Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win - Murray beats Ottawa and still getting paid by them LOL

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Was reading the Sens thread and there are some pretty odd takes on people selling their tickets to Leaf fans.
Reminds me of the pre-tank days when some people believed ticket holders should boycott the games. :laugh:

The loudest ones always seem to be the ones:laugh: with no stake in the game.
They now have their own thread about not selling tickets to leaf fans and they want to ban leaf jerseys in their arena:laugh::laugh:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
To be fair to the Sens fans, we would not likely feel any differently if the roles were reversed. Being badly out represented in your own barn is a real bad look - and it happens every time we play them in Ottawa. There will be some extreme takes but most are likely understandable

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Was reading the Sens thread and there are some pretty odd takes on people selling their tickets to Leaf fans.
Reminds me of the pre-tank days when some people believed ticket holders should boycott the games. :laugh:

The loudest ones always seem to be the ones with no stake in the game.
The good things in life never change.

One of my favorite Leaf memories will be Alfie getting boo'd in his "home" rink during games.

Otherwise, I couldn't give a rip about the Senaturds and their fans. Their Team plays us hard, and their fans whine hard. Pretty much always the case......

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
That's great, but I was talking about their defense.

Ottawa stands 21st for shots against, 20th for team save% and 19th for xGA so they are pretty much below average/mediocre across the board this season defensively and in net.

One of those times you can't really blame one thing or another (except the goalie injuries I guess) for their goals against. Both need to get better for them.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Hopefully the Sens first "home" game with Reynolds as owner is a Leaf game. Show him quickly he bought the little brother of two different teams.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
To be fair to the Sens fans, we would not likely feel any differently if the roles were reversed. Being badly out represented in your own barn is a real bad look - and it happens every time we play them in Ottawa. There will be some extreme takes but most are likely understandable
Why would anyone, as a fan, be embarrassed? Fans should demand management to put a better product on the ice to attract home fans. MANAGEMENT should be embarrassed.

Lol that’s hilarious. Maybe if their franchise wasn’t a joke and so irrelevant, they would have more fans to pack their arena.
Well, the arena is the Canadian Tire Centre after all. Any Canadian worth his salt knows that Canadian Tire merchandise is low quality, and you never pay regular price for low quality.

Reactions: Fonzieleaf

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Fun game to be at. Atmosphere was great!

Thought we started really good, but then halfway through the first faded fast. Too many turnovers.

Despite being on the back to back, thought the guys played really hard all game. Definitely gave it whatever they had. Add ROR and Acciari back in, and swap Holl for Gio and that is a rockin lineup. To that end, didn't think Timmy or Holl were very good. ZAR back to his old self; 24 and 74 minimal impact but nothing bad out of them.

I will say it again, and even double down after seeing him in person, Kampf plays a mans game. Perhaps undetected but he is so strong and smart.

As the game wore on, we were extremely opportunistic, something skilled teams can do. Murry was effin great, though had to battle a bouncing puck all night... that rink also gives the weirdest bounces off shoot-ins and rebounds.

Matthews was phenomenal all game. Really stood out. Stutzle stood out for the Sens. Shoutout to Jarnkrok. Even without the goals, he was all over it all night. If he can bring that even 66% of the time, that is a value contract.

Kerfoot doing Kerfoot things. ha ha gotta love the unexpected hero!

Thought the officiating was unbalanced. I mean, par for the course I guess.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Is it just me or did HNIC show more of the Leafs' fans celebrating last night at an Ottawa home game? It's almost like they were trying to rile up the Ottawa viewers. On our end it feels neutral 'cos it's our people. On their end it might feel like rubbing their noses in it. Anyways, may be it's just me.

Looking at the shots scatter graph @ HockeyReference, the Leafs had 25 shots top of the circles and in. Ottawa had 31 top of the circles and in while having 20 more distant shots on goal (Leafs 2!).

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Murray was excellent.
Samsonov is waiting for the birth of his child
Holl is often on the ice at the end of games especially close ones and penalty kills
Murray was NOT excellent.
Keefe did not say anything about birth of a child, he said it was a minor injury.
Holl should NOT be on the ice at the end of a game if any other time. In case you missed it, we gave up a goal in the kast few seconds, again.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Sens fans cfying about Leafs fans buying up all the tickets. Can you imagine the financial turmoil the sens would be in without the Leafs fans?

Kinda sad that their fan base relies on us helping them fill seats.

Love to see how brutal their jersey sales are in comparison to the rest of the league.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Ottawa stands 21st for shots against, 20th for team save% and 19th for xGA so they are pretty much below average/mediocre across the board this season defensively and in net.

One of those times you can't really blame one thing or another (except the goalie injuries I guess) for their goals against. Both need to get better for them.
I just said their defense is not great. What are you actually arguing here? The difference between Not Great and Mediocre?

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Keefe did not say anything about birth of a child, he said it was a minor injury.
Holl should NOT be on the ice at the end of a game if any other time. In case you missed it, we gave up a goal in the kast few seconds, again.
He was excellent for like 90% of the game to be fair.
the first goal was a crazy fluke. The concerning thing for me was the late goals. factoring in the one that got disallowed, it just a bad look. Still he was Pretty dominant for much of that game.

Reactions: banks

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
From TSN:

Ilya Samsonov, who made 32 saves in a win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, did not travel with the team to Ottawa as he is dealing with some minor injuries and he and his wife are expecting a baby, TSN's Claire Hanna reports.

Reactions: bax

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Murray was excellent. Samsonov is having a child. Holl is usually on the ice at the end of games and on the penalty kill.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

This does happen in Toronto if you’re a Jays fans and go see a Yankees or Red Sox game at the dome. Don’t think I’ve seen Jays fans talk about not selling tickets to opposing fans or banning opposing team jerseys in the stands.

Reactions: CincoHolio

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Man, they sure are a sour bunch over there. One poster even brought up the RSU (Red Scarf Union), a local group of idiot Sens fans who've done such novel things as organize a "Spezza Appreciation Rally" on Parliament Hill in an attempt to keep him in Ottawa (the rally was a complete bomb).

Tune in to the latest Stutzle v. Matthews poll. It's sure to be completely fair and unbiased.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I love it when people so confidently stick their entire foot in their mouth.

Reactions: bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad