Pre-Game Talk: Leafs v/s Bruins - Poking the rested bear - March 7 @ 7 pm - TSN/FAN 590

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Wouldn't the only "must win" games be ones where a loss would eliminate the team from playoff contention or, in the playoffs, end their season.

Many so-called "must win games" are at most "nice to win games".

I should have made my implication a little clearer. I meant to mean that people throw around the term "Must win" too loosely, and this game is not a "Must win", when it comes to points.

On an emotional level? I wanna kick some Bruin ass.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
I can't believe Washington beat the Bruins the other night. This is reason for hope.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Apparently Phil is a -18 in 19 games played against Boston with a barn burning 3 goals. Guess others will have to step up.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

It's not that the Leafs are even playing the Bruins, it's the back-to-backs. Teams look real flat.

And the flight from Toronto to Boston. And 3 games in 4 nights. And our recent play against Boston. And our best scorer meeting his kryptonite (And it is Kessel, hush).

We have a lot working against us :laugh:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Looking at the Bruins players Career stats against the Leafs, and it ain't good for the Buds(lol). They have a ton of players with excellent numbers vs the Leafs. The Leafs pretty much only have Grabs that plays well against them, and Kadri(in his short 5 game career vs them).

In saying that, anything can happen! Roll up your socks and kick @ss

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I should have made my implication a little clearer. I meant to mean that people throw around the term "Must win" too loosely, and this game is not a "Must win", when it comes to points.

On an emotional level? I wanna kick some Bruin ass.

I wasn't very clear either. My post was meant to be in agreement with yours which I interpreted as you intended.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Lol at some people in this thread.

Let's write it right off, because they totally smoked us the last time out....

I can't believe people are honestly suggesting it may be okay to lose, because it may or may not wake our team up..... You play to win, and you cheer for your team to win.

Get it together, folks!

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

i suggest we ice the puck 100 times ,sit back in the middle and block 50 shots
hang in there in a 1-1 snoozefest

We stand our forth line in front of the net with Scrivens, they get 400 shots, Scrivens ups his save percentage, and we get the OT point! It's brilliant!!!!

I can't believe people are honestly suggesting it may be okay to lose, because it may or may not wake our team up..... You play to win, and you cheer for your team to win.

Get it together, folks!

I know you have a point... But... But....

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Get it together, folks!

Well it's not the last time out. It's the last 7 times out in a row.

I'd like to see a win. Just because if we hope to keep up with these other teams, we need to beat teams that have played less games than us but have similar amounts of points as us.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
9 back-to-back games this year; none against any team that would be coming off a back-to-back.

When adding to that how the Leafs will see stretches of inactivity for multiple days; yet have played a disproportionate amount of games to start the season.

Who the **** makes these schedules?

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I'd be thrilled with a point out of this game.

I just hope we don't get demolished, I have so little confidence against the Bruins. Losing the last 7 games will do that to a man.

Just put out a good effort and try to get a win.

We have a tough schedule ahead of us, we need to get some points out of tough teams in the next few weeks.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Expecting aa huge loss especially due the fact the leafs have been playing like crap. Actually 2 losses including pens.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
This is one of those games for me where if we win id be like "HOLY MOTHER OF GODD YES!!! PLAYOFFSSSS. STANLEY CUP FNIALS BABY!! BLACKHAWKS VS LEAFS!!" or if we lose id be like "Meh. Atleast we tried. Lets get ready for ****sburgh."

Ultimately i think the leafs will put out a good effort. Dont expect it to be a 8-0 loss. I predict the bruins winning 4-2

There is the stereotypical Leafs fan these forums have come to love!

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Second night of a back to back, on the road, against one of the best teams in the league, who traditionally dominate us like no other. We're a good team, I do think we have a shot, but I definitely am not going into this with any expectations. Any points would be a bonus.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
We could probably win. The line ups are not optimal. However, it is quite talented. All the lines can score and even the energy line can skate well and are quite strong on their own end.

Go Leafs Go! :)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No Tim Thomas? I don't think the Bruins are that hard to beat then.

Stick to the plan, drive to the net...and we could come out on top.

Last game was 1-0...when it was truly 2-1, and it could have easily been 2-2 if Kessel's shot is an inch low.

Watch out for Rask's dive and don't go near that idiot.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
And the flight from Toronto to Boston. And 3 games in 4 nights. And our recent play against Boston. And our best scorer meeting his kryptonite (And it is Kessel, hush).

We have a lot working against us :laugh:

Difference between years past and this one is that the Leafs can truly roll out three lines that can score. Julien will send out Chara against Kessel but in reality, I'm not even sure his lines been the most dangerous this season thus far. Still though, I think the Leafs will be tired. This schedule has been brutal and the Bruins have had maybe the easiest schedule so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad