Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Blue Jackets|Monday @ 700|Make it Two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Assume same line up as Saturday, possibly with the removal of Holland and addition of Tyler Bozak.

This could be the first game of the season with everyone in the lineup. - Forgot about Bolland, thanks Daisy

Columbus' Last 5; 2-2-1

NOV 22 LOSS vs Canucks (6-2)
NOV 20 WIN vs Flames (2-1) [OT]
NOV 19 LOSS vs Oilers (7-0)
NOV 17 WIN vs Senators (4-1)
NOV 15 LOSS vs Canadiens (3-2) [SO]

Toronto's Last 5;

NOV 23 WIN vs Capitals (2-1) [SO]
NOV 21 LOSS vs Predators (4-2)
NOV 19 WIN vs Islanders (5-2)
NOV 16 WIN vs Sabres (4-2)
NOV 15 LOSS vs Sabres (3-1)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Assume same line up as Saturday, possibly with the removal of Holland and addition of Tyler Bozak.

This could be the first game of the season with everyone in the lineup.

nuhnuhhh we're missing Bolland :(

we need to come out and spank CBJ. next week will be so tough.
game Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd run with Reimer this week. Give him the starts on Monday Wednesdayand Saturday with Bernier getting the game in Buffalo.

Asif16*

Yeah hollland was invisible. Diddnt like him against the caps. You can clearly see that the dude is still raw. Has potential for sure. But not there yet. I like what smithson brings from the fourth line spot. So, holland most likely out when bozak comes back.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-KAdri-Clarkson
Raymond-Mcclement-Kule
Mclaren-Smithson-Orr

2 scoring lines.
The second line not only gives us scoring, but a lot of grit as well.
Third line is great defensively. While having some offensive flair
4 line obviously the bang/crash line. Rememeber, smithson can throw some solid body checks, while winning faceoffs. Perfect guy to have between mclaren and orr

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hate Monday games, don't get a chance to watch them. Thankfully this is the 1st Monday game this year and I don't think we have many all season.

Hopefully the Leafs win, I expect Reimer to start so looking forward to a good performance by him I hope.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Yeah hollland was invisible. Diddnt like him against the caps. You can clearly see that the dude is still raw. Has potential for sure. But not there yet. I like what smithson brings from the fourth line spot. So, holland most likely out when bozak comes back.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-KAdri-Clarkson
Raymond-Mcclement-Kule
Mclaren-Smithson-Orr

2 scoring lines.
The second line not only gives us scoring, but a lot of grit as well.
Third line is great defensively. While having some offensive flair
4 line obviously the bang/crash line. Rememeber, smithson can throw some solid body checks, while winning faceoffs. Perfect guy to have between mclaren and orr

I didnt notice Smithson at all tonight. I'd rather demote Smithson, put JayMc on 4th line/PK duties, Holland to the 3rd line and Bozak back on the 1st. If Bozak cant get his wheels under him, swap him out with Holland.

And Reimer earned this start.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I didnt notice Smithson at all tonight. I'd rather demote Smithson, put JayMc on 4th line/PK duties, Holland to the 3rd line and Bozak back on the 1st. If Bozak cant get his wheels under him, swap him out with Holland.

Smithson shadowed Ovechkin well on the powerplay and was 9-3 on the draw. I think that is worth another shot.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Smithson has a role with this team while Holland does not. 4th liner who wins key faceoffs. Another thing, would you rather have a shutdown line of Raymond-McClement-Kulemin or Raymond-Holland-Kulemin? Because that's the assignment Ray, Mac and Kuli had tonight

Id rather see Holland get tons of ice time with the Marlies

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON

I agree I'd like to see something similar.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Smithson shadowed Ovechkin well on the powerplay and was 9-3 on the draw. I think that is worth another shot.

Yeah I'd keep Smithson up. He's great on the draws and can kill penalties.

When Bozak gets back I'd like either of these bottom 6's.

Raymond Holand Kulemin
McClement Smthson Orr

Or

Raymond McClement Kulemin
McLaren Smithson Orr

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Smithson has a role with this team while Holland does not. 4th liner who wins key faceoffs. Another thing, would you rather have a shutdown line of Raymond-McClement-Kulemin or Raymond-Holland-Kulemin? Because that's the assignment Ray, Mac and Kuli had tonight

Id rather see Holland get tons of ice time with the Marlies

you just want to see the Leafs keep their 2015 2nd rounder :sarcasm:

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
Looking ahead at the schedule
SUN, 8 DEC 2013 BRUINS MAPLE LEAFS
WED, 11 DEC 2013 KINGS MAPLE LEAFS
THU, 12 DEC 2013 MAPLE LEAFS BLUES
SAT, 14 DEC 2013 BLACKHAWKS MAPLE LEAFS
MON, 16 DEC 2013 MAPLE LEAFS PENGUINS

Oh god that's an ugly stretch

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The return of Tyler Bozak?

Can't wait to see us ice 2 No.1 lines in:

Kadri Lupul Clarkson
Bozak Kessel JVR
Then:
Holland Raymond Kulemin
Mcclement Orr Mclaren

Holland playing sheltered mins is going to be good for him, we can see what he's got on the 3rd line, should be able to feast on lesser competition, this is why Bozak is so valuable to our team. Haters I know will scoff at this, and I know there is nothing that can change this, but we will see a much better team with the improved balance.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I think our team plays better when people believe in them, rather then detract from them.

Theres nothing wrong with hoping. Ever.

:)

NEVER EVER.

I think out of the four teams we play against -

Buffalo is the wild card - maybe even Columbus. I've not seen the team play Columbus enough to gauge a response about them - but this is a team the Leafs need to beat because the Blue Jackets can totally challenge for a wild card. give them a point if needed but we need the 2nd.

I'm going to assume that Reimer is getting the Jacket Start, the Penguin start, and the Buffalo start (to give Bernier the start against Montreal in Montreal).

Buffalo is the wild card due to the fact we can never freaking beat Miller in Buffalo. I'll take a point there gladly.

We always match up well against Pittsburgh - even when we play like crap, we can always make the game interesting - (overtime/shootout, whatever). Again - they are expected to get a guaranteed spot, so it doesn't matter if we make this a three point game - again - two points better.

so out of those "4 games" the must wins come against

Columbus (a team we want to beat due to wild card)
and Montreal (divisional four point game).

Let's go!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The return of Tyler Bozak?

Can't wait to see us ice 2 No.1 lines in:

Kadri Lupul Clarkson
Bozak Kessel JVR
Then:
Holland Raymond Kulemin
Mcclement Orr Mclaren

Holland playing sheltered mins is going to be good for him, we can see what he's got on the 3rd line, should be able to feast on lesser competition, this is why Bozak is so valuable to our team. Haters I know will scoff at this, and I know there is nothing that can change this, but we will see a much better team with the improved balance.

where is smithson? I like him - he's really good on the PK/necessary faceoffs.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Really can't lose this one. Not only are the BJs not very good, but they're missing most of their good players - gaborik, horton, dubinsky, wisniewski.

Can't afford a slipup here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad