Post-Game Talk: Leafs thrash Lightning 7-2 | Captain Johnny with the Hatty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Nah.. don't get too upset about one loss, nor too excited about one win. This is a long battle, and there is always ups and downs. It was a great win, and a fun game to watch tonight. Plenty of bright spots... on to the next game, and hopefully we can come out hard again, and take the lead of the series.
Agreed except some fans here can't seem to have that mindset

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
If Hedman comes back it's obviosuly massive for TB, although i doubt he would be any where near 100%. Target him when ever he is on the ice.

Also does anyone know what happened with Sergachev? Left with about 5 minutes left in the game and i don't think he came back
Would love to know what happened to Hedman and Sergachev.

Reactions: Its not your fault

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Didn't really like either goal by Samsonov, over committed early when he just needed to follow a puck and not over play it. Biggest wild card and hasn't proven anything through 2. I get the "out play the opposition for 55 minutes and lose from 1 decent chance" vibes from him - but that might be just from cheering for the Leafs in general.

Reactions: Antropovsky

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Didn't really like either goal by Samsonov, over committed early when he just needed to follow a puck and not over play it. Biggest wild card and hasn't proven anything through 2. I get the "out play the opposition for 55 minutes and lose from 1 decent chance" vibes from him - but that might be just from cheering for the Leafs in general.
thats-bait-no-text.gif

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Maybe not but Sammy Is the guy. He's going to do it.

Yup playoff record isn't good for him but after the season he had im pretty confident in him.

Can't be any worse then Andy or Campbell... yup famous last words... but I'll hang my hat on it.

Leafs don't really have another choice. Unless it goes real south he's in.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Round of applause for Dubas for the guys he brought in at the deadline.

ROR
Acciari
McCabe
Schenn
Lafferty

These guys are true playoff guys, our lineup would've been completely beat up today without these guys

Don't forget Jarnkrok... That guys effort was through the roof, he was flying out there on the forecheck right from puck drop. No fear either.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Maybe not but Sammy Is the guy. He's going to do it.

Yup playoff record isn't good for him but after the season he had im pretty confident in him.

Can't be any worse then Andy or Campbell... yup famous last words... but I'll hang my hat on it.

Leafs don't really have another choice. Unless it goes real south he's in.

Best thing with Sammy is his confidence m he shook off that loss like it was nothing. Apparently the next day after Game 1 he just kept his phone off to block out external distractions

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Imo the Bolts guys looked rattled by the end of the game. Maroons penalty box antics were a sign of losing his focus

If Hedman does infact play game 3, we need to chip pucks into his corner from the start, forecheck and really finish every check.

We can not allow him to have an easy game.

TB is a entirely different looking team when he's not playing or not at 100%.

Worth noting Hedman has played injured in the playoffs in the past - which i actually think means we likely won't see him if it's so serious he wasn't able to play earlier.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Very cool that JT and Rielly lit up the scoreboard after all the grief they've taken here lately. I've read so many times that signing JT was a moronic move by Dubas that "doomed" the Leafs. And Rielly, when he was out we played good D so of course many people were saying that we'd be a better team without him. Enjoy eating that crow people. Nice vindication for Keefe as well, he was getting crapped on for the lineup, JT and Nylander don't work together so why is he playing them together was the narrative. So of course they get 4 goals and 5 points between them, not bad at all.

Also sweet was the play of Matt Knies. No points but I thought he played a very good game and I can't help but wonder, if he looks that good in his first NHL playoff game, how good might he look after another 5-6 games? Assuming we get past TB, this kid might help out in a very big way in the near future!

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
No, Jays are basically encouraging fans to get into it with the opposing team's bullpen now. Yellow Sweater Guy following their lead.
(the jays in right field were chanting this in the series opener because the pitcher had a turtleneck on.

I have zero issues with yellow hoodie besides his choice or attire. Seems like everyone around him was laughing too.... whhhhat a game to be at.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Somebody just sent me this …..
You can’t make this up

The artist formally known as #47 Giraffe

Playoff games including tonight
19 games

Goals

Assists

39 total hits all season lol
( higher than I thought ) lol
1/2 hit per game

MK hits last night

Last edited:

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Great game by the boys but when is Keefe gonna give up on this GIo Holl pairing. They have been awful, Holl especially. Throw Liljegren in there for a game and see what the kid can do. He is a -3 with zero points and from what I heard been on the ice for 6 of 9 TB goals.

Last edited:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Great game by the boys but when is Keefe gonna give up on this GIo Holl pairing. They have been awful, Holl especially. Throw Liljegren in there for a game and see what the kid can do. He is a -3 with zero points and from what I heard been on the ice for 6 of 9 TB goals.
At this point we've invested so much development into Holl over the past few years, it's better to keep him in then throw a green Liljegren in.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
(the jays in right field were chanting this in the series opener because the pitcher had a turtleneck on.

I have zero issues with yellow hoodie besides his choice or attire. Seems like everyone around him was laughing too.... whhhhat a game to be at.
If you go to a game with a game plan of chirping penalty box guys Yellow Sweater is perfect attire to go viral and get your 15 minutes, just look at us talking about it. Or the Miami Marlins jersey guy

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
At this point we've invested so much development into Holl over the past few years, it's better to keep him in then throw a green Liljegren in.
No it’s not, if the other player is the superior player then you play him. Keefe has a bias and that caused the team to loose the past few years. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Holl has clearly been terrible yet we keep throwing him out there. If Liljegren made as many boneheaded plays as he did his but would be stapled to the bench or he’d be in the press box.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
No it’s not, if the other player is the superior player then you play him. Keefe has a bias and that caused the team to loose the past few years. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Holl has clearly been terrible yet we keep throwing him out there. If Liljegren made as many boneheaded plays as he did his but would be stapled to the bench or he’d be in the press box.
Terry Funk
Or
Funkadelic?

GLG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad