Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Not sure the Leafs have had favourible goaltending considering their combined save percentage is .905% right now. With Samsonov and Murray healthy, Leafs should get some pretty solid goaltending though. I would say it's likely to be average, maybe sneaking into above average.

I think the Leafs overall have been good defensively. Offensively is where they have struggled the most.

I was more talking about their NHL caliber goaltending. Not their AHL backup.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Whole telecast was Buffalo nut-hugging
Just Simpson trying to appear to be anything but a Leafs fan, which he is sort of, he has a love hate with them seeing as they didn't draft him when they could have he had the same Leafs jammie that JT had, as did his brother and sister Christine.
Theismann was pretty good both sides of the border.

Who watched him get his snapped
Godamn that would've hurt
also holl played 24 min ... 0 5 on 5 goals ! its an early christmas miracle
Holl has more good games than bad and that's why he's in the lineup, he has some confidence issues occasionally and needs to be sat, gets over them and inserted back in.
He's been fairly decent the last half dozen games or so. I know he's the default whipping boy/scapegoat after a loss (and sometimes even after a win) but he's really holding his own out there. He looks much more like 2 years ago Holl; nothing to write home about, but effective enough in the 6th spot.
Mostly agree but really he's a all day 4. We of Leafs Nation are sometimes a little too critical because we want everything all the time. I'm just as guilty as most of us when it comes to that, but age, reason and a heart attack calmed me down considerably.

Jim- You're 6'11, but you weigh 90 pounds; Gumby has a better body than you! Boom! Roasted!
Dwight- You're a kissass. Boom! Roasted!
Pam- You failed art school. Boom! Roasted!
Meredith- You slept with so many guys you're starting to look like one. Boom! Roasted...
The perfectly logical response to one of the hottest of the LeaFland HoF hot takes. I'm still chuckling. Thanks for the morning laugh.
all the more reason to hate/trade him. he needs to grow some balls /s
Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got till it's gone!
His 13th SH goal, 5th most by a defenseman in league history.
What the actual? This can't be for real!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ianturnedbull

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Not sure the Leafs have had favourible goaltending considering their combined save percentage is .905% right now. With Samsonov and Murray healthy, Leafs should get some pretty solid goaltending though. I would say it's likely to be average, maybe sneaking into above average.

I think the Leafs overall have been good defensively. Offensively is where they have struggled the most.
Kallgren's .893 doesn't help with that combined SV%. However, he is no. 4 on our depth chart, barely an AHL goalie (I think Woll and Petruzelli are ahead now on the depth chart). Kallgren's Quality Start % is .286 (league average is .53, anything under .50 is considered bad). It's a miracle we are where we are with goaltending like that from Kallgren. Btw, he's played 8 games, more than a good sample size.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Man

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1668961547190.png

10 games played.
Rielly no goals.
Jarnkrok with as many as marner.
Jarnkrok playing with Engvall with as many as Bunting.
Kerfoot with 1 goal and how many breakaways ... he should just slap it at least give the keeper something to stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
My buddies cousin, I used to play Police Minor with (same line for 4 years)and we'd get Luces players tix occasionally
Solid game by Murray. Nylander is also on fire, with a very underrated 2 way game. Matthews needs to get going.
He really does he came alive a few times, I'd say he put in 9 really good minutes of the 14 he was credited with. I don't expect him to be 14 for 14, but 12mins isn't too much to ask, and really of anyone in that league no matter the skill level.
It is real.

All time SH goals by defensemen:

Howe 28
Coffey 20
Bourque 16
Orr 16
Giordano 13
Chelios 13
Wow and considering Howe spent 5 or maybe even 6 years in the WHA that's incredible, you forget I guess how good that guy really was in the best league on earth. I played in a tournament in Detroit in 67 or 68 and we played the Roostertails, both he and his brother Marty were on that team, it wasn't even fair when Mark was on the ice, Marty was a really good player, very big and strong, but he didn't have the wheels his brother had.
I literally cannot find it on Google, would be helpful if you can provide a link if you can find it so easily
Player page>news> do some reading, it's the only way.

View attachment 610433

Rielly no goals.
Jarnkrok with as many as marner.
Jarnkrok playing with Engvall with as many as Bunting.
Kerfoot with 1 goal and how many breakaways ... he should just slap it at least give the keeper something to stop.
Missing Liljegren?

He does have a couple

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Boys looked beautiful in those new sweaters tonight! Love seeing the return of the double stripe at the bottom!
Hadn't noticed the sweaters (mind you, I started watching the game at 1:30 this morning). Pretty much anything in the classic blue and white that doesn't have the stylized leaf from the 70s is fine with me.

On the other hand, the baby blue with the stick and palm tree silhouetted against the sun that Florida wore yesterday was just plain ugly.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Player page>news> do some reading, it's the only way.

Thanks for being rude and being no help whatsoever

Here is a cool tool that visually shows how many games have been missed to injury for every NHL player since 2000-2001

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Anyone else feel very much more comfortable with Murray and Sammy over the past several seasons?

We me be onto something here......if HEALTHY!
I think all three have been good. Defensive breakdowns have led to a lot of the goals.

Reactions: Menzinger

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Thanks for being rude and being no help whatsoever

Here is a cool tool that visually shows how many games have been missed to injury for every NHL player since 2000-2001

Rude?

Bit sensitive no? I've always done it through players news and that's the path, and yeah it requires reading, f*@k I'm so sorry to be so plain spoken! I had no idea the other thing existed. So yeah I accept your apology.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Rude?

Bit sensitive no? I've always done it through players news and that's the path, and yeah it requires reading, f*@k I'm so sorry to be so plain spoken! I had no idea the other thing existed. So yeah I accept your apology.

I asked if he has an injury history and instead of answering you responded google it and start reading…

Anyway, this is Murray and Samsonovs injury histories respectively

Appears Samsonov missed 3 games total to injury in his career

F572BD29-B694-4FA4-8179-14DF5C52231A.jpeg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
was just looking at the schedule

Leafs play:
  • Mon (tomorrow) against Isles (Home)
  • Wed against Devils (Away)
  • Fri against Wild (Away)
  • Sat against Pens (Away)
  • Mon against Wings (Away)
  • 2 day break then back at it again

This upcoming week looks crazy!!!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
How is it possible in a rout like this Kerfoot had zero points???
Not really surprising. The only even strength points any of the top 6 got was when JT dumped the puck out of our end and Willy turned it into a goal. Bunting didn't get anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad