Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win!

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Bowen - best in the business, miss him so much on the TV. I try to sync up the radio broadcast but it's not a constant delay, I have to adjust too much and ultimately becomes too distracting and just revert back to Cuthbert and the dreaded Simpson
Just be glad you didn't tune into the Islanders broadcast . . . you should have heard them talk about Bunting "diving" before his penalty shot call . . . then they watched the replay, and just silence and a few words . . . it was classic. American broadcasts are so god-awful homerist and don't understand the nuances of the game or appreciate good overall hockey plays like we Canadians do.

If you get it, you get it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Just be glad you didn't tune into the Islanders broadcast . . . you should have heard them talk about Bunting "diving" before his penalty shot call . . . then they watched the replay, and just silence and a few words . . . it was classic. American broadcasts are so god-awful homerist and don't understand the nuances of the game or appreciate good overall hockey plays like we Canadians do.

If you get it, you get it.
I remember a game last year from the Florida broadcast. They talked all game like the Leafs were just diving all over the ice trying to buy calls, and one of them brought up the Leafs being one of the least penalized teams in the league with the other one responding "thats not shocking at all", clearly insinuating they think there's some bias favoring the Leafs.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Sammy another great game
Potentially we could have a tough decision this summer.
Thank god he is an RFA
Not that hard of a decision. Pay Sammy his value and see if you can keep Murray or not.

Murray has played himself into a tradeable asset this year.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I remember a game last year from the Florida broadcast. They talked all game like the Leafs were just diving all over the ice trying to buy calls, and one of them brought up the Leafs being one of the least penalized teams in the league with the other one responding "thats not shocking at all", clearly insinuating they think there's some bias favoring the Leafs.
It's always hilarious when people point out that the Leafs don't take a lot of penalties yet omit the fact that over the last 4+ years the Leafs are also at the bottom in power play opportunities.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Samsonov with another great game. Like I said a few ago, it was time to give the hot hand a run. Goalies wanna play when they’re feeling good.

I hope McMann gets a goal soon, he deserves it. Holmberg was a little off his game. Timmins need to work on the defensive side of the game.

I like how Rielly has quieted down his game and has been a little more effective. I’m sure playing with Lily has had a positive impact.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Good win. Sammy did well in the first while the boys were napping. Then the boys just showed up and did the job.

Willie was buzzing all night. JT got that extra jump. AM and MM were also good. Really like McMann and Holmberg, these two needs to stay in the line up.
Lilly is becoming a tough cookie. Think Gio might need to cut down his hard mins to recharge a bit.
Lastly, Kerfoot and Engvall needs to be more aggressive around the net.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
487 posts on a OTL to MTL in the PGT and, 87 posts for a comeback win against the Islanders. I love it.

Awful first 20, Captain and Willy stepped up and so did the entire team in the second and then played a solid 3rd to close out the game. This is why you don't over react in game 47 of the regular season, the team is good enough to slack off and still win games.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
487 posts on a OTL to MTL in the PGT and, 87 posts for a comeback win against the Islanders. I love it.

Awful first 20, Captain and Willy stepped up and so did the entire team in the second and then played a solid 3rd to close out the game. This is why you don't over react in game 47 of the regular season, the team is good enough to slack off and still win games.
But a lot of those posts in the Habs post game thread were Habs fans coming in pretending to be Leafs fans and saying Leafs sucks bc their beloved Habs got two points instead of none and a step further away from Bedard.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Samsonov played bloody well in the first, he gave the boys a chance to compose themselves and get back into the game

Once the boys got going though good things happened, there wasn't any debate over who the better team with the superior personnel was once we started rolling

Nice to see the boys turn the game around under a bit of adversity, if we want to win in crunch time we need to remember how we did it and show that type of composure

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Joe Bowen:

Thanks for this, I missed the game.

Great night for Willy. But, I was most impressed with Liljegren saying, 'enough' and engaging the Islander player who was roughing him up. I want to see more players do it. You don't have to initiate it, but damn if you're on the receiving end, make sure they know you ain't taking it lightly. Good on ya TL.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
We deserve this

This makes me crave p…. pineapple so badly right now.

25F6F893-B456-442A-B9AF-3EA81FC09ADF.jpeg

Oooooh yeah Brother!!!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Not that hard of a decision. Pay Sammy his value and see if you can keep Murray or not.

Murray has played himself into a tradeable asset this year.
I’m wondering if trading Murray and bringing up Woll is viable. We could use the cap space and Murray has proven to have value.

Would love to see Woll called up and get a chance to start a few games…

Samsonov has been excellent and Willy? Just wow…. That is all. Wow.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Wow. Nylander has a great second period and all Keefe can talk about is Tavares. Give this guy a little credit.
Keefe saying it like it is, JT's best game in years
I think leafblooded has it right.

Willy has been easily our best player many nights, and tonight was just another one. JT wasn't as good, but it was his best game in a long time. He needs the boost more.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I’m wondering if trading Murray and bringing up Woll is viable. We could use the cap space and Murray has proven to have value.

Would love to see Woll called up and get a chance to start a few games…

Samsonov has been excellent and Willy? Just wow…. That is all. Wow.
I thought about this. Imagine if Murray ended up on another playoff team and got hot? It would be chaos. :). I think they will ride them both but it would give us the cap room to make another significant addition.

Reactions: LeafSteel

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Why would that be a surprise?
A) was a Saturday night
B) the team played terrible, always way more to discuss when the team is awful.
C) half the post were the same 6 people or so complaining about those discussing the loss. DDL was on full alert after that game.

Reactions: leafsfan5 and egd27

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I think leafblooded has it right.

Willy has been easily our best player many nights, and tonight was just another one. JT wasn't as good, but it was his best game in a long time. He needs the boost more.

Absolutely. But it's the way it was done. He was asked about Nylander's 4 point period. He said something to the effect like yeah he had 2 great goals but John....

He just could've sang Nylander's praises for a minute first and then gotten to Tavares. I don't think that would've been too much to ask really. Tavares was great. Best period of hockey all year.

Just think Nylander deserved a little bit of something in the post game presser that's all.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad