Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
Really impressed with Nylander and kadri tonight shutting down Malkin and Crosby. I think the leafs have proven that they can hold their own down the middle against any team in the league. Been a long time since a leaf fan could say that. Feels good

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Nylander got dominated early by Malkin. Kadri changed the game, just outstanding! And what a contract!
I thought Nylander did alright in the defensive side but yeah, he got outclassed by one of the best centers in the league.

Reactions: ULF_55

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
I think the Pens suffer a bit from what all good winning teams suffer from, they often go to sleep during the regular season games and at some point late they just wake up and begin to try. Still, we have weathered their third period all out attack well this year.
Glad they're getting some more rest. Some of the good part of the D-corps continue to be the problem, and it's not like amazing goals against, or normal opponent pushback. Just sloppy, correctable plays that can't happen in the playoffs. Nice to see Pleks finally meshing with the team. Polak gets some big ups too for standing up for Willy.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Beating PIT without Matthews is BIG!
Lots to be happy about tonight:
-Kappy and Leivo played well
-Plekanec looked good, and like the player I was expecting when we traded for him
-Nylander/Marner line held their own against a red hot Malkin, and Nylander passes a big test at C
-Andersen looked to be back to his old self
-Dermott looked good again
-POLAK looked good
-Kadri potted a couple edging closer to 30 goals
-Marner's goal puts him 1 away from 20
-We got a goalie interference call in our favour
-Rielly hits 40 pts
-And most importantly, we ended the 4 game losing skid!!!
so pretty much everyone except our gudpro first line Allstar? shocking!

Reactions: hotpaws

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nylander got dominated early by Malkin. Kadri changed the game, just outstanding! And what a contract!
I don't think it was Nylander as much as the whole line just didn't seem to click tonight. Everybody on an island, and Hyman on an island is not a pretty thing.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Reactions: Mike Bobcat

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Kind of a boring game to watch, but I don't care, I like the end result.

Matthews really needs to come back and stay healthy. Fluke type injuries, but enough already, we need good karma for this team.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Beating PIT without Matthews is BIG!
Lots to be happy about tonight:
-Kappy and Leivo played well
-Plekanec looked good, and like the player I was expecting when we traded for him
-Nylander/Marner line held their own against a red hot Malkin, and Nylander passes a big test at C
-Andersen looked to be back to his old self
-Dermott looked good again
-POLAK looked good
-Kadri potted a couple edging closer to 30 goals
-Marner's goal puts him 1 away from 20
-We got a goalie interference call in our favour
-Rielly hits 40 pts
-And most importantly, we ended the 4 game losing skid!!!
They also reached the 40 win mark tonight.

Reactions: AppsSyl

member 262271

God damb right! Hopefully the leafs get another W streak rolling.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Komarov back to fix the leaky Kadri line. Great job by the three of them tonight.

And Kadri produces with him on the wing. Go figure.

On the down side, without Andersen, this is an ugly game.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I don't think it was Nylander as much as the whole line just didn't seem to click tonight. Everybody on an island, and Hyman on an island is not a pretty thing.

I thought Nylander looked panicked in the first. I want to see him a centre, he’s got to use his skill down low against the elite guys they’re going to try to exploit him after 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad