Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Blue Jackets|Monday @ 700|Make it Two in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asif16*

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 10m
Saturday Carlyle mentioned Leafs want Clarkson to tone down extra-circular stuff; David: "He hasn't said anything to me"

Ughhhh this is the kind of **** I can't stand coaches do, talk to the media but not the players. That's Ron Wilson-esque.

ANNNNDDD why would you even want Clarkson to tone down his after the whistle play? It's a big part of his game and it hasn't gotten him in any trouble other than the preseason incident.

God I really hope clarkson doesnt tone it down. I like it. We've been missing for that a long time since tucker left. He was in the heads of all the caps players saturday night.

I have a hard time believing carlyle actually wants him to tone it down. We know carlyle. He likes this type of ****.

I want clarkson to keep doing what he's doing, especially against the habs, bruins, sens, canucks etc...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Pumped to see an almost complete lineup going up against a wounded squad. I'd like to see a laugher tonight, we haven't had many of those it seems. Predict 5-1 with a solid (close to 60 minute) effort.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
God I really hope clarkson doesnt tone it down. I like it. We've been missing for that a long time since tucker left. He was in the heads of all the caps players saturday night.

I have a hard time believing carlyle actually wants him to tone it down. We know carlyle. He likes this type of ****.

I want clarkson to keep doing what he's doing, especially against the habs, bruins, sens, canucks etc...

Carlyle did say it to the media, talking about how he's been looking at improving his team's discipline. Still, when you have a disturber like Clarkson, you have to let him loose a little.

Last edited:

Asif16*

Safe to say, a win tonight is desperately needed before going into three tough buildings against three good teams.

(Yes i know buffalo sucks ass, but they play legendary against us, especially in buffalo, so theres that)

Asif16*

Carlyle did say it to the media, talking about how he's been looking at improving his team's discipline. Still, when you a disturber like Clarkson, you have to let him loose a little.

Yeah no kidding.

I actually think another reason clarkson decided to join the leafs (aside from the money, hometown), was that he would be able to finally play his game to the max. He's a tough, skilled, pest type of player and he knew that the leafs were one of the toughest last season and that carlyle is a type of coach who would like his skillset.

I dont know if you guys remember, but pete debour is like the opposite of carlyle. He doesnt want any of his players to get involved in scrums. He doesnt want his players to initiate scrums. He barely dresses any tough guys, so he is really not fond of fighting. He doesnt want his players trashtalking.

I remember clarkson was kind of annoyed by that in an interview during their playoff run two season ago. Its not in his game to stay quiet and not trashtalk and not get involved in scrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad