Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Montreal vs Ottawa Rookie Tournament Thread

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think itwould be Nielsen either. I was thinking Campbell or loVerde type player

LoVerde is a RD I think so those two together could be an issue

Campbell seems like a reasonable option
Valiev would be decent if he can sort himself out a bit

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Rosen-Borgman
Campbell-Liljegren
Nielsen-LoVerde

??

That would be a good start imo
I guess it would depend on how the rosen borgman duo take to the smaller ice.
Also I would think Holl will play. He was solid paired with dermott down the stretch last year.
Maybe have loVerde as the 7 if the swedes don't struggle?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
LoVerde is a RD I think so those two together could be an issue

Campbell seems like a reasonable option
Valiev would be decent if he can sort himself out a bit

Valiev could be but he had such an up and down season last year I'm hesitant to put him with a rookie, unless Liljegren lights it up from the start.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
LoVerde is 100% an AHL player (no ECHL) we have too many dman especially if dermott stays with the marlies. Maybe Liljegren isnt staying with the marlies?

As of right now, you are looking at 2 of Rosen/Borgman/Dermott and Nielsen on the left side (along with any depth options they have, namely Cleland right now).

Right side you have LoVerde, Holl, Valiev, Paliotta (depth), Gudbranson (depth likely in the ECHL), and potentially Liljegren.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
LoVerde is 100% an AHL player (no ECHL) we have too many dman especially if dermott stays with the marlies. Maybe Liljegren isnt staying with the marlies?
Ahl journeymen will suffer to make space for Lil Tim if te team wants him playing here.

Tima robbed!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
As of right now, you are looking at 2 of Rosen/Borgman/Dermott and Nielsen on the left side (along with any depth options they have, namely Cleland right now).

Right side you have LoVerde, Holl, Valiev, Paliotta (depth), Gudbranson (depth likely in the ECHL), and potentially Liljegren.

yeah i meant right side maybe paliotta is pure echl and
liljegren plus the other 3 will be the right side options. I thought the coach of rogle said liljegren isnt going back? so that would mean he is staying with the marlies

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ahl journeymen will suffer to make space for Lil Tim if te team wants him playing here.

Tima robbed!

LoVerde is treated the same as Campbell. He's not going to be sitting unless he's injured or needs a break. Holl is more likely to sit, and that's not going to happen often either.

So it would be Valiev or Liljegren, and considering we could put Liljegren over in Europe, that's where I'd expect him to be unless we trade Valiev before the start of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad