying after the PC that he thought it was not fair to give criticisme to SL since he lost all of his best players to the Habs because of injury. I didn't think he would fire him... but he did. I'm suprised.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Good.

Now we get to see if we were right about ahl coaches mattering in development, once and for all.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
91.9 sport call the Habs and Saillant confirme to them, that Sly is finish in MTL he don't gonna have an others post in the organisation

That's good then. It was a change that was long overdue. Hopefully they can find a better development coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad