Post-Game Talk: Leafs > Tampa plus Refs (Woll and Knies are stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Luke Schenn was always meant to be a Leaf. I really hope he retires with us. He adds an element we've been missing for a long time. We have seen all of his clips of the way he boxes guys out of the house, but for me, it is those thunderous hits are such a welcomed sight. He doesn't pick his spots either, he just lays the body on everyone.

I have been calling for the the return of Luke to our team for years, and I am so happy it finally came true this season. So nice to have the human eraser back in blue and white. I am not sure how you can hold him out of the game 1 lineup at this point TBH. Just a true warrior

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
No Matthews no Marner no Sammy no Gio ... No Problem !!!!

This has to give the Leafs a gigantic boost in self confidence heading into this series now.

Almost want to make a realist like myself believe a victory is possible in round #1 .. Almost !!!

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Good coach, he knows exactly what he's doing.
Never understood why people think that coaches/players/etc actually honestly say what they think at these things.
Rarely is that the case.

Not saying he's not a good coach (although having an insanely talented team and the most clutch playoff goaltender of modern times certainly helps) but do you actually think he was being remotely honest there?

He seems to say stuff like this after every big loss and this time its obviously such a load of crap I cant believe anyone buys it.

"Zero intensity"? Multiple fights and a ton of scrums, playing his stars big minutes and getting 40+ shots on net isnt intense? Big hits and constant chirping back and forth isnt intense?

To quote someone else, either Cooper doesnt know the meaning of intensity or he's full of crap.

That game was so fun to watch because it was FAR more intense than what we expected as the Bolts really loaded up to "send a message" but got embarrassed.

I've never heard Keefe say something that dishonest after a game and yet we have to see him getting roasted around his own fanbase for telling the actual truth that management called down to put the university goalie in the other night.

"Honestly", Jeezus man. If they had pulled out a 1 goal victory, you think for a second he would say his team won despite their lack of intensity? Cooper strikes me one of the more dishonest coaches out there with his bullcrap spin when they lose.

Reactions: klmdg

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Luke Schenn was always meant to be a Leaf. I really hope he retires with us. He adds an element we've been missing for a long time. We have seen all of his clips of the way he boxes guys out of the house, but for me, it is those thunderous hits are such a welcomed sight. He doesn't pick his spots either, he just lays the body on everyone.

I have been calling for the the return of Luke to our team for years, and I am so happy it finally came true this season. So nice to have the human eraser back in blue and white. I am not sure how you can hold him out of the game 1 lineup at this point TBH. Just a true warrior
MY wife bought me a signed puck from him the year he was traded. It was such a random pick up too, I thought "Schenn....meh, thanks...I guess" haha.

Hopefully he wins a Cup here so I can say "I have a signed puck from the Leafs Cup winning team" :) He is not the green rookie whose puck I was given. He is a physical workhorse Gamer now.

Most of the starting 6 D if projections are correct play a strong, competititve, hard nosed game. Even Brodie with new teammates and beard looks more the part.

Reactions: banks

maskingagent

Oct 18, 2016

This has to give the Leafs a gigantic boost in self confidence heading into this series now.

Almost want to make a realist like myself believe a victory is possible in round #1 .. Almost !!!
A boost indeed. I think the Leafs are in a great position. They have solidified their goaltending as well. Woll looks stable and confident. We know there are some "rookie" goaltenders from the past that have taken teams into deep playoff runs. I think Woll is one of them. But Samsonov has to falter first. I don't see Tampa winning at all. I'm predicting Leafs in 4. Yes you read correctly ! I have not seen anything from Tampa recently that impresses me other than a little bit of physicality down low. But it hasn't produced results anymore, as teams know the cross pass to Stamkos is part of their offense and this quick pass to the slot from the defense, no longer is effective. If Tampa do take a game, its because the Leafs themselves lose it. The crowd will be super loud at the ACC , and they'll take the 1st two at home for sure. I think Nylander is going to be the biggest threat for Tampa. Look out for a deep playoff boys run, I hope Yonge Street can hold 'em all post game.. heh heh heh

kb

Aug 28, 2009
A "realist" is an interesting way of describing yourself.
"Realist"......LMFAO. Wow.

Not saying he's not a good coach (although having an insanely talented team and the most clutch playoff goaltender of modern times certainly helps) but do you actually think he was being remotely honest there?

He seems to say stuff like this after every big loss and this time its obviously such a load of crap I cant believe anyone buys it.

"Zero intensity"? Multiple fights and a ton of scrums, playing his stars big minutes and getting 40+ shots on net isnt intense? Big hits and constant chirping back and forth isnt intense?

To quote someone else, either Cooper doesnt know the meaning of intensity or he's full of crap.

That game was so fun to watch because it was FAR more intense than what we expected as the Bolts really loaded up to "send a message" but got embarrassed.

I've never heard Keefe say something that dishonest after a game and yet we have to see him getting roasted around his own fanbase for telling the actual truth that management called down to put the university goalie in the other night.

"Honestly", Jeezus man. If they had pulled out a 1 goal victory, you think for a second he would say his team won despite their lack of intensity? Cooper strikes me one of the more dishonest coaches out there with his bullcrap spin when they lose.
Bang on.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Remember the Refs were the only reason why Tampa won last year. Reversing a goal they would make an any other team.

Bettmans favourite subsidy welfare team gets free Refs.

F*ck you bettman

Go leafs go!!!!

Reactions: Teeder Keon

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

I think it's perfectly fine to say it if it's what the team responds to. Tampa came back with a win in response to every Leaf win, and I'm sure part of it is Cooper knowing how to push his team's buttons. It's not important to give honest interviews to endear himself to anyone

Reactions: ACC1224

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Bettman you cuck. Just let southern USA watch NASCAR and NFL.

Stop trying to welfare queen them

No one cares about the Bolts there without these boosted freebies.
My buddy was at the game last night and he said that the Lightning fans around him kept yelling for 'fouls' on the Leafs lol.

I went to the last regular season game between the two teams last year, think we lost like 8-1 or something but when we scored I stood up to clap or whatever and the guy behind me asked why I was cheering for the Leafs (implying that it was the wrong team), while I was wearing a Matthews jersey.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

You're a pessimist... and I was about to comment how nice it is to see you positive for once... but alas.

Agree with 2/3 of your post, keep it up!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gents so excited for Woll .. a bit of a d*ck but a great kid .. makes me think of a few years ago when I had mentioned he was our top prospect over Amirov, Sandin, Robertson etc .. and all da BS crap that went my way .. but I had da privilege of seeing him play since he was 9 .. with da exception of McJesus who was da best player a year up in AAAA spring tournaments, I have never seen a big kid like him from STL mind you (playing for/with Tkachuk) dominate a bunch of nhl/ahl/echl stacked teams at an age group above .. think of stopping Mitchy 10X on breakaways in one single game .. he has figured out all his angles and positional play now in AHL and is ready to take da lead over in da show .. like I said a few years ago he was always our best tender in 1 on 1s since he joined da team and now he has learned da pro game with great positional fundamentals .. but what will take Woll to a top 5 tender in da show is his insane ability to make 3 or 4 saves off a breakaway and then 2 or 3 quick follow up saves on da rebound (that is what it takes to be a cup winner) .. his athletic ability is way off da charts .. it might even happen this playoffs folks .. i hope it does not happen that Sammy sh*ts da bed again but we have a BIG game winner here who does not get fazed because he is in over his head .. he has been in over his head almost his entire hockey career so he has learned how to overcome that issue .. well he never really overcame it because he was able to do it from day 1 in da net

Big shout out to ROR who will lead team to a playoff series victory .. boys jump on his back now because he is a true leader of men .. Keefer can't screw it up if he tried .. you saw a glimpse last night but you will see much much more .. Mitch and Matty just jump on board too .. when you 2 kids get back in lineup just follow ROR's lead it is all you 2 need to do

Reactions: Petrus and ACC1224

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You're a pessimist... and I was about to comment how nice it is to see you positive for once... but alas.

Agree with 2/3 of your post, keep it up!

A definite improvement!!

forrestmess.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Morbo

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

If you read my post that you quoted you would have your answer.

I don't get why some are spending so much time and effort moaning about what an opposing coach says when they don't believe him anyway.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
My buddy was at the game last night and he said that the Lightning fans around him kept yelling for 'fouls' on the Leafs lol.

I went to the last regular season game between the two teams last year, think we lost like 8-1 or something but when we scored I stood up to clap or whatever and the guy behind me asked why I was cheering for the Leafs (implying that it was the wrong team), while I was wearing a Matthews jersey.
There are 7k Canadian Leaf fans in stands for every game all season long .. a few more when we are in town .. maybe 3k Canadian Habs fans too .. only around 7k true American fans in subscriber base .. so games are always a mixed bag of support .. in playoffs you get another 2k of us who fly down from TO for games .. some stay with family and use their parents season tickets like me

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
There are 7k Canadian Leaf fans in stands for every game all season long .. a few more when we are in town .. maybe 3k Canadian Habs fans too .. only around 7k true American fans in subscriber base .. so games are always a mixed bag of support .. in playoffs you get another 2k of us who fly down from TO for games .. some stay with family and use their parents season tickets like me
Oh I know, I'm just saying that based on my experience (I've been to two Leafs games at Amalie) and anecdotes from friends, a lot of Lightning fans don't know what they are talking about.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Pretty frustrating how game management continues to reward dirty teams by penalizing both sides near evenly. This will get worse in the playoffs, as usual. The priorities of this league are in a very strange place.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Didn’t watch the game because jays home opener/ leafs tv schedule is garbage. Don’t get TSN.

Nice to see schenn fill maroon in and woll get another win. Wish we never signed Murray and used that cap hit somewhere else but hindsight is 20/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad