Pre-Game Talk: Leafs v/s Bruins - Poking the rested bear - March 7 @ 7 pm - TSN/FAN 590

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Well, tonight's defensive effort won't just cut it.

Personally, I am keeping my expectations real low. Having said that, Bruins goal-tending and defense has been a bit suspect lately. Not that it'd matter in our case anyways.

Go Leafs Go :yo:

Also,
:help:

PS: Won't wave the white flag just yet.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Meh, honestly, a free game. I don't think we have anything to lose in this one, so the result of it is rather irrelevant. At some point though, we do have to beat Boston.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Obligatory

twgvw.gif

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Big game here. Not expecting a win but it would be nice as we play them 2 more times this month and it could give the team lots of confidence. I hope its Reimer starting but doubt it

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don't care how this game goes. If we Win, **** yeah! Great!

If we lose, well it's expected. Boston has owned us the past year, and this is the second night of the back to back.

But like OP, I won't wave the white flag either.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
No kidding, that talk drives me nuts. This is an extremely beatable Bruins team.

Exactly.

We were 4-2 against the Bruins the year they won the Cup...

Last year was bad because we couldn't get goaltending we needed to compete. There were some games the Bruins just gave it to us, but the games we had a chance our goalies crapped the bed.

Tim Thomas was also FANTASTIC against the Leafs, without him I have so much more confidence vs them.

Hopefully Frattin comes back, he can really boost the team morale further.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Sure, Chara can shut down Kessel and JVR, but we have Kadri and Mac to do some damage against their other guys :) We did not have a secondary threat last season behind Kessel and Lupul, that's why we went 0-6 against them.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Meh, honestly, a free game. I don't think we have anything to lose in this one, so the result of it is rather irrelevant. At some point though, we do have to beat Boston.

They 6-0'ed us last year and are up in the series 1-0 already. We got to beat them at SOME point. Right? ...Right??

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Lol, when I saw this thread, the first thing I thought was "Please nobody post that stupid Kessel gif". Of course it's the first reply :laugh:

I don't think that GIF should be posted ever again until Kessel actually does something against them :(

Kessel has 20 points in 24 games, no need to be ashamed. :)

Bruins fans are talking about Seguin scoring assisted by Hamilton. I feel like we owe Phil our support.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Lol, when I saw this thread, the first thing I thought was "Please nobody post that stupid Kessel gif". Of course it's the first reply :laugh:

I don't think that GIF should be posted ever again until Kessel actually does something against them :(

For me GDT is what that matters. Last game, I said I was thankful that no one had posted this GIF. So some ****** bag came along and posted this GIF saying 'This is for superstitions' or something (as I had said we've never won when someone posted that gif in GDT). Needless to say, we lost 1-0. :(

Penalty Kill Icing*

I am real confused right now. Leafs do have a chance, as they have been winning against teams on losing streaks lately. (NJ, Ottawa in immediate past). On other hand, they make it tough against Boston.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, as long as this team doesn't get manhandled and shows a much better effort than tonight, even if we lose by 1 goal, I wouldn't be too sad. I'd love to see them finally beat Boston though.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

What does our record have to be to make the playoffs now? 11-10-3, right?

11-9-4 gives us the magic .560 in that record. We can afford to let one go, so, my point is not to freak out tomorrow if we lose. I will bang that drum repeatedly. In the unlikely event we do win, it can be a win to define the team, and be a major confidence booster.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs have had a good start, but if they really want to show they belong where they currently are in the standings, beating the Bruins is on the to do list. Go Leafs. Let's show them this is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad