Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Blue Jackets|Monday @ 700|Make it Two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Nothing against Columbus but we've got to keep gathering points to stay near the top of this division.

As to Holland I'm ok with the move. Has been solid, but was brought in as a stop-gap measure and for the future. Did his job in holding the line until we got guys back and probably ends up on the Marlies for the time being continuing to develop on that squad. Needed center depth for the time being.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I hate using the term "must win", but this is kind of close. You really can't afford to lose games like this, against a team like CBJ missing the players it's missing.

And they're coming from the West Coast, absolutely no excuse at all to not get 2 points

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looking fwd to finally seeing the top 6 intact for the first time in ages it seems.

Goal scoring should not be a problem.

Bolland with Raymond and Kule is the only thing left to be decided this year. If we can get Bolland back this season, and pick up a defender. Things will be looking up for Leafsnation.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hoping Bozak has a monster game just to troll ya'll. :laugh:

It restores balance to our team, when he is back, it just makes everyone better on our team.

I don't care how if Tyler never scores elite Center's points, he is not paid to be elite, I look at JVR and Kessel, do they play better when he is in there? We will see. Most of us know it is yes.

But I know Kadri looks far better with Clarkson and Lupul against 2nd D pairings. And this is why Bozak is important.

Our 2nd line which is becoming a favourite of mine, has the makings of being one of the better one's in the NHL.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Not sure Bozak will be healthy the rest of the year. Pulled my hammy more times then I want to remember. Just when you think it's back to normal, it lets you know that it's not. Hope I am wrong.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 4m
Clarkson on Bozak return: "Any time you get one of the top players in the league back it definitely boosts your lineup"

:huh:

Is Bozak valuable to the Leafs? Hell yes! But is he one of the top in the league (or elite)? Nope. (even Interactiff says he is not elite).

Penalty Kill Icing*

Bozak's return should let everyone do their own thing now. As Interactiff says, provides balance to the lineup.

We are almost injury free (and we did fine without Bolland last year), so no excuse to losing.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta

Is Bozak valuable to the Leafs? Hell yes! But is he one of the top in the league (or elite)? Nope. (even Interactiff says he is not elite).
Shootout...the man is money in the shootout :laugh:.

That or he thinks Kessel will step up his game with Bozak back in the lineup :).

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

LOL I love Clarkson, very team oriented even if he sounds crazy sometimes..One of the best in the league wow lol :laugh:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 10m
Saturday Carlyle mentioned Leafs want Clarkson to tone down extra-circular stuff; David: "He hasn't said anything to me"

Ughhhh this is the kind of **** I can't stand coaches do, talk to the media but not the players. That's Ron Wilson-esque.

ANNNNDDD why would you even want Clarkson to tone down his after the whistle play? It's a big part of his game and it hasn't gotten him in any trouble other than the preseason incident.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know we didn't exactly play well against Columbus last game but people are forgetting that it was one of the worst officiated game of the year.

Hopefully the Leafs and the refs are better.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Saturday Carlyle mentioned Leafs want Clarkson to tone down extra-circular stuff; David: "He hasn't said anything to me"

Ughhhh this is the kind of **** I can't stand coaches do, talk to the media but not the players. That's Ron Wilson-esque.

ANNNNDDD why would you even want Clarkson to tone down his after the whistle play? It's a big part of his game and it hasn't gotten him in any trouble other than the preseason incident.

he doesn't he just says that to the media so they dont go all "omg carlyle likes extra curriculars after this whistle" blah blah blah. im sure he likes it from his players....

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

We may as well just scratch Clarkson then...

He was pissing off the entire Washington team last game and we don't want that? I've been waiting for years for someone to do that since Tucker.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I know we didn't exactly play well against Columbus last game but people are forgetting that it was one of the worst officiated game of the year.

Hopefully the Leafs and the refs are better.

I agree, the refs in that game were atrocious! We got ripped, we couldn't touch those guys without getting called for something. It was a "don't hit Columbus night"

Penalty Kill Icing*

For those anxious...

GDT is a WIP. Don't expect any cool paint or photoshop stuff though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We may as well just scratch Clarkson then...

He was pissing off the entire Washington team last game and we don't want that? I've been waiting for years for someone to do that since Tucker.

same! thats part of the reason we got him I thought. If he tones it down then you're just taking a characteristic from his play. He's edgy and gets in the face of his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad