Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feels good man

We started off a little sluggish which is obvious since we hadn't played a real game in over 3 days, Fred made the key saves which was huge. Home winning streak at 10 games. :yo:

Reactions: LeafSadist

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I thought the Leafs were going to get blown out tonight. There has been so many games this year where you come in thinking it will be a stinker, but they continually beat the best teams in the league. This team seems to know when to elevate their play, which bodes well for the playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Good thing the Leafs won. Literally every team playing against the Leafs divisional foes (Tampa, Boston, Florida) are not helping out at all in the last month.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
so many missed calls, leafs get one grey area call our way and thats the biggest crime of the game, not the 2-3 weak calls against us, or the many blatant trips and interference which pens were never called for smh.

Glad we dug in and got the win.

Reactions: Cotton and hockeyes

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
I sense the Penguins time has come and is now gone. Still a great team, but they aren't the force they were even a year ago.
Probably the Bolts this season, but we are not far off...

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I honestly thought that no-goal/penalty for goaltending interference was bull. But listening to this game on a Pittsburgh feed and reading some of their fans comments, the no-goal really feels good. It's like they totally deserved it. Of course it's bias towards Toronto. :confused:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Beating PIT without Matthews is BIG!
Lots to be happy about tonight:
-Kappy and Leivo played well
-Plekanec looked good, and like the player I was expecting when we traded for him
-Nylander/Marner line held their own against a red hot Malkin, and Nylander passes a big test at C
-Andersen looked to be back to his old self
-Dermott looked good again
-POLAK looked good
-Kadri potted a couple edging closer to 30 goals
-Marner's goal puts him 1 away from 20
-We got a goalie interference call in our favour
-Rielly hits 40 pts
-And most importantly, we ended the 4 game losing skid!!!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Always nice to see Crosby whine and lose but it is twice as good when Leafs win

I thought Willy was fine at center; his line not doing much was IMHO a direct result of absolutely CLUELESS Hyman both in the defensive zone and offensive zone

P.S. Someone punch Malkin's face in for that dangerous hit on Nylander

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
PK unit was A+ tonight. Hyman had the most time for the forwards at 3:31 on the PK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad