Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Well the fact of the matter is that I haven't lived in Ottawa for quite some time now and I've grown gather attached to Toronto. I found myself defending TO on the world stage and really the community had grown on me. I'm proud to live here and call this my home. Huge Jays and Raptors fan and I'll admit the Leafs will take a little work but I think they have the right coach in place with Babcock. Plus there's been this odd metamorphosis up in Ottawa over the years. It's attracted this new influx of whiny, greedy transplants plus a good portion of the locals seem to be a bunch of chronic complainers. Hardly recognized it the last time I went back. Basically their HF board is a like a grade 5 remedial class in basket weaving. Lost my love for the Sens quite frankly and their morbid fan base. Luke-warm 67's fan plus I hate Hull with a passion. And while I am pulling for the RedBlacks against Hamilton I don't feel part of the city anymore. Next year the Argos move to BMO and I'll be going to their games as I love the CFL.

GO Leafs GO!:)

Welcome to our craziness, join the fun :5::banana:

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Well the fact of the matter is that I haven't lived in Ottawa for quite some time now and I've grown gather attached to Toronto. I found myself defending TO on the world stage and really the community had grown on me. I'm proud to live here and call this my home. Huge Jays and Raptors fan and I'll admit the Leafs will take a little work but I think they have the right coach in place with Babcock. Plus there's been this odd metamorphosis up in Ottawa over the years. It's attracted this new influx of whiny, greedy transplants plus a good portion of the locals seem to be a bunch of chronic complainers. Hardly recognized it the last time I went back. Basically their HF board is a like a grade 5 remedial class in basket weaving. Lost my love for the Sens quite frankly and their morbid fan base. Luke-warm 67's fan plus I hate Hull with a passion. And while I am pulling for the RedBlacks against Hamilton I don't feel part of the city anymore. Next year the Argos move to BMO and I'll be going to their games as I love the CFL.

Congratulations on becoming a Leafs fan.

It's like the love of your life.

There is no one I get angrier at or fight more with than my wife and there's no one whom I would rather get angrier at and fight more with than my wife.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I am talking about a 1C centre like Toews or Monahan who goes back deep into his own end rubs out a winger along the boards and lugs it up the ice and then makes a play. Someone who can control the game on his own.

I know Marner is learning how to play like that this year with knights but I have seen him play on same team as my son for over 200+ games and I think it will be very hard for him to do it based on his body frame and skill set but I know Hunter is doing their best to teach him and Paul i hear is very supportive. As I explained to everyone on here his pts will drop off quite a bit as he learns which is what has happened. That said Gilmour learned it in St Loius in the nhl if you ask him he will tell you same. You have to take a step back before you take 2 steps forward.

Nylander I have seen far less maybe 7 live games past 2 seasons. He plays a very different defensive game than your prototypical centre I'd like. He uses a defensive stick check game and aviods contact at all costs. I have yet to see him either throw a body check or get hit. His game is all about steal puck on stick check or have someone else dig it and get to him and then move it real quick and expect to get it back. I do not see any similarity to Giroux except same stature.

You should pay closer attention to Nylander.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

Welcome to the maddness!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Congratulations on becoming a Leafs fan.

It's like the love of your life.

There is no one I get angrier at or fight more with than my wife and there's no one whom I would rather get angrier at and fight more with than my wife.

I knew that when I had recently bought a new car here in Toronto and allowed the local dealership to put their license frame holders onto my plates - that I had officially arrived! :laugh: Would have never dreamed of having a TO plate on my car before that! :naughty:

Anyway onto Leaf talk and glad to be here.....

:leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad