Least Favorite All-Time Ranger?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Holik is the guy. He played for the Devils. Sather gave him $9M per season. Holik sucked as a Ranger. The Rangers ended up buying him. I never liked Bruce Driver either. Another former Devil.

Add ... MacLean to that list.

a lot of guys, who came up with Devils or Isles, passed thru NYR locker room (Driver, MacLean, McLean, Verbeek, Gomez, Sykora, Dunham, Berard, Finley, Malakhov, McCabe, Berg, Flatley, ...)

i think the only one I ever embraced as ours while he was here was Shanny
(Healy, Gilbert get some slack for obvious reasons)

Kaspar, too, i guess, he was finishing career still intense and fun
Rupp was a good team guy

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
Chris Drury.

I hated him when he was on Buffalo. I hated him when he was on the Rangers. He was so bad for us it was embarrassing to watch. Then he was injured and refused to retire. We had to buyout the rest of his 7 million dollar bloated contract.

And now he is GM. Ugh. At least we are winning.

Whenever anything goes wrong, he gets 100% of the blame from me.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
a lot of guys, who came up with Devils or Isles, passed thru NYR locker room (Driver, MacLean, McLean, Verbeek, Gomez, Sykora, Dunham, Berard, Finley, Malakhov, McCabe, Berg, Flatley, ...)

Rupp was a good team guy

I loved Verbeek

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Had add one
First name escapes me at the moment but he wore number 12 or 19 but Osborne was the name. I think he played well for a bit very quickly lost his skills.
Carol Vadnais is another one, for some reason just never liked him

Ozzy? You're actually referring to Mark Osborne, who was a two time Ranger. They actually brought him back after we won the Cup for the shortened lockout season. He was basically useless at that point.

Reactions: Wtp99

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Was at the game. I knew it was over for Lafontaine immediately when it happened. The energy was completely sucked out of the building...not that there was much energy during that horrible season.

LaFontaine was one of the few bright spots. Considering it was his last season, he had a good season for the Rangers. Such a shame. Behind The Great One in points that season. Savard’s first few games imagine if the Rangers kept Savard.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lundqvist. Just kidding.

Maybe Lindros? But that’s just because he’s not a likable guy — regardless of the team for which he plays. Never cares for ex-Devils either (but that’s just blind bias).

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I never liked Robbie Ftorek. He wore this stupid looking helmet. Ftorek wore these stupid looking sweaters as the Kings head coach

78814.jpg
Makes Kunitz’s helmets look small:
kpk0ke-21kunitzlarge.jpg
Sticker_Mushroom_-_Mario_Party_Superstars.png

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT

Rupp was a good team guy

True I remember hating that Holik was a Ranger during those times. He had no business being on the ice with the Rangers.

Reactions: CasusBelli

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
True I remember hating that Holik was a Ranger during those times. He had no business being on the ice with the Rangers.

to those of us who recall him as that big young 2-way C for Whalers, before he became a Devil, Holik is slightly different case,

Holik, for me, is in the bucket with Keane and Skrudland, Jokinen, and other guys who came for money, or got traded here, but never embraced being NYR

while tempted to put E.Staal there too (NYR certainly paid well for the most forgettable hockey of his NHL career)
gotta also maybe blame AV, who rarely played him at C, or gave him consistent line or role

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I never liked Robbie Ftorek. He wore this stupid looking helmet. Ftorek wore these stupid looking sweaters as the Kings head coach.

78814.jpg

EGi9NgxX0AAaRuj

Dave Taylor, Luc Robitaille and Ron Duguay.
A guy on my high school team wore that helmet. It looked much softer inside than the typical CCM and Cooper helmets.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Ozzy? You're actually referring to Mark Osborne, who was a two time Ranger. They actually brought him back after we won the Cup for the shortened lockout season. He was basically useless at that point.
That’s right he was brought back and was useless. Think that’s the period I really disliked him.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Can we do coaches too? Because I despised AV.

I can’t say I hate Tanner Glass, in hindsight. Maybe while he was actually still on the team. I basically blame AV for creating the meteor sized crater in a cup contending lineup by playing him.
If I can put my 2 cents for coaches, my number 1 is Bryan Trottier.
Though there are a couple of others, this was the worst for me.
Still makes want to vomit

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Alexander Daigle. Holik. Lindros. Phil Bourque cause he sucked with us after killing us with the pens. Fleury was not a good Ranger. Redden. Quintal basically publicly stated he wanted to leave to play for Montreal. Keane because he ended Lafontaine's career. Scott Gomez. What an annoying perimeter player he was. Trottier and Ron Lowe were hard re: coaches. Pavel Brendl. Lias Andersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad