Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Trying to find old school players that played for both
Actually a huge fan of Walt’s Career , just fun the real one is Hughson , the added feature is for sone of us who knew sone of these players

Me 2
Thought of him , but looked through my cards and like bringing up players that played for both and that I liked as the second one
Leafs first ever draft pick I believe

Reactions: Teeder Keon

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Signing Hyman after 2 major knee injuries long term when we had no idea where the cap was going for the big 3 extensions would have been lunacy

The whole point was to keep the books clear for those extensions
I agree it's more about term than cap hit.

From a purely cap POV i'd prefer Hyman & Robertson over Engvall & Kerfoot at similar totals

Reactions: Teeder Keon

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
One period the Leafs look like world beaters & the next period looks like Big Bird,Holl Star etc are auditioning for Muppets On Ice.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Really not looking forward to seeing Kallgren tomorrow. I know it was reported that Samsonov won't play on this road trip but maybe he's ahead of schedule?
Ohhh buddy, I am so with you on that. It's not that Kallgren doesn't make saves, he just doesn't make any high danger chance saves. That last save by Murray is not in Kallgren's arsenal so we would have lost this game. Murray once again the main reason we picked up the two points. He made some incredible saves, including on that breakaway.

On another note, is Kerfoot paid to take at least one stupid penalty a game?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Just finished watching the game:
- The team defense has been great, credit to Keefe for the system and way he has the team playing
- Murray, wow! Another good start, and that save to end the game was incredible!
- Matthews wasn't very noticeable once again, he's misfiring on shots a lot this year
- Willy/Mitch had great games

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With the injured blue line right now I'm not really concerned about how they win but it's very encouraging to see strong goaltending, and team defense as well.

Keefe has his fair share of earned criticism, but his team defensive structure has been very good in his tenure. We shouldn't take that for granted.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Seriously LOVING these wins lately. We have been run and gun for soo long. We all love seeing Matty score 60 and willy 35+ and decent records. But this feels different. So many times we dominated the ozone and got snakebitten and the other team turned and burned us off the rush. Everyone is buying in, and there are bodies and sticks in front of pucks and our goalies are not cream puffs and making some saves. Team wins with serious injuries to our back end. Play this way all year long, even if Matty "slumps" to a 40 goal season. Then take this team game into the playoffs with tight D and good goaltending, and add the wildcard of our electric "O" when they get going... Promising...;

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
12-5-5 after a terrible start and all kinds of injuries to goalies and defense , with matthews not being himself, i will take that any day of the week

credit coaching staff

I'd like to call this phenomenon "Being Leafy"

I would like to talk to her about her behaviour behind closed doors for a few hours

888.jpg

Did she finally get to see the manager? concerned parties have requested info. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad