Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win - Murray beats Ottawa and still getting paid by them LOL

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I learned a few things
1. Murray is not ready to play. The most awkward goalie I have ever seen. Looks like his ankles cannot hold him. No ability to stay on his feet. The timing goal he was blown over by a breeze. With Sammy hurt (when the frig did that happen), we should be playing Woll.
2. Thank goodness we will only be playing good teams in playoffs. Ottawa looked like the playoff team.
3. Keefe is screwing with the dmen so much we have NOT got 1 pair capable of being ready for playoffs
4. Keefe had Holl on the ice at the end.WTF
5. AM is 80% of his ability. Very little intensity.

Go Leafs Go.....please
Murray was excellent.
Samsonov is waiting for the birth of his child
Holl is often on the ice at the end of games especially close ones and penalty kills

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Still team Samsonov for starter come playoff time.

Great win. Murray played well.

Two good goalies, what a weird strength to have now as a leaf fan.

P.s Play Schenn more.
A bit too early to say that IMO considering how bad Murray has been last couple of months. He was fantastic last night though so definitely hoping he turns it around now. Obviously would be nice to have some confidence in a second goalie going into the playoffs, but also important that he raises his trade value as I think the plan might be to roll with Sammy and Woll next season.

Reactions: fahad203

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Only saw the third and OT. Blew a two goal lead to a pretender who had an AHL goalie and it took a skills competition to do it. The same skills competition that triggers some when we lose them. Isles should be a better test on Tuesday. Fighting for a WC spot but returning from a Western road trip. We should win.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
When the Sens are purchased, I hope they move to a location with local fans
Are you talking about the location of a new arena? Because it’s been stated many times that a condition of the purpose is that the team remains in Ottawa.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Decent result from Murray, but he still plays way too deep in the net. WAY too deep. One of the shootout goals scored on him would have been a goal even if he stopped it with his pad because his entire pad was behind the goal line. This is his biggest issue from what I see.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The sens board post game is funertainment though...
Honestly though, we should have lost by 3 or 4 goals, that was a dog shit effort from almost everybody except Murray. Glad we got the 2 points, but that was one of our worst games of the season. One of the rare times where goaltending stole the game for us, feels good but also feels bad seeing the boys get outplayed like that.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Had a family function to attend, caught bits and pieces of the game.

Good to see Murray steal one for us. He can build on that performance.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
The only 4 good things about this team are all point per game. You don't need to watch any games to know a points % of >=70% is guaranteed.

But when you do watch.....oh boy. The remaining assemble of 14/18 is "mind boggling"

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
The only 4 good things about this team are all point per game. You don't need to watch any games to know a points % of >=70% is guaranteed.

But when you do watch.....oh boy. The remaining assemble of 14/18 is "mind boggling"

The Leafs have allowed the 3rd fewest goals against in the league to this point.

What is your explanation of how that happened if the big 4 PPGers are the only good thing?

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
4/4 points, from 2/2 horrible performances.

Good on Kerfoot.

Don't think the goalie situation is as set in stone as some believe.
The Leafs against the Hurricanes was not a horrible performance. but okay. Tonight's game wasn't a good one from them but they found a way to get it done.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
13 games left. When can we expect them to start consistently looking playoff ready ?
When can we start to actually build chemistry with our lines and more importantly D pairings?

Very disappointed and worried we aren’t giving enough time to D pairings to gel since the big trades. Also disappointed in keefes handling of our best D in lilly… now his confidence is shot he’s playing bad.

Reactions: CincoHolio

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Murray was excellent.
Samsonov is waiting for the birth of his child
Holl is often on the ice at the end of games especially close ones and penalty kills
Murray was good not excellent. Senators had a lot of low quality shots mixed in with a few high quality chances.
Samsonov should be the main guy for the rest of the season.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Jarnkrok in the top 6 has been money.

I know I said this earlier in the year when he was clicking with Marner and Tavares, we should be nurturing his potential to be a top 6 mainstay. You cannot argue with the price for the next 3 years if he proves capable of sticking around there. That’s a huge a win for a cap team

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Was reading the Sens thread and there are some pretty odd takes on people selling their tickets to Leaf fans.
Reminds me of the pre-tank days when some people believed ticket holders should boycott the games. :laugh:

The loudest ones always seem to be the ones with no stake in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad