Post-Game Talk: Leafs thrash Lightning 7-2 | Captain Johnny with the Hatty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Great game by the boys but when is Keefe gonna give up on this GIo Holl pairing. They have been awful, Holl especially. Throw Liljegren in there for a game and see what the kid can do. He is a -3 with zero points and from what I heard been on the ice for 6 of 9 TB goals.
If Keefe didn't replace him after a 7-3 loss, I doubt he does after a 7-2 win.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Single game advance stats in general are pretty meaningless.

Most xG models are made to incorporate some bias so the model isn’t overfitted to the prior/training data. The bias is balanced out later with a larger sample/testinng data that reduces error.

That being said, I do actually think the top line was the worst at 5v5 last night. Marner’s second goal went it, but would’ve barely registered in terms of xG because it was basically a nothing shot.

Single game advance stats in general are pretty meaningless.

Most xG models are made to incorporate some bias so the model isn’t overfitted to the prior/training data. The bias is balanced out later with a larger sample/testinng data that reduces error.

That being said, I do actually think the top line was the worst at 5v5 last night. Marner’s second goal went it, but would’ve barely registered in terms of xG because it was basically a nothing shot.
Considering I never tried to respond to this post, it is now official: hfboards and my cell phone don't like each other.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Mitch Marner's face after scoring the first goal.
1682134176250.png

The guy means business

Reactions: authentic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad