• Mon against Wings (Away)
  • 2 day break then back at it again

This upcoming week looks crazy!!!

A lot of games but all very winnable outside of NJ

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I asked if he has an injury history and instead of answering you responded google it and start reading…
It could very well be wide ranging, complex and difficult answer. If you're that interested look it up, it's pretty simple, if somebody had written "yes he does" what does that really mean, or "no not really" does that get you any further along? It's incomplete and hardly informative.

All im saying is that the internet is not the place and never has been the place for anything other than the simplest exchanges of information, anything above that requires a little research.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
View attachment 610433

10 games played.
Rielly no goals.
Jarnkrok with as many as marner.
Jarnkrok playing with Engvall with as many as Bunting.
Kerfoot with 1 goal and how many breakaways ... he should just slap it at least give the keeper something to stop.

yea was just looking at the stats.

Rielly and Sandin both play PP and have ZERO goals 19 games into the season. Really ticked me off. Gotta put Lily and Gio on PP instead of Rielly and Sandin imo

A lot of games but all very winnable outside of NJ

Leafs dropped winnable games against the bottom feeders to start the season; so I'd be cautiously optimistic :laugh:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
No it was because I wore a marner t-shirt during game days.

I stopped wearing it a few games ago.
If they play at home you should wear the home jersey, and the opposite when they're on the road. When they come to Ottawa I always wear a road white, otherwise I could jinx them:laugh: I shudder when I see folks in the home blues.

Reactions: ULF_55

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Muzzin's career likely (and unfortunately) being done gives them a lot of flexibility with regards to the cap. Hopefully pieces like Engvall (and maybe even Kerfoot/Holl) are moved out as well to make additional space for some playoff type players.
Likely. The day they announce he's going into retirement, or done for the season I'll believe it.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
the second line litterally did f^&% all today except for the flip goal .
again the worst line. im glad JT and WN get their PP cookies but the 5 on 5 play has been complete dogshit.

if they are going to keep that experiment all year the need to find a better LW.

----
man murray is amazing. i can definitly see why mangement eyed this guy hen letting campbell go in the offseason. I have no hope he stays healthy all year but so far so good.
I don't think a different left winger would make much difference. Willy and JT don't play all that well together. More two good individuals. Which is why Willy is better with JT than Mitch is - Willy can create goals on his own (like last night) which Mitch doesn't do as well.

Mitch couldn't make JT look good 5-on-5, so they had to demote Willy again. No wonder he and Matthews looked pissed.

Tavares gets his points on the PP (a goal that deflected off his knee and an assist off his skate), but the only ES one was because Willy turned nothing into a goal.

In three games together Matthews, Nylander, and Bunting combined for 13 points, 10 at even strength, while Tavares, Marner, and Kerfoot produced 7 points, 5 at even strength.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They can win if they get a favorable matchup. NJ looks like a perfect fit, but how do they get them?
They need to aim for winning the Cup and not the 1st round. If they can’t figure out how to beat teams like the Bruins, TB or Canes….they will never win the Cup.

Reactions: Racer88

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They need to aim for winning the Cup and not the 1st round. If they can’t figure out how to beat teams like the Bruins, TB or Canes….they will never win the Cup.
Maybe down the road, but for this year, a realistic goal is to try and win a round.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kallgren's .893 doesn't help with that combined SV%. However, he is no. 4 on our depth chart, barely an AHL goalie (I think Woll and Petruzelli are ahead now on the depth chart). Kallgren's Quality Start % is .286 (league average is .53, anything under .50 is considered bad). It's a miracle we are where we are with goaltending like that from Kallgren. Btw, he's played 8 games, more than a good sample size.

It doesn't help... but he did start for the Leafs and thus has to has to be included in where the Leafs goaltending situation as a whole.

I think for the most part, any team would probably receive similar goaltending to Kallgren if they dipped into their 3rd/4th stringer. Very inconsistent. I do agree Petruzzelli probably is ahead on the depth chart, but Kallgren is perfect to yo-yo around and sit on the bench.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Teeder Keon is so old, he smells like bengay

his favorite past time as a kid was cup-and-ball

:sarcasm:
Lmao awesome
1668974290836.gif

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That’s pretty low expectations.
Anything more than one round is gravy. However, Montreal proved a couple yrs ago, if you get favorable matchups you can fluke you way to the SCF. The hard part is the way the conference playoff are set up now.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Anything more than one round is gravy. However, Montreal proved a couple yrs ago, if you get favorable matchups you can fluke you way to the SCF. The hard part is the way the conference playoff are set up now.
I still believe the current Leafs is a contenders in the league and if you are a contender, you should not care about matchups.
Having said that, these guys got the talents to do it but still have not done so in the past few years. Collectively maybe they just don’t have it in them or they will show it this playoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I still believe the current Leafs is a contenders in the league and if you are a contender, you should not care about matchups.
Having said that, these guys got the talents to do it but still have not done so in the past few years. Collectively maybe they just don’t have it in them or they will show it this playoffs.

Historically, the issue is trusting that the Leafs can dictate the style of play in the playoffs when it really matters. I look at a game like the Buffalo Sabres game last night and Tampa Bay Game 1, and how reliably can they turn a close out game into that style of game?

Reactions: Gabriel426

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Have Murray/Samsonov been good? Or have the Leafs been good defensively that They only require league average goaltending?

Hard to say, but really emphasizes how bad Campbell and Mrazek were last season.

If they can stay healthy, the Leafs shouldn’t have a problem keeping the puck out of their net.
Buffalo outshot the Leafs by a wide margin. Murray made some big saves so the Leafs didn’t have to press offensively.
Their game plan should be play defense first, don’t allow high danger opportunities and jump on mistakes.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Historically, the issue is trusting that the Leafs can dictate the style of play in the playoffs when it really matters. I look at a game like the Buffalo Sabres game last night and Tampa Bay Game 1, and how reliably can they turn a close out game into that style of game?
I think the first thing they need to do is eliminate the idea of Dman joining the attacks all the time. I mentioned in other threads of this thread that guys like Benn should not be park in front of the net banging in rebounds even if it proved to be the game winning goal. Hopefully, this will help eliminate odd man rushes and rush chances, something that Leafs of recent playoffs had shown to be a weakness.
Another thing they need to do is be more clutch in scoring and needs to have more shots on goals than just passing around. Gio got a shorty last night but players should never do those drop passes on a clear breakaway. Imagine it is a tie game in Game 7 and MM did what he did last night and it didn’t result in a goal and the opposing team then score later on the PP. If MM took a shot and missed or goalie made a save, that’s fine but if he made a drop pass and nothing happened, that’s different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad