Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
25 points in 20 games with the amount of man games lost thus far this year, and some want to fire Carlyle and re-hire Wilson. I know you got to give your head a shake on our board. It's like the Anti Bozak posts. Thank goodness, I can weed out the good posters from the bad ones or we'd all go crazy.

Too funny and true. I just do not get the Wilson/Grabo love in, and the Carlyle/ Bozak hate. The difference is in the standings.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
People can claim that Toronto is a bad team till they are blue in the face, while in the meantime, the Leafs keep on winning and having one of the best records. Bad teams don't have above average specialty teams, bad teams don't score more than they allow, bad teams don't win games. Buffalo is a horrible team, the Leafs are a very good one.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Eakins is a great coach as long as people can obey him so they dont F up their chance to get to the NHL. People already IN the NHL dont respect Eakins because he isnt good enough of a people person to be at that level.

BayStreetBullies*

My comment was "Even with a healthy lineup we still get outplayed". So healthy or not. I wasn't referring to tonight's game specifically.

If you're one of those people who believe getting outshot = getting outplayed, then I guess a lot of teams in the NHL get outplayed on a regular basis. The Leafs have been able to limit the quality of scoring chances by the opposition on a consistent basis, and luck has nothing to do with it.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I really get annoyed when even though we played bad hockey (not talking about this game), some leaf fans argue how we did amazing and bash some of our higher IQ fans that think there needs to be some change in how we play our game.

Kessel's been playing terrible defensively, it's why he only got 14 mins of ice time sigh*

Glad we got the the win, but we really need to change some things and patch up our game

Can you link me to one of the threads where people are talking about how we did amazing? I'd like to see one.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
If you're one of those people who believe getting outshot = getting outplayed, then I guess a lot of teams in the NHL get outplayed on a regular basis. The Leafs have been able to limit the quality of scoring chances by the opposition on a consistent basis, and luck has nothing to do with it.

I'm not necessarily looking at the SOG but which team has more zone time. The opposition has consistently had more time in the offensive zone than the Leafs this season. Of course that correlates to more SOG. I'd like to see this team reverse that trend. I'm not a "hater" by any means and I enjoy watching this team win, but I'd like to see us play better.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

The only other team even close to Toronto's shot differential is Buffalo.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Too funny and true. I just do not get the Wilson/Grabo love in, and the Carlyle/ Bozak hate. The difference is in the standings.

If we had Wilson/Grabo we would be reading all sorts of Carlyle/Bozak love. Leafs Nation for ya!

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I think that our breakout was excellent in the first 2 periods. When we got away from that in the 3rd, we started to struggle. This team can do it but they just turn it off for some reason.

I thought we played lights out for the first two periods, we were taking it to the Sabres all game long and we were supporting our goalie defensively too with quick reads in our own end.

As soon as it got to be 3-0, we stopped trying and thought we had the game in the bag! This tells me this team is still emotionally raw and immature as it's ever been which I don't understand why because we went out and brought proven winners in the offseason (Bernier, Clarkson, Raymond, Bolland) and with that epic spanking we took in game 7 you'd think that would teach us a lesson but nope here we are 6 months later still doing the same stupid sh-t that cost us a birth into the 2nd round.

mikebel111*

Wat is with some people? I have seen improvement in our own end. We just need to have motor on at all times. When we get our 3 C's back, this team could go far

mikebel111*

I thought we played lights out for the first two periods, we were taking it to the Sabres all game long and we were supporting our goalie defensively too with quick reads in our own end.

As soon as it got to be 3-0, we stopped trying and thought we had the game in the bag! This tells me this team is still emotionally raw and immature as it's ever been which I don't understand why because we went out and brought proven winners in the offseason (Bernier, Clarkson, Raymond, Bolland) and with that epic spanking we took in game 7 you'd think that would teach us a lesson but nope here we are 6 months later still doing the same stupid sh-t that cost us a birth into the 2nd round.
Its more laziness by players than anything.
Well all part of a developing young team. Im sure randy isnt happy about it either

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The way our Leafs played that 3rd period, we are extremely fortunate to have come away with a win in this game.

This team just doesn't appear to be able to play a full 60 minute game. Are they just saving themselves for the playoffs? I mean, come on, we lost to the Sabres Friday, and barely hung on to win on Saturday.

Are our players lazy? Are they trying to pace themselves so they aren't burnt out come the playoffs? Can suspensions and injuries really be used as an excuse? Is the coaching and systems not appropriate for the personnel we have? Or, are they just not good enough to compete for a full 60 minutes?

When the heck will our team find an answer to our inability to compete for a full 60 minute game? When???

The Brightside

Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The way our Leafs played that 3rd period, we are extremely fortunate to have come away with a win in this game.

This team just doesn't appear to be able to play a full 60 minute game. Are they just saving themselves for the playoffs? I mean, come on, we lost to the Sabres Friday, and barely hung on to win on Saturday.

Are our players lazy? Are they trying to pace themselves so they aren't burnt out come the playoffs? Can suspensions and injuries really be used as an excuse? Is the coaching and systems not appropriate for the personnel we have? Or, are they just not good enough to compete for a full 60 minutes?

When the heck will our team find an answer to our inability to compete for a full 60 minute game? When???

Relax man, i understand your concern about the way that the team plays but i also give them the credit of playing good (enough) to be where they are in the standings. this team is not going to win this year or maybe next but they have a chance when they mature as a team. the next step is for them to be consistent and they are showing that in a small sample. give them time and enjoy their success.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Relax man, i understand your concern about the way that the team plays but i also give them the credit of playing good (enough) to be where they are in the standings. this team is not going to win this year or maybe next but they have a chance when they mature as a team. the next step is for them to be consistent and they are showing that in a small sample. give them time and enjoy their success.

I've been waiting since 1967 to see them appear in a Stanley Cup final again. Just how much time I have left is now a concern for me!

I love their record this year, I just don't like the way they've got to it!

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
These were heady days, run/gun/good corsi/possesion/and lose

this is exactly what i remember with wilson... we would outshoot everyone and we would lose every game... our goalies were terrible ect. now everyone thinks we suck but we win... idk what people want lmao... me personally i like wins.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Its more laziness by players than anything.
Well all part of a developing young team. Im sure randy isnt happy about it either

Your right about the Leafs being lazy, but wrong about the Leafs being young. They rank as the 14th youngest team, which basically means they are in the middle of the pack agewise meaning not a young team but not an aging one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad