Post-Game Talk: LEAFS WIN! 2-1 in a Shootout... Thank You Reimer

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Grab a Rogers HD box. I'm never watching games on cable again. The picture is crisp and perfect.

For the HNIC coverage I just use an OTA antenna and run the signal through a network based TV tuner. I then use any Windows machine running Windows Media Center to function as my HD/PVR box. Rogers hardware/software (courtesy of CISCO) can't even hold a candle to this setup. One more thing, OTA signals aren't nearly as compressed as cable so the picture is noticeably better in comparison.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
So how about that Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson line? Pretty awesome and a match made in heaven of skill and grit. Loved seeing them hem Washington in their own zone. Too bad it took over 20 games to finally get this line together but I think they'll be sticking for a while.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For the HNIC coverage I just use an OTA antenna and run the signal through a network based TV tuner. I then use any Windows machine running Windows Media Center to function as my HD/PVR box. Rogers hardware/software (courtesy of CISCO) can't even hold a candle to this setup. One more thing, OTA signals aren't nearly as compressed as cable so the picture is noticeably better in comparison.

I just get CI, and watch games from around the NHL in HD.

Nothing complicated at all.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So how about that Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson line? Pretty awesome and a match made in heaven of skill and grit. Loved seeing them hem Washington in their own zone. Too bad it took over 20 games to finally get this line together but I think they'll be sticking for a while.

Clarkson is really starting to hit his stride. His game has improved greatly the last 3 games.

Mar 26, 2010
Good win, we needed the 2 points.

Great goaltending = WINS!

Reimer :yo:

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Rielly > Ranger but Ranger > Fraser. The unwarranted hate the dude gets on here is ridiculous.

Ovi walked Fraser like he was playing midget and not a peep. If Ranger did that the boards would have lit up.

Fraser gets such a pass around here. There is a reason we are giving up 50 shots to middling teams like the Caps.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I just get CI, and watch games from around the NHL in HD.

Nothing complicated at all.

I was actually rather impressed at how easy the whole setup was to tell you the truth. And the best thing is I can watch the game (or whatever channel that's available to me) from anywhere in the world, as long as I have an internet connection.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Really? So if there are two guys sitting on a bench and you have one shot to not lose the game, one of them is a 100% shooter and one of them is a 0% shooter, are you going to say "Hmm, it's a crapshoot, might as well send out the 0% shooter!"

Kadri was 0/5 last year in the shootout.
Many players have 50+ shootouts attempts. 0 for 5 is a very small sample size.To me, that's like saying in baseball. "You went 0 for 5 today. you aren't hitting any more"...I'd just keep putting Kadri in as one of my top 3 and let him roll.Having said all that I've been a vocal opponent of the shootout since it's inception. You don't see free throws in basketball,field goal contests in football and home run contests in baseball to decide games. It's a ridiculous gimmick.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Saw it, but he's an inexperienced kid...he will learn..what we are seeing is his immense talent and potential.

reilly is what u pay the price of a ticket for .....hes already a top 4 at 19 ...second leading scoring defenseman o the team ......blunders my AZZ..he aint goin back to moose jaw so get over it ......

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
reilly is what u pay the price of a ticket for .....hes already a top 4 at 19 ...second leading scoring defenseman o the team ......blunders my AZZ..he aint goin back to moose jaw so get over it ......
I love watching Rielly and Gardiner paired together. I do realize there will be "young" mistakes and I do realize they may not be together against bigger , physical teams like Boston but they will learn over time. My hope was for the Leafs to draft Morin last year but he went earlier than expected to Philly.Two young physical defencemen and Rielly and Gardiner and we'd be set in 3-5 years for a long time.I can dream can't I?... :)

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
... There are two "givens " on this team in my opinion and they are :1) Kessel and JVR play well together and 2) Kadri and Lupul play well together. I've been shaking my head all year that #2 has seldom been happening. As a coach that is what you dream of, yet Carlyle never varies from the first "given" and rightly so yet he often varies from "given ' #2...Kulemin, McClement,Raymond, Smithson et al give us very solid 3rd and 4th lines and even more so when Bolland gets back... lookin goodddd.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Reimer again is proving he is a winning Goalie this year, he may be suspect handing the puck and leaving rebounds but there is no doubt he has a knack for putting up W's. There may come a time when Nonis will be tempted by another GM to deal one of our Goalies, but right now I have no problem going with Bernier and Reimer as our Goalies.

Plenty of examples of great goaltending tandems in the NHL going far. Quick-Bernier, Thomas-Rask, Luongo-Schneider.

Nothing wrong with going with Reimer-Bernier.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The hate Ranger gets is ridiculous. I'd far rather him out there on a regular basis than Fraser. Ranger actually has hockey skills.

Phaneuf Gunnarson
Franson Gardiner
Ranger Rielly
Fraser.

Actually it's not ridiculous, the only thing ridiculous has been his play. He's been beyond atrocious at times, and to be quite honest it was embarrassing that Rielly had to sit out on behalf of Ranger last week. Ranger deserves to be in the press box until the next person ****s up.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Ovi walked Fraser like he was playing midget and not a peep. If Ranger did that the boards would have lit up.

Fraser gets such a pass around here. There is a reason we are giving up 50 shots to middling teams like the Caps.

This is pretty much what has bothered me as well. I don't feel like I need to push an agenda that Ranger is great and should absolutely be in the top 6, but it really disturbs me to see the pages of "Ranger Danger!" when he does something bad and not a peep when other defensemen do the same. A GDT not long ago was full of people crapping on Ranger, yet the 3-4 worst mistakes was from Gardiner and Franson and they barely got mentioned.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa

Clarkson missed the first 10 games. Yes it does looks good.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Clarkson missed the first 10 games. Yes it does looks good.

Clarkson looked great last night, he, Lupul, and Kadri all could have had goals last night. Dangerous every time they stepped on the ice.

Clarkson has a better shot than people give him credit for, we are starting to see this. And he is one of the better deflectors of shots on our team next to JVR. We are starting to see why his net presence is a key to our team.

He also has some good power moves that we are starting to see. 5.25 per is fine if he plays like this. I expect him to keep getting better, he is getting used to a team, and missing 10 games.

Thought he and Kadri were the best players on the ice last night.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Excellent distribution by Carlyle. This is how it should be on most nights.

I wish we could do similarly w/ the forwards and being able to trust the 4th line to generate energy for 10 mins a game. It'd go a long way in the playoffs.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I cant even remember the last time as a Leafs fan we didnt have to worry about Goaltending.

Bernier and Reimer are both playing lights out.

pacdunes

Jan 24, 2011
Arizona & San Fran
It's great to see that Riemer has seemed to solve his rebound and catching issues in prior years. Hats off to our goaltending coach and most of all Reimer continuing to improve. Nothing wrong with the best goalie tandem in the world.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
reimer_reax.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad