Post-Game Talk: Leafs win- promote Bean and Kim to co head coach

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
They do a good job at review, not sure you'd want them coaching though.
Makes sense for the OP though, next he'll want Jeffler and Dangle for co-GM.
It’s sarcasm dude. Lol. The video coach potentially won us the game though.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It was great to see the teams two best players be the best players on the same night.
Too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Team is going no where though if they don't find some depth scoring.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It was great to see the teams two best players be the best players on the same night.

I think they have enough talent to put together a good team.

Perhaps they need better management to know what the combinations should be.

Cap Hit, after the fact, shouldn't determine role.

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Why exactly is Nylander on the ice in the last 5 mins of a game when trying to preserve a lead? The guy is totally lost on the D-side of the rink.

Reactions: Gilmour1996 and 666

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I'm going to laugh if he gets a nice juicy extension based on a decent stretch with Matthews. But hey, if it works...
I wouldn't say I like any extension based on a nice stretch. if he is decent in the 1st line, the Leafs should extend (not juicy though) him ASAP so that Knies can play in the 3rd line.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Couldn't agree more, our two point leaders Nylander and Matthews we're excellent. Nylander once again with two huge primary assists. Set up virtually an open net goal for Marner to score on the PP with a beautiful pass through the defenders legs. Now leads leaf with 59 points, a few more than 2nd place Matthews with 54.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I will take the two points and move on. Hopefully the team knows Jones(1st period) and AM saved them tonight.
But the team is lacking speed or at the very least, players need to move their feet more.
They absolutely need to move their feet…and demonstrate a higher level of defensive awareness, transition and distribution.

The two points feel incidental if there’s no structural improvement.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007

Phil the thrill anyone ?

Reactions: ACC1224

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Quietly Holmberg has 7 points in his last 7 games. Making the most playing up in the lineup with no PP time
He's locking very solid on his skates, makes smart plays and is responsible defensively. It would be a huge bonus from a young talent and cap management perspective if he could play a top 9 role for us.

Reactions: Buds17 and Jojalu

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Matthews and Leaf video review saved them in this one from another disaster in a poorly played Leafs game.
Saved them from being in a tie game with time left. Though it would be moot had the play been properly stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillNy29

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Same shot 2 games in a row.

Yeah, I know it has been said, including by me, but they don't need a superstar goaltender, they just need an average goaltender that can make stops NHL goaltenders make all the time.

Give them a top 10 goaltender and they're probably a favorite.
I mean if you exclude Sammys play time we have exactly top 10 goaltending with a .918 sv%. We are 17-10-2. About 17th in GAA with 2.6 (.14 or 1 goal per 7 games behind 10th) but that’s more on team imo. We aren’t world beaters

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

It is actually quite telling that MM rarely showed he is a top player in the game this season. Overall, he is okay. I know some will throw his stats at me and then say stuff like he is having a great season by anyone standard….but let’s face it, MM just not his dominant self this season. Kind of like AM last season or the season before where his shot just wasn’t the same.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Why exactly is Nylander on the ice in the last 5 mins of a game when trying to preserve a lead? The guy is totally lost on the D-side of the rink.
I think the plan is not to sit on a lead by playing d. Keep attacking

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
If Keefe didn’t get the glove pass call and Calgary went on to win…..he’d be under severe pressure today. His body language is of a man who is desperate to get his team to win, play 60 min. I feel bad for him because as good a fill in Jones has been, he’s not a number one goalie. There always a potential for a bad rebound, lost angle, bad goal. That plays on the mindset of the team. Sammy has lost all confidence to take the net. Woll might not even be the answer. It’s a huge question mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad