League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
^^ somehow these players are better than the ones I get on my main which is 3 divisions higher

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Did placements for the first time in 3 or 4 years, got placed S4. Went 5-5 (9 games Support, 1 game Top). I really enjoy playing support but I worry about the potential to climb, as I always seem to have a mid laner that goes 0/10 in the first 10 minutes in the majority of my games. I feel I can carry games pretty well as support, but when the carries just play stupid it doesn't matter how many kills you secure them early.

Not sure if I should just spam mid instead. I play a mean Dianna.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Did placements for the first time in 3 or 4 years, got placed S4. Went 5-5 (9 games Support, 1 game Top). I really enjoy playing support but I worry about the potential to climb, as I always seem to have a mid laner that goes 0/10 in the first 10 minutes in the majority of my games. I feel I can carry games pretty well as support, but when the carries just play stupid it doesn't matter how many kills you secure them early.

Not sure if I should just spam mid instead. I play a mean Dianna.
Once you start playing mid, that's going to turn into 0/10 botlanes. If you really like supporting, just play it. The role is in a great spot.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I was super hyped for Pyke, but I'm not feeling it.

His kit is so boring outside the roaming potential. You just E in, stand there, do basically nothing and then hope someone gets into execute range before you die.

It just feels like you're playing an assassin from way behind. Hopefully the hotfix buffs help. I'm not even sure if his ult makes him worth taking over any other actual good assassin at support right now.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm not sure if it's way easier to climb at ADC or if I just suck at support.

My smurf is now 10lp ahead of my main with an 84% win rate playing only Ashe and Trist(because I can't afford any other ADCs yet haha).

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can't win anything. I'm on my way to bronze :laugh:

Cant carry any game at all, I'm trying all sorts of stupid shit and nothing is working. The new jungle is f***ing terrible.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Well that was interesting.

I somehow ended up in a Plat 2/3 game on my smurf. I'm low gold and I basically didn't play ADC until I made this smurf, so needless to say I got destroyed haha.

Our comp didn't really help either. Basically every fight was my Lee/Aatrox/Rakan/Vlad diving the other's teams equally feeding Varus while their Yi/Kled/Talon dove me with Kled ult.

I've never been flamed more in my life haha.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Well that was interesting.

I somehow ended up in a Plat 2/3 game on my smurf. I'm low gold and I basically didn't play ADC until I made this smurf, so needless to say I got destroyed haha.

Our comp didn't really help either. Basically every fight was my Lee/Aatrox/Rakan/Vlad diving the other's teams equally feeding Varus while their Yi/Kled/Talon dove me with Kled ult.

I've never been flamed more in my life haha.
Oh god I don't even play ADC and reading this gave me shivers lol.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
The balance team deserves to be fired and never work in a job like this again. How you manage to f*** up a game like this so badly is beyond me, the only thing I can think of is they did it on purpose

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Not a fan of the ADC changes.

Was having fun on my smurf, but now the five ADCs I own on that account are in the bottom 6 for win rate haha.

RIP crit ADCs.

Reactions: Natey

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I was super hyped for Pyke, but I'm not feeling it.

His kit is so boring outside the roaming potential. You just E in, stand there, do basically nothing and then hope someone gets into execute range before you die.

It just feels like you're playing an assassin from way behind. Hopefully the hotfix buffs help. I'm not even sure if his ult makes him worth taking over any other actual good assassin at support right now.
Build him as a tank. He's seriously really strong that way.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Not a fan of the ADC changes.

Was having fun on my smurf, but now the five ADCs I own on that account are in the bottom 6 for win rate haha.

RIP crit ADCs.
I was climbing with Varus, was about to hit Gold (even after he and Rageblade were nerfed), but then this patch came and it takes 300 more gold to get my first two items. And 9 / 10 games, I build Botrk 5th, so that money saved doesn't really help till way later. Ugh.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The balance team deserves to be fired and never work in a job like this again. How you manage to **** up a game like this so badly is beyond me, the only thing I can think of is they did it on purpose
Really? There's a million characters and a million items. And they just change everything constantly. It'll never be balanced.

WoW (which I don't really play) has far less options and is never balanced either.

Every fighting game ever, has like 1/6th of the characters and is never balanced - and they don't even have items.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Really? There's a million characters and a million items. And they just change everything constantly. It'll never be balanced.

WoW (which I don't really play) has far less options and is never balanced either.

Every fighting game ever, has like 1/6th of the characters and is never balanced - and they don't even have items.
I understand it can't be perfectly balanced, nothing can. And it shouldn't be. However what they've done in the past few months cant be defended by "oh look at all these games, they aren't balanced so why should league be?" The jungle changes, the adc changes, the general state of certain champions, It's the worst state of league I can remember in my 5-6 years of playing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I understand it can't be perfectly balanced, nothing can. And it shouldn't be. However what they've done in the past few months cant be defended by "oh look at all these games, they aren't balanced so why should league be?" The jungle changes, the adc changes, the general state of certain champions, It's the worst state of league I can remember in my 5-6 years of playing.
You're right about declining quality.. I've only been playing 1 and a half years. And I can't think of any positive changes except Rift.

I'm a crappy silver 1 player (any other crappy people want to try to hit gold together??) though, so maybe I'm just bad.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I thought they were doing pretty good until the last few patches.

The jungle changes at least weren't as bad as we first thought, but the ADC item changes are nonsensical.

They changed ADCs into slower scaling, late game tank killers, so SURPRISE, everyone stopped playing tanks and now the role is basically obsolete.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I feel like the golden rule of soloQ right now is if you aren't playing Irelia or Vlad, you ban Irelia or Vlad.

I can't even count how many losses I've had on this patch where my top/mid pick some dumb shit like Wukong, leaves them open and then you're forced to just sit there and helplessly watch them 1v9.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I feel like the golden rule of soloQ right now is if you aren't playing Irelia or Vlad, you ban Irelia or Vlad.

I can't even count how many losses I've had on this patch where my top/mid pick some dumb **** like Wukong, leaves them open and then you're forced to just sit there and helplessly watch them 1v9.
Swain for a time too... zed, Kayn and talon are also huge ATM in low elo. Every time I see one against me i dodge.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've tanked so much rating just f***ing around on stuff in every role haha.

I can see why some pros are having a hard time taking this meta seriously.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
I haven't played League in a while and just checked the League subreddit.

wtf happened to the meta? Are ADC's bad now?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I haven't played League in a while and just checked the League subreddit.

wtf happened to the meta? Are ADC's bad now?

Most of them.

Riot basically made games much shorter, made ADCs scale slower, buffed bruisers and nerfed ADCs all at the same time and it's created this weird Season One-esque meta.

The patch that just dropped should tone that down and bring things back closer to normal again.

Reactions: Raymoondo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad